Gentleman's Hobbies...what, what... (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Yeah but once you find the spot you have to find the hidden container and swap something out. My 5 year old loves it.

Not sure the woman I accidentally jumped out of a bush at on the canal was best pleased mind.

Where do you find the locations?

So you get a location, find whats there but you have to plant something else in the same place or somewhere else?

shmmeee

Where do you find the locations?

So you get a location, find whats there but you have to plant something else in the same place or somewhere else?

You can get the app for free (or you could last time I checked) that gives you basic instructions, but it's enough.

Basically, you choose which one you want to look for, then the app gives you a direction to go and a distance. When you get there the app gives you a clue about where the stash is hidden and what size it is. Small ones are those old camera film canisters, larger ones are tupperware sized. Some just have a pencil and a piece of paper and you sign to say you found it and put it back. The bigger ones tend to have random stuff in. We've found keyrings, pens, little toys, coins, one of my mates found a bag of weed in one lol. The idea is if you take something, you put something else in in exchange.

A bit like golf, it's a good way to ruin a good walk.

Nick

Administrator
You can get the app for free (or you could last time I checked) that gives you basic instructions, but it's enough.

Basically, you choose which one you want to look for, then the app gives you a direction to go and a distance. When you get there the app gives you a clue about where the stash is hidden and what size it is. Small ones are those old camera film canisters, larger ones are tupperware sized. Some just have a pencil and a piece of paper and you sign to say you found it and put it back. The bigger ones tend to have random stuff in. We've found keyrings, pens, little toys, coins, one of my mates found a bag of weed in one lol. The idea is if you take something, you put something else in in exchange.

A bit like golf, it's a good way to ruin a good walk.

Sounds like a big treasure hunt, might have a look into it for the summer! :)

oscillatewildly

Football programme collecting. About the time we left HR (Is it really ten years?) I became very nostalgic for a time even before I was born, let alone started attending. My random collections consisted of lumps of 1970's thru only till early 1980's. I originally set out to collect everything CCFC, home & away from 1960 - 1982 (The last full home set I had, bar that Ipswich Town hastily rearranged fixture single sheet) I've got practically everything from that period now and working my way nicely thru the 1950's, even some late 1940's.
ebay and attending collectors fairs has since been replaced by auctions and spending hundreds buying job lots which has evolved into trading and collecting other clubs stuff.
I love old football progs, but I'm aware there could be a little bit of OCD in all of this!

mechaishida

Well, whilst we were being predictably knocked out of the FA Cup today, I went up the forest to do a spot of metal detecting - managed to stave off bum-rape from the hairy locals and found a 10p coin from 1968. Huzzah.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Running, did the half marathon in February .And doingbetween 6/8 miles twice a week. But during the spring and summer im doing 8miles 4 times a week

mechaishida

Running, did the half marathon in February .And doingbetween 6/8 miles twice a week. But during the spring and summer im doing 8miles 4 times a week

Very admirable, I'd get to about 200m and be violently sick on myself. I'm not overweight, just on the fags and coffee diet.

Samo

Grown men playing with plastic bricks? Have a word lads!

Samo

How very dare you. It's therapeutic.

Wait till you're married...

No thanks, tried that. I would suggest that playing with Lego is the first step to becoming unmarried.

Users who are viewing this thread