Get VAR in the fucking bin (2 Viewers)

MalcSB

I'd love them to admit to a mistake offer us a replay and we say get fucked
This won’t happen, but It shouldn’t be a replay that was offered, we should be awarded the win. There as no way on earth that United would have come back in the remaining 20 seconds of play. Every City player would have been row Z-ing the ball, or the player if necessary, for that remaining time.

Brighton Sky Blue

This won’t happen, but It shouldn’t be a replay that was offered, we should be awarded the win. There as no way on earth that United would have come back in the remaining 20 seconds of play. Every City player would have been row Z-ing the ball, or the player if necessary, for that remaining time.
I don’t really even want the win, they can get twatted by Guardiola in the final and I’ll enjoy watching it. But I do want the cash and an apology.

Otis

This just doesn't work and at whatever level you think is 'clear and obvious' the ambiguity just moves there. If you say 'daylight' or 'its done on feet' the ambiguity over tiny millimeters will still be exactly the same, just at a different line. What is the definition of clear and obvious? The issue is, football has so many grey areas. There can be a tackle that 60% of fans would agree is a foul and 40% disagree. The 40% will just moan that VAR is still bad etc etc. It works for if the ball has crossed a goal line because that is factual and scientific. 90% of football decisions aren't factual and scientific. Offside, ironically is one of the few that could be if they used more advanced cameras and technology than they currently use.
Again, I get what you are saying, but no-one, I repeat, no-one, could say looking at that still, that there was a clear and obvious error.

There would still be some ambiguity in general for sure, but we CAN make it better. That yesterday should never have been overturned. No-one can defend that and say a clear and obvious error was made.

If you have to draw a line, it's not a clear and obvious error. Not in anyone's book.

Grendel

Again, I get what you are saying, but no-one, I repeat, no-one, could say looking at that still, that there was a clear and obvious error.

There would still be some ambiguity in general for sure, but we CAN make it better. That yesterday should never have been overturned. No-one can defend that and say a clear and obvious error was made.

If you have to draw a line, it's not a clear and obvious error. Not in anyone's book.

If the assistant had flagged offside should that be overturned?

Gynnsthetonic

Not sure what thread it is but there's a couple of posts showing the build up and Wright looks miles onside.
Even going by when he gets level with Wan Bissaka and the dodgy line, I don't think the officials are corrupt, but subconsciously they know, getting it wrong in favour of one of the big clubs will bring alot less heat than getting it wrong to their detriment
Ref should of watched it again in real time on the monitor, can't believe he didn't. He is the ref ffs not a techno geek sat in a room hundreds of miles away

rexo87

No it’s shouldn’t. The original decision whatever decision it was should have stood.

Just sick to death of VAR. I get the arguments about it not being VAR that’s the problem but if they can’t use it then just scrap it completely. It’s ruined the game. Football is a subjective game 90% of the times and refs are the most equipped to deal with these decisions. Passing the buck from one person to another miles away on a computer screen just doesn’t work in football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Nope. In that scenario yesterday, no.

It's such a close call isn't it. So, I think, as VAR, you look at it and if it's that close, you go with the on-field decision. So if the linesman raised his flag, that's what you go with.

There wasn't enough evidence to overturn it. Should be like in cricket.

No clear and obvious error whichever way the officials called it yesterday. Should have gone with that.

clint van damme

No it’s shouldn’t. The original decision whatever decision it was should have stood.

Just sick to death of VAR. I get the arguments about it not being VAR that’s the problem but if they can’t use it then just scrap it completely. It’s ruined the game. Football is a subjective game 90% of the times and refs are the most equipped to deal with these decisions. Passing the buck from one person to another miles away on a computer screen just doesn’t work in football.

Unfortunately this particular genie is not going back in the bottle, we're stuck with it.

rexo87

Can't really do that if we want to keep competition honest, big game for Hull unfair on Norwich, West brom?

Not just a big game for Hull really. If we were to win we’d be on same points with same games played? Not that I think we will win after that yesterday

shmmeee

Cant believe youd watch that come back yesterday and decide it’s time to give up in the league. See what happens FFS. We win the next two and Norwich or WBA lose and it’s all change.

I don’t think we’ll do it. But who thought we’d get back level yesterday. Should we have chucked Kai Andrew’s on for a run about at 0-3?

MalcSB

Can't really do that if we want to keep competition honest, big game for Hull unfair on Norwich, West brom?
Should we care about keeping a competition honest? After yesterday? We should do whatever is best for our club and players. If that is chasing an almost impossible play off dream, then fair enough. If it is giving some youngsters valuable experience then equally fair enough.

wingy

Should we care about keeping a competition honest? After yesterday? We should do whatever is best for our club and players. If that is chasing an almost impossible play off dream, then fair enough. If it is giving some youngsters valuable experience then equally fair enough.
My reverse sentiments yesterday tbh, tbf I think we can beat them fatigued or not!

MalcSB

My reverse sentiments yesterday tbh, tbf I think we can beat them fatigued or not!
Don't get me wrong, yesterday was great and the feeling when we scored the winning goal was amazing. And then the VAR bastards ruined it. However, the chance of us beating Man City to win the cup would have been miniscule. I think we would have been in a playoff place without the cup run.

Sky Blue Pete

Clear and obvious is not the rule though for offside

Sky Blue Pete

But equally. It wasn’t a serious missed incident. The Lino and ref saw it and allowed it.
It falls under the goal / no goal nothing more serious than allowing a goal to stand or not
I’d argue it was right to look but too tight to overrule but I don’t think they do that, they should but they don’t
Also this playing of the ball is now playing with my mind
I’ve lived and reffed and the ball is deemed played when it leaves the foot
There’s enough wriggle room to move the frame on as it was a scoop. I think they’ve made the wrong call and would be good to clarify the rule

shmmeee

It falls under the goal / no goal nothing more serious than allowing a goal to stand or not
I’d argue it was right to look but too tight to overrule but I don’t think they do that, they should but they don’t
Also this playing of the ball is now playing with my mind
I’ve lived and reffed and the ball is deemed played when it leaves the foot
There’s enough wriggle room to move the frame on as it was a scoop. I think they’ve made the wrong call and would be good to clarify the rule

Serious yes. Missed no.

Sky Blue Pete

Serious yes. Missed no.
Agreed but it’s not how offsides have been implemented in English footie with var
They are all checked in this way
I’d love to get @Adge
Or @Frostie or someone who’s maybe seen var etiquette to confirm my thoughts
The ifab law says played so why is it when it’s at the foot and not when it leaves his foot
Even one frame after it’s different and more than that he’s clearly onside

Brighton Sky Blue

Cant believe youd watch that come back yesterday and decide it’s time to give up in the league. See what happens FFS. We win the next two and Norwich or WBA lose and it’s all change.

I don’t think we’ll do it. But who thought we’d get back level yesterday. Should we have chucked Kai Andrew’s on for a run about at 0-3?
Ten Haag did that I think, someone called Kai Antony?

Users who are viewing this thread