Gillingham offer support to SISU (1 Viewer)

T

tobymillward

That is probably the only letter from the 71 clubs that supports SISU. Just the club trying to use it as propaganda.

Mucca Mad Boys

Well said, that's 2 clubs who have spoke against ACL, now it's time for our fans to rally behind not SISU, but CCFC to get a better rent agreement.

TheRoyalScam

Well said, that's 2 clubs who have spoke against ACL, now it's time for our fans to rally behind not SISU, but CCFC to get a better rent agreement.

How about reducing the rent from £1.3m to £400k/annum?

Or am I missing your point?

Godiva

I agree - that is what the Trust should do.
Maybe next week they will organise a protest against ACL at the Ricoh?

James Smith

What are Walsall charging us and do you have contact details for the person we need to lobby there to get it reduced?

simple_simon

I agree - that is what the Trust should do.
Maybe next week they will organise a protest against ACL at the Ricoh?

What a load of Shite, as far as I can see its not about who says what or who you support in this crap.
Only ONE group are taking the club away from Coventry and that not ACL.

theferret

I agree with much of what was said in that letter. Take the rent issue in isolation and I stand with the club.

You cannot take the rent issue in isolation though, you have to view it in the context of everything else that has happened under SISU, and as we all know, they have been an unmitigated disaster. I just hope we emerge from this mess with new owners, can't stand the thought of this dragging on much longer.

Mucca Mad Boys

It's called "The Taylor Tombola Book Of Facts , Conjecture or Inane Bollocks" trouble is you don't know which one you are going to get :jerkit:

Speaking of 'inane bollocks' 'conjecture'... What fact have you posted today?

Mucca Mad Boys

What a load of Shite, as far as I can see its not about who says what or who you support in this crap.
Only ONE group are taking the club away from Coventry and that not ACL.

What about when ACL denied us the chance to renegotiate the rent.

Before you say, Fisher made a statement about this, and before you say 'don't believe a word Fisher says', ACL failed to release a counter-statement and if this wasn't the case, ACL would've been quick to dismiss what Fisher said, but they didn't.

All on ITV if you don't believe me.

May I ask again, if ACL refuses to talk about a rent agreement, what are CCFC supposed to do?

James Smith

Before you say, Fisher made a statement about this, and before you say 'don't believe a word Fisher says', ACL failed to release a counter-statement and if this wasn't the case, ACL would've been quick to dismiss what Fisher said, but they didn't.

May I ask again, if ACL refuses to talk about a rent agreement, what are CCFC supposed to do?
Do you have a date for that on the ITV site?

Noggin

You keep spouting the same old nonsense, ACL didn't refuse to negotiate, ACL refused to negotiate any further after a year of negotiating and producing a final offer, SISU rejected the final offer hence nothing further to discuss.

Mucca Mad Boys

You keep spouting the same old nonsense, ACL didn't refuse to negotiate, ACL refused to negotiate any further after a year of negotiating and producing a final offer, SISU rejected the final offer hence nothing further to discuss.

Answer to the post above yours (mine).

Dated 3rd of May, months after we rejected the last offer, Fisher come out, says ACL rejected offer to come back to the table and ACL have been silent (because it's incredibly likely to be true, why would they be silent if it wasn't true?) and for all we know, a deal could've been struck.

People are ignoring this because its convent for them, so I'll carry on with the same rhetoric so people get the truth.

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

just let them have cody but apparently we arent being told the whole truth, noggin seems to have it spot on

Clearly not the case, you can ignore it as much as you like, but that'd be ignoring the truth because if Fisher's statement was false, ACL would've came out and denied it - but they haven't, the silence is deafening.

James Smith

I can do one better:

Bit of spin, but the last line interests me.

But the lawyers acting for ACL did respond, same day.
James Powell of law firm Walker Morris via BBC site said:
"Indeed, ACL has already committed a significant level of funding to ensure that the pitch is improved for next season, after the club ceased to commit investment in the pitch towards the end of last season.
"So that there can be no doubt whatsoever among Sky Blues fans, ACL would be delighted for Coventry City Football Club to play at the Ricoh Arena next season. Nobody connected to the football club has yet approached ACL in this regard."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/england/22396786

Same Lawyer via Cove Telegraph said:
“Previous statements have been made on behalf of Coventry City Football Club (Holdings) Limited, who implied that they owned the football club.
"We have asked Holdings to provide evidence for this assertion and they have refused to respond.
"We note today’s statement by Mr Fisher does not now purport to be on behalf of Holdings.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-look-new-ground-3408250

Last edited:

Dated 3rd of May, months after we rejected the last offer, Fisher come out, says ACL rejected offer to come back to the table and ACL have been silent (because it's incredibly likely to be true, why would they be silent if it wasn't true?) and for all we know, a deal could've been struck.

People are ignoring this because its convent for them, so I'll carry on with the same rhetoric so people get the truth.

whats to negociate, acl said that was their final offer, many on here said we shouldve taken it but yet timmy still wanted to get more of a cut in rent... after admitting he tried to bankrupt acl

TheRoyalScam

29th January 2013 - ACL/Higgs/CCCouncil/SISU/CCFC shake hands on heads of terms for a rent reduction from £1.3m to £400k/annum, with other reductions (escrow a/c, repayment of debt over many years etc).........

The following day (after advice from SISU's queen of debt) Fisher admits he never had the authority (as CEO??? - shadow directorship going on here if ever I saw it) to agree and they wanted to renegotiate.

ACL, sick and tired of all the prevarication by SISU - 'It's like trying to nail jelly to a wall'.

Yet SBTaylor (posting more drivel seeing as it's half-term) thinks a brief ITV synopsis 'proves' that ACL are playing hardball, and poor SISU are misunderstood and hard done by.:facepalm:

At the moment it's all irrelevant - CCFC Ltd (who hold the Ricoh lease) are in administration, so ACL are entirely correct when they say they will only talk to the Administrator and other interested parties, and not with CCFC (Holdings).

SuttonSkyBlue

They are refusing to negotiate with them because they (CCFC LTD) are currently in adminstration, hence why they are currently in discussions with the adminstrator, Paul Appleton. Very simple really.

Noggin

Months after SISU rejected the final offer and months after sisu had told ACL they were going to move out and wanted a 3 year deal they asked to reopen negotiations, why would acl want to negotiate further than their final offer, you make it sound like sisu had wanted to accept the offer, thats not what reopen notifications means. it means they want to negotiate more and acl had already given a final offer. Sisu could have said acl offered us a deal which we rejected, we now wish to take them up on that deal, had they said this and had acl then refused to talk to them then we should start criticizing ACL, but that isn't what happened.

Bill Glazier

As my sweet old neighbour used to say (of wind) 'Better an empty house than a bad tenant, dear'. Anyone could get a better rent deal from ACL than SISU right now.

procdoc

whats to negociate, acl said that was their final offer, many on here said we shouldve taken it but yet timmy still wanted to get more of a cut in rent... after admitting he tried to bankrupt acl

Taylor doesn't seem to grasp that once a final offer is made that's it. SISU initially agreed to their final offer then decided against it knowing full well that ACL weren't prepared to bend over anymore

Mucca Mad Boys

That went under my nose, after searching for it as well - annoying, meh.

So we have 2 parties saying 2 opposite things each with their spin doctors on the go - one of them is lying and but worryingly, there's no evidence that either is telling the truth.

Although you put me in my place - kudos - the wider problem is that now we don't know who is telling the truth.

SkyBlueRuffian

I agree with much of what was said in that letter. Take the rent issue in isolation and I stand with the club.

You cannot take the rent issue in isolation though, you have to view it in the context of everything else that has happened under SISU, and as we all know, they have been an unmitigated disaster. I just hope we emerge from this mess with new owners, can't stand the thought of this dragging on much longer.

what he said.

Mucca Mad Boys

Taylor doesn't seem to grasp that once a final offer is made that's it. SISU initially agreed to their final offer then decided against it knowing full well that ACL weren't prepared to bend over anymore

No I have grasped that, but, these 'approaches' were made months after the offer was rejected, now, ACL have been claiming the door is open so when SISU supposedly came back, they could've, for all we know, accepted the last offer.

Users who are viewing this thread