Gary McSheffrey (2 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

ARGH GARY MCSHEFFREY, HE USED TO PLAY FOR COV AND DID ALRIGHT AND A LOT OF FANS REMEMBER HIM FONDLY SO LETS HATE HIM LIKE CARL BAKER UNTIL HE RESINGS AND THEN ACTUALLY HES ALRIGHT I GUESS

BUT UNTIL THEN ARGHHHHHHH GARY MCHEFFREY BOOOOOO HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
The irony here is that your spelling has improved when trying to look frothy.

Johhny Blue

Who said anything about the last 15 years? he's not a club legend, end of. And I say that as someone who has only supported the team since 2007. Admittedly that excludes his first spell but even so, it would be fairer to say there have been no club legends since relegation.
That's when he was born

Adge

That was embarrassing the last time that happened!

I’m all for applauding ex players in the pre match warm up, perhaps even when their name is read out, but as soon as the whistle blows, ex players are just that!
I remember people booing Dublin when he left (some people who don't know the facts behind the move to Villa) and it took a while I remember for people to recognise what a great player he was for us. Strange that when people shout McSheffreys name from the rooftops at every opportunity.

Grendel

I disagree with the Telegraph bollocks that cites him as a "Coventry City legend" ... maybe "Coventry City burger van and fried chicken shop legend" is about right

That’s unfair. He was a good story. Young guy born near Highfield Road and consistently a very good player in his first spell at the club.

Skilled, had pace, scored goals and always was fully committed. He’s far more a legend than Carl Baker.

Adge

That’s unfair. He was a good story. Young guy born near Highfield Road and consistently a very good player in his first spell at the club.

Skilled, had pace, scored goals and always was fully committed. He’s far more a legend than Carl Baker.
Yep, still not worthy of the tag though.

Grendel

Yep, still not worthy of the tag though.

The tag is a throwaway cliche - even Klaus Jorgensen gets called it on CWR - to be fair he laughs when Linnell says it.

He was a very good player for the club and we never adequately replaced him

Users who are viewing this thread