Goal scorer needed (3 Viewers)

Hertsccfc

To me the concern is lack of service along with poor finishing. Very few chances are created by our midfield, yes they work hard, yes they are skilful, yes they work hard, but the final ball is often left wanting.
Only five shots on target in the month of March. That is desperate and no amount of excuses can account for that. It is inexcusable.

WE have made plenty of chances. Problem is we keep missing them which is the reason for the low number of shots on target. We had 4 or 5 really good chances on Saturday alone and it is similar in most matches

Otis

Yes. The poster speaks of lack of service, but we have had two 1 on 1's in the last two games and other great opportunities too. Look at Hamer's for instance on Saturday.

fernandopartridge

To me the concern is lack of service along with poor finishing. Very few chances are created by our midfield, yes they work hard, yes they are skilful, yes they work hard, but the final ball is often left wanting.
Only five shots on target in the month of March. That is desperate and no amount of excuses can account for that. It is inexcusable.

Biamou has had 4 gilt edged chances in 2 games, Hamer another. We create enough chances to score more than we do. Look how many times we've hit the woodwork.

We do need to get midfielders up into the box, it's difficult to execute a great final ball when you're looking for one player in five.

Major Tom

It’s not just a striker though is it (exc. Wycombe game), it’s the whole midfield that need to step up, creativity is lacking and too many passes progressive passes go astray.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Dwight Gale is out of contract at the end of the season and he can score goals in the championship maybe out of out bussiness mold at 31 but could help the likes of Walker and Godden

Frostie

Dwight Gale is out of contract at the end of the season and he can score goals in the championship maybe out of out bussiness mold at 31 but could help the likes of Walker and Godden

He's on £40k p/w at Newcastle.
If they come down they might want to keep him, if not he'll have much richer suitors than us.

cc84cov

JCH would of offered us more than our strikers this season at this level who we left go for free after spending around £1m on walker

Sky Blue Harry H

JCH would of offered us more than our strikers this season at this level who we left go for free after spending around £1m on walker

currently in a Posh side that look like they may well blow the autos (3-1 down at Blackpool, who are on a roll)

Sunderland fans getting excited.

stevefloyd

JCH for some reason couldn't hit a barn door when he was here, he had chances to score but mostly missed them, he has surprised many many people how all of a sudden he started scoring so many after he left

Hobo

JCH for some reason couldn't hit a barn door when he was here, he had chances to score but mostly missed them, he has surprised many many people how all of a sudden he started scoring so many after he left

Attitude. He seemed very half hearted here.

KenilworthSkyBlue

But as remarked had a shit attitude

Neither Bristol nor Peterborough have had issues. Quite the opposite in fact.

Personally, I think it was more of a Robins problem than a JCH problem. He can certainly be a bit of a primadonna at times but the notion that JCH has a poor attitude is completely false.

cov donkey kick

Neither Bristol nor Peterborough have had issues. Quite the opposite in fact.

Personally, I think it was more of a Robins problem than a JCH problem. He can certainly be a bit of a primadonna at times but the notion that JCH has a poor attitude is completely false.
Well whatever happened JCH is a talent and keeps proving it at every club.

Speedies_Chips

it's all very well supporting the 'likes of Godden and Walker', but what about actually supporting Godden and Walker themselves?

Bad Boy

It would also help if some of countless sitters missed by our defence players when up for corners
I have often thought that our defenders haven’t weighed in with a reasonable tally over the course of a season.

I know that you statisticians out there will now blow me and my thoughts out of the water.

So it’s tin helmet time!!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I still don't understand why people talk about defenders and midfielders not getting the goals. Strikers can get away with pretty much everything because "it's not their job". Well if that's the case it's not the job of defenders and midfielders to score many goals either.

That's not to say the haven't missed some very presentable chances but them missing them should be no different to a striker making a bad challenge.

If you want to have a go at the defence, you can do that easily enough just by talking about defensive errors.

stupot07

I still don't understand why people talk about defenders and midfielders not getting the goals. Strikers can get away with pretty much everything because "it's not their job". Well if that's the case it's not the job of defenders and midfielders to score many goals either.

That's not to say the haven't missed some very presentable chances but them missing them should be no different to a striker making a bad challenge.

If you want to have a go at the defence, you can do that easily enough just by talking about defensive errors.

I can see where you are coming from but I've got to disagree, all good teams have goals from across the pitch. This is especially so when you only ever play a lone striker. Are you expecting them to score all of the teams goals Also? Also whats the point of sending up your centrebacks for corners and set pieces of they are not there to present a goal threat?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I can see where you are coming from but I've got to disagree, all good teams have goals from across the pitch. This is especially so when you only ever play a lone striker. Are you expecting them to score all of the teams goals Also? Also whats the point of sending up your centrebacks for corners and set pieces of they are not there to present a goal threat?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Don't get me wrong - I agree that we need goals from elsewhere. It's just annoying that it's talked about like 'oh, he needs to add goals to his game' or 'he should be putting that away' for defenders but strikers don't get the same. It's 'that was a poor challenge but it's to be expected from a forward' or 'his marking/tracking was lax but he's a forward - it's not his game'. Totally different mindsets when it's the same argument - doing things you aren't paid to do. Strikers get paid more as well, so if a defender/midfielder could be expected to put those chances away they should be getting a fortune - able to finish like a striker and do other stuff as well.

Users who are viewing this thread