Game of thrones ( reprise) (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

I broke and watched the leak of tonight's episode.

Really good. Like top three episodes of all time good.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I'm on a nightshift tonight but will watch it as soon as I get in

dutchman

What a finish from the queen of thorns. Houses falling all over the shop.
20620884_10155034207312734_965133716877174482_n.jpg

Otis

Just wonder if people agree that it is benefitting from just being 7 episodes? An awful lot of storyline to cram in and therefore plenty of stuff happening rapidly and a lot less padding to be found.

Compare that to TWD which is 16 episodes each series and for me, padding central at times.

Think if TWD was in a much shorter format it would benefit greatly and of course you have to remember there is not that much story to tell, just surival, zombies and one or two other rival groups.

Compare that to the seven kingdoms and all the kith and kin of all the families, plus all the aides and advisors and warriors and all the plotting and scheming etc. in GOT.

If one show was to be 16 episodes and one was to be just 7 you would surely have to think a reversal would be in order surely wouldn't you?

shmmeee

Just wonder if people agree that it is benefitting from just being 7 episodes? An awful lot of storyline to cram in and therefore plenty of stuff happening rapidly and a lot less padding to be found.

Compare that to TWD which is 16 episodes each series and for me, padding central at times.

Think if TWD was in a much shorter format it would benefit greatly and of course you have to remember there is not that much story to tell, just surival, zombies and one or two other rival groups.

Compare that to the seven kingdoms and all the kith and kin of all the families, plus all the aides and advisors and warriors and all the plotting and scheming etc. in GOT.

If one show was to be 16 episodes and one was to be just 7 you would surely have to think a reversal would be in order surely wouldn't you?

I'm torn. I don't think there was any filler before, I really liked the character development and back stories. I feel that this season is having stuff happen too quickly with little explanation or forewarning.

That said, the all action episodes are brilliant and big budget which wouldn't happen otherwise.

I think Ill wait to see how the whole season pans out before judging. It'll all depend where the show ends up and if they tied things up properly or not all feels a bit rushed and forced.

Otis

I'm torn. I don't think there was any filler before, I really liked the character development and back stories. I feel that this season is having stuff happen too quickly with little explanation or forewarning.

That said, the all action episodes are brilliant and big budget which wouldn't happen otherwise.

I think Ill wait to see how the whole season pans out before judging. It'll all depend where the show ends up and if they tied things up properly or not all feels a bit rushed and forced.

No, on the whole, GOT doesn't have much padding, though has in occasion focused a bit too much on periphery characters hardly anyone gives a rats arse about.

Only one character really annoying me at the moment and that is Bran Stark. I know it's deliberate, but god it's dour when he's on screen.

Otis

Think pretty much everyone though agrees on TWD and all its padding/episode fillers.

Gint11

Watched it this morning, insane episode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

It was stunning for sure. I can be a bit meh with it sometimes, but that was superb TV.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I've started to watch throne cast, it gives another perspective to the show .

covcity4life

thoguht jamie was done for at the end

tbh i kinda wish he had, yes hes an amazing character but what a literal blaze of glory to go out in

Liquid Gold

tbh i kinda wish he had, yes hes an amazing character but what a literal blaze of glory to go out in
It can't be the end of Jamie, he'll be reunited with Tyrion now and after knowing that he didn;t kill Joffrey it might be the thing that finally pushes him over the edge to kill Cercie.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Did Bronn save Jamie?
He won't half be weighed down with all the armour and a gold hand

Sky_Blue_Daz

Had a look online and there was a surprising amount of people who wanted Jamie and bronn to win the battle

Liquid Gold

It was either Bronn or the Tarly kid. I'd hope Bronn so he can see Tyrion again. Maybe one of the two will drown.

Otis

Same here. I always admire a show that can kill off a major character. Would have been the icing on the cake of the episode for me. Would have moved it from superb to utterly sublime.

vow

I always admire a show that can kill off a major character.

Agreed, but if I have one tiny, tiny ickle criticism it would be that Bronn stayed alive after looking like he should have died and then saving Jaime at the end. It's a far-fetched, out-there show I know, but as you say Otis it's not scared to finish of a main or semi-main character normally.

Si80

Did Bronn save Jamie?
He won't half be weighed down with all the armour and a gold hand
Definitely Bronn. I may have paused it a fair few times to check :D

What's miffed me about that scene though is Jamie was charging along the shoreline, water's less than a foot deep right? Drogon turns and Bronn comes in knocking him from his horse and the next thing you see is a shot of him sinking in deep water but he's only moved across a meter or so from where he was riding...

I mean wtf?

Otis

Agreed, but if I have one tiny, tiny ickle criticism it would be that Bronn stayed alive after looking like he should have died and then saving Jaime at the end. It's a far-fetched, out-there show I know, but as you say Otis it's not scared to finish of a main or semi-main character normally.

Yeah, Bronn was a gonner, let's face it, so a bit of a kop out there to my mind. Would have just be that much better of an episode (brilliant though it still very much was) if they had killed off Bronn or Jamie.

Otis

What's miffed me about that scene though is Jamie was charging along the shoreline, water's less than a foot deep right? Drogon turns and Bronn comes in knocking him from his horse and the next thing you see is a shot of him sinking in deep water but he's only moved across a meter or so from where he was riding...

I mean wtf?

Never clocked that, but yeah, you're right I think.

shmmeee

I mean wtf?

stock-vector-sudden-drop-off-prohibiting-sign-perform-certain-actions-on-the-territory-in-this-place-392231149.jpg

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
also whats annoyed me is that since bran and arya have been back no mention of rickon since they have been back like come on they aint that slow.

Users who are viewing this thread