Goalkeeper (1 Viewer)

Senior Vick from Alicante

Watched league cup highlights on Sky this morning and Joe Murphy popped up. Do you think that letting him go, in light of us returning to the Ricoh, is going to cost us as we could obviously afford his wages again. Always thought he was a safe pair of hands and was short sighted in letting him go. Haven't seen the current number ones play so what are people's thoughts?

mark82

Was he not offered a new contract? Will have to wait and see on current keepers. Biggest concern is our number 1 is only here for 6 months.

skybluesam66

judging from saturday - allsop is ok as a shot stopper and one on ones
Lacks confidence on crosses
and totally devoid of ability with his feet - this is what may cost us, as the MK forwards quickly picked up on this

Gint11

Personally, I would have kept him another year as he is good enough for this level but then again, it looked like he wanted to go so that was that.

SBS

judging from saturday - allsop is ok as a shot stopper and one on ones
Lacks confidence on crosses
and totally devoid of ability with his feet - this is what may cost us, as the MK forwards quickly picked up on this

Agreed, he did make a couple of vital saves. Don't think he really commanded his area against MK - couple of times he could've came out and claimed a loose ball. He's at this level for a reason though!

skyblu3sk

Just watched the Barnsley highlights... wow beat at his near post that was a shocker and 2nd goal wasn't great either

Gint11

I heard he as outstanding on Saturday and he is the reason we kept a clean sheet. Fuck sake what is it 'Pick on Allsopp day'. Are you lot every happy.

LJC_CCFC

Tbf to Allsop he didn't play any football last season and for keepers it's all about consistency and repetition. He is also young so it will probably take him a few (maybe several) games to get to his best. From what I've seen he's a good shot stopper (aren't all keepers though tbh) but he's a bit indecisive at times which isn't helped by Webster's slow as you like decision making. No point judging him now after three games, let's see where he is at after 15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moff

If he wanted to go to join a team in a higher league on better wages then we were never going to hold onto him.

We are where we are at present, a skint 3rd division (League One) club, with almost certainly the least successfull owners in the league structure, and definitely the most unpopular.

Murphy in my opinion was the best keeper in the league last season and would've been again this season. I think if he was offered a new contract with same terms he may have signed. Whether his head was turned though is a different thing.

spider_ricoh

He punched/parried, rather than caught, far too often for my linking. He had a habit of bawling out the defence after conceding a goal, too.

JulianDarbyFTW

If I was Murphy I'd have joined Huddersfield too. He's a good age for a keeper, playing in a higher league, with a higher pay-packet, and will possibly enhance his International prospects. The situation re: offering a contract at our end is almost irrelevant in my opinion. He may have said he was interested in staying when asked, but what else could he say? "No, I don't want to stay at the club." - then, if no-one else comes in, he's screwed himself over. Plus he would have the fans on his back.

Anyway, Allsop seems to have done OK. 2 clean sheets out of 4.

cornoccfc

Allsop worries me, but it's early days.

Loves to punch a cross, and cannot kick.

The GK position is all about confidence, so a decent run in the team is needed before judging him.

stupot07

If I was Murphy I'd have joined Huddersfield too. He's a good age for a keeper, playing in a higher league, with a higher pay-packet, and will possibly enhance his International prospects. The situation re: offering a contract at our end is almost irrelevant in my opinion. He may have said he was interested in staying when asked, but what else could he say? "No, I don't want to stay at the club." - then, if no-one else comes in, he's screwed himself over. Plus he would have the fans on his back.

Anyway, Allsop seems to have done OK. 2 clean sheets out of 4.

He's not playing in a higher league, he's sitting on the bench as number 2. He's made 2 appearances both in capita cup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Users who are viewing this thread