Gillingham (Home) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Johnnythespider

Great 3 points today. Shame Turner wasn't able to complete the 90 as we looked twice the team when he was on the pitch, but it seems this is a contractual thing, and id rather he do 2 X 50-60 mins than 1 X 90 and not be allowed to play the next game.

Bigi did look poor, but he's not on Connor Thomas level just yet so doesn't deserve anyone getting on his back just yet. He's not had much football of late so he will have poor spells.

Why Murphy didn't dtart his CCFC career as a number 10 I will never know. He brings so much quality to the team in that position. Anyone thinking he's still lazy? ;)
I was very disappointed Murphy was taken off when he was, everyone knows he always plays better in the last 20 mins

FRY-CCFC

Possession

45%55%90minsCoventry CityGillingham

[h=3]Shots[/h]
16​
[h=4]On target[/h]
7​

[h=3]Corners[/h]
2​

[h=3]Fouls[/h]
7​

stupot07

Does anyone know the possession stats today
0490d4c0c1d9476737cd9009cd9886ca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SlowerThanPlatt

Few more records broken today:

First half hatrick since WW2
4 wins a row for the first time since 2002
2nd hat trick at the Ricoh (Freddie Eastwood the other one)

Liquid Gold

The third today was a big goal for me, went absolutely mental and apparently pushed my girlfriend in the face! But it was the first time I really thought we might actually achieve something significant this season. The cov fear of fucking things up is starting to go away. That is big news

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Was just glad with a bigger crowd that we actually delivered, I said yesterday before the game that today was going to be a big point in whether we could really start to believe or not.
we have a lot to do still this season but for now, I believe.

D

Deleted member 2477

Without taking anything away from yesterday I dont think Gillingham will be any where near the top six at the end of the season. I think its a fight between us,wigan, bradford,walsall,millwall, shef utd for the top six with us wigan and walsall for autos. Alot will depend on what happens in January

SkyBlueMatt

What a day and what a game. I think that might have an impact on attendances now. To a man they were brilliant and Armstrong didn't even score!

Got a few bumps and bruises from the celebrations though. Nose took a whack and fell into the row infront. Worth it!!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

That 10 minute spell I'm sure the stadium noise was at the same level as soon as goal 1 went in it didn't settle down til probably half time!

Bonkers up there with the End to the PNE JPT game & Westwood last min pen save in the 1-0 v wolves in terms of noise and bonkers scale!

Astute

What a day and what a game. I think that might have an impact on attendances now. To a man they were brilliant and Armstrong didn't even score!

Got a few bumps and bruises from the celebrations though. Nose took a whack and fell into the row infront. Worth it!!

The idea of an aisle seat is that you can fall all the way to the front :D

Rich

So we managed to get some....in row C.

Who wants to sit in row bloody C????

The seats in Row C were spot on for the first half. Block 17 so right on the 6 yard line. We were real close to the action. Went and sat in Block 26 for the second half though as you couldn't get an idea of how far away things were at the other end.

Still trying to get my head around Saturday! Would love to see that 10 minutes again as it was all a bit of a blur! Does anyone know if Sky blues player has it?

I thought we controlled the first half even before the 1st goal. My only concern was that Gillingham didn't allow us to play it short from goal kicks, this meant the ball being fired up to Murphy and Armstrong which they won very little. I did notice that stokes and ricketts then pushed up allowing cook to pass to them.

For all of Murphy's goals I think JOB was my man of the match. Loved it when he realised he was being subbed and ran to the other side of the pitch and then slowly walked back over. Some of his passing was superb also.

Kent is getting better. A couple of times he could have looked up and done better but he put a couple of very dangerous balls in the 2nd half. Him and Armstrong pull players towards them, at one point Kent had 3 players on him!

Loving being a city fan again and the atmosphere throughout the stadium is getting better and better.

Speedies_Chips

Still trying to get my head around Saturday! Would love to see that 10 minutes again as it was all a bit of a blur! Does anyone know if Sky blues player has it?

I thought we controlled the first half even before the 1st goal. My only concern was that Gillingham didn't allow us to play it short from goal kicks, this meant the ball being fired up to Murphy and Armstrong which they won very little. I did notice that stokes and ricketts then pushed up allowing cook to pass to them.

For all of Murphy's goals I think JOB was my man of the match. Loved it when he realised he was being subbed and ran to the other side of the pitch and then slowly walked back over. Some of his passing was superb also.

Kent is getting better. A couple of times he could have looked up and done better but he put a couple of very dangerous balls in the 2nd half. Him and Armstrong pull players towards them, at one point Kent had 3 players on him!

Loving being a city fan again and the atmosphere throughout the stadium is getting better and better.

Tbh I was a bit disappointed with Kent. He was doing that quick spin and turn when he was receiving the ball, but I don't think any of his possession came to anything.

I also wish he wouldn't try fancy stuff when he only a few yards outside our box. That said he must be a nightmare to play against.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Didn't want to start a new thread for this but does anyone know why RCC is afraid to kick the ball out of his hands, he either rolls it out or if he does kick long he always drops it at his feet to kick off the ground.

covcity4life

Didn't want to start a new thread for this but does anyone know why RCC is afraid to kick the ball out of his hands, he either rolls it out or if he does kick long he always drops it at his feet to kick off the ground.

It's working though. He helps us attack more than any keeper I remmeber

The question is why must their always be something to moan about?

chiefdave

Could just be a habit or it could be he kicks it better off the ground than out of his hands.

ajsccfc

I don't think he's afraid of it at all, playing the ball from the ground or throwing is more accurate. Consider how many times a Lee Burge kick would go straight to the opposite keeper.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Could just be a habit or it could be he kicks it better off the ground than out of his hands.
Just a bit odd, teams will pick up on it sooner or later. A couple of times in the second half Samuel stood close to him as to not allow him to drop it to kick and he was forced to roll it out wide, if those players had been marked he could have found himself in a pickle.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I don't think he's afraid of it at all, playing the ball from the ground or throwing is more accurate. Consider how many times a Lee Burge kick would go straight to the opposite keeper.
Is it more accurate when you have to begin rushing the kick as the opposition are becoming wise to it and start pressing the keeper?

ajsccfc

If the opposition are committing men forward to thwart a goalkeeper's short distribution, that makes a long kick that little more dangerous.

kg82

Is it more accurate when you have to begin rushing the kick as the opposition are becoming wise to it and start pressing the keeper?

Yes, it is. Most keepers don't kick out the hand very much anymore. In a team like TM's you'll be told to build from the back as much as possible when you have the ball.

standupforcity

The way he rolls the ball out is one of the most pleasing things to watch...knowing we'll retain possession as a result. Hoofing it up the field just isn't our game plan today!

Users who are viewing this thread