Transfer Rumour Godden (9 Viewers)

SwanLane

He’s got a lot of limiting factors now which makes it hard to see him in the championship next year:

- No pace
- Not the biggest/most powerful
- Not a great presser
- Limited link up ability

I feel disloyal saying all that because he’s done a great job for us, especially his first 3 years. It’s been quite hard to get him to work in partnership with another striker throughout his time with us. Yet he’s nowhere near the profile of a lone striker.

At 33, with a not great injury record, I don’t see many Championship teams going for him. The weaker ones will need more from a striker than he can offer at this point in his career.

False9

Let's not forget Simms and Wright hardly set the world alight before Christmas. Godden's movement put the other two to shame early on. Think Robins essentially said it was Godden and one of Wright and Simms at the start of the season. Time for him to move on though. Such a shame Godden hasn't got a turn of pace - he'd be a £10m in my opinion if so.
I don't agree with that comment about movement but each to their own.

Id argue the reason Simms started slowly was a lack of consistent game time and being the main man. Wright was good from the start and consistently impacted games but people chose not to see it at first.

Godden needs a lot more than turn of pace to be worth 10m, he missed so many chances last year it got ridiculous.

Anyway he will be moved on.

CovLad94

Goddens movement is top class amd often finds himself in good areas but watching him make runs and the defenders constantly beat him to it was painful, and the switch in formation and the way we play alot of the time he was a passenger as didn't have the turn of pace and power Simms has on the break, so was ineffective up top on his own.

PVA

He was never quick to begin with but looks like he's lost what little pace he had.

His movement in and around the box is still good, but any ball played into the channels or behind the defence he just has no chance with.

Users who are viewing this thread