Glastonbury (1 Viewer)

dancers lance

Anyone get tickets for Glasto next year?

pastythegreat

No!!
1st year we've applied though so wasn't expecting to have any luck this year!
In truth it's probably for the best as our daughter will only of just turned 2 so maybe a bit much!
Will just be doing the 2 festivals next year.
IoW Fest (as long as they don't cancel due to costs as they're threatening) and Camp Bestival.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

dancers lance

No!!
In truth it's probably for the best as our daughter will only of just turned 2 so maybe a bit much!
IoW Fest (as long as they don't cancel due to costs as they're threatening) and Camp Bestival.

Unlucky mate, we got ours in the dying seconds and this will be my 12th time (I couldn't get tickets last year though) Glasto is an amazing place to take kids (if it's dry), they put massive effort into the family and kids side of things, but if it;s wet it's a living nightmare, especially if you need to use a buggy. Don't be put off though, better luck next time!

pastythegreat

Cheers! They reckon next year will be a break?! Don't they say that every year though?

dancers lance

Cheers! They reckon next year will be a break?! Don't they say that every year though?

2018 is what they call a "fallow year" when they have a year off, they do it every 6 years to let the land recover and give the staff/farmers a break.

B-Ban-Boogie

I may be asking a stupid question here but here goes...
My wife tried to get 2 tickets for her and her sister and didn't get any last week but is there ANY other way of getting some?
Are the names registered with the ticket, can you if someone decides to sell, buy someones else ticket etc...

Am i right in thinking that last week was just a deposit that was given and in April when the full payment is needed then some more tickets become available?

clint van damme

I may be asking a stupid question here but here goes...
My wife tried to get 2 tickets for her and her sister and didn't get any last week but is there ANY other way of getting some?
Are the names registered with the ticket, can you if someone decides to sell, buy someones else ticket etc...

Am i right in thinking that last week was just a deposit that was given and in April when the full payment is needed then some more tickets become available?

Your correct, there is a re-sale in April.

People also sell tickets with their photos on and it could be worth taking a risk.

I've only been once since the photo tickets came in and they didn't look at it in any detail when I went in. It got checked by some 18 year old Oxfam volunteer who was desperate for their shift to end so they could get on the session. Heard of plenty of people getting in on others tickets.
Just the risk that you could get some jobs worth.

Liquid Gold

No!!

Camp bestival is the perfect festival to take kids to

pastythegreat

Camp bestival is the perfect festival to take kids to
We've been looking at it for the last few years but have not done it as of yet!
We normally go to the big feastival (jamie oliver and Alex james) as it's pretty much the same line up etc as CB just closer to home and not as big/busy.
With it being a jamie oliver festival too, it was just as much about food and family as it was a music festival. Always good food and a great atmosphere.
Didn't get the same feeling this year. With Jamie preoccupied with having a baby it seemed as though most of the festival was planned by Alex james and it showed! It didn't have that usual feel I didn't think.
Now JO has said he's stepping away from it it's gonna be much the same next year so we're off to CB

Users who are viewing this thread