Gigs at central library (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

just bought tickets to see Idles at Cov central library. Have there been gigs here before? (Apart from when it was the Locarno/Tiffanys).
Seems a bit of an odd venue, looking forward to it though.

wingy

It's a good Idea.
I see one of the Councillors has opened up a debate that we should have a Central decent sized venue .
We obviously have a few capable of holding 1K-1500 on the periphery of the centre but I think that boat has sailed.
The competition is already established across other Midland Cities.

clint van damme

It's a good Idea.
I see one of the Councillors has opened up a debate that we should have a Central decent sized venue .
We obviously have a few capable of holding 1K-1500 on the periphery of the centre but I think that boat has sailed.
The competition is already established across other Midland Cities.

just read it's part of something called get it loud in libraries which puts gigs on in libraries. Never heard of it!

Whatever happened to the box, (or perhaps the cube?), at Fargo? Thought that was going to become a venue. Think the capacity may be around the 500 mark.

Otis

just read it's part of something called get it loud in libraries which puts gigs on in libraries. Never heard of it!

Whatever happened to the box, (or perhaps the cube?), at Fargo? Thought that was going to become a venue. Think the capacity may be around the 500 mark.
The Box is used, but very rarely for performance. Seen bars set up in their and stalls and art exhibitions, but not a hot of music.

Be nice to see the old nightclub opposite the back of the transport museum and the old sorting office turned into a venue for bands.

dancers lance

just bought tickets to see Idles at Cov central library. Have there been gigs here before? (Apart from when it was the Locarno/Tiffanys).
Seems a bit of an odd venue, looking forward to it though.
The thing is though, the interior of the building hasn't really changed that much, it still has the upper balcony overlooking what was the main dance floor (just has movable book shelving) and many of the walls are just lightweight partitions, it could easily be used as a venue now and again or easily converted back into a permanent one.

torchomatic

Warwickshire libraries did something similar in Rugby a few years ago. Can't remember the bands now, but nothing was quite my taste so I didn't go.

NorthernWisdom

Warwickshire libraries did something similar in Rugby a few years ago. Can't remember the bands now, but nothing was quite my taste so I didn't go.

Just my view, but I think those gigs just didn't work other than a basic 'how many people visited our building' exercise. My mate goes (or rather, went, he doesn't now because his work gets disrupted by bands!) into Rugby library a fair amount just to, well, use it as a library, but his time there was disrupted by the band. I'm not convinced that it worked overly well in persuading people just there to see the band, to use the library as a library either.

I like libraries, I like gigs... but I don't go to a gig for the library, nor do I use the library expecting a gig.

Users who are viewing this thread