George Best (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

I was asked recently who's the best player I'd seen playing against the City ? Before I answered he said I bet it was Bestie ? I saw him play us three times and he was very ordinary to be honest in those games even though he was a fantastic footballer.I once read in an article that George slagged Coventry off saying he never liked playing us as he couldn't raise his game as he disliked the City and even said we shouldn't even be in the first division. I went off him after that even though he was a genius !

Brighton Sky Blue

I was asked recently who's the best player I'd seen playing against the City ? Before I answered he said I bet it was Bestie ? I saw him play us three times and he was very ordinary to be honest in those games even though he was a fantastic footballer.I once read in an article that George slagged Coventry off saying he never liked playing us as he couldn't raise his game as he disliked the City and even said we shouldn't even be in the first division. I went off him after that even though he was a genius !

He lived in Manchester and couldn't raise his game in Coventry?

scroobiustom

Best player vs. City....

Has to be kevin kilbane in a coventry shirt no?

TheRoyalScam

I saw Chris 'Spider' Cattlin mark George Best out of the game at Highfield Road, on his Coventry debut no less.

The 'best' player I ever saw play against the City was Ruud Gullit when he was player/manager at Chelsea.

cloughie

I remember that game Cattlin was brilliant,but best was and still is special

bringbackrattles

Best was brilliant but he couldn't do it each game even against us.the best players I've seen against the City were Charlie Cooke,Ian Storey Moore,Alan Hudson,and a young Gazza.

Users who are viewing this thread