Golden Share up for sale today (1 Viewer)

theferret

I don't think any bidding party would be as naive as to believe they will go for nothing.

Maybe, but I strongly suspect they will not be prepared to part with millions either.

I strongly suspect that SISU will end up buying Ltd back, and by regaining full control of the club it then gives them more options. They can either try to manage to club back to success (highly unlikely), or they put the club up for sale themselves, but with full control and on their own terms. Or they could liquidate the whole thing. Either way, they stand to recoup more of their money that way than they would through any sale of Ltd to a third party via the administrator.

Brighton Sky Blue

That makes sense to me, but seeing that sisu were prepared to lose £30-40m in the KPMG case - and if you accept what a lot of people say ie sisu want to distress acl - then maybe there is a different logic sisu are following?

Yes but as I said ultimately they are accountable to all of the investors who have put money in since 2007. Ultimately it is they who are driving the actions taken.

Brighton Sky Blue

Maybe, but I strongly suspect they will not be prepared to part with millions either.

I strongly suspect that SISU will end up buying Ltd back, and by regaining full control of the club it then gives them more options. They can either try to manage to club back to success (highly unlikely), or they put the club up for sale themselves, but with full control and on their own terms. Or they could liquidate the whole thing. Either way, they stand to recoup more of their money that way than they would through any sale of Ltd to a third party via the administrator.

If this is the case I don't understand why the hell it wasn't done sooner.

Godiva

I think they are staying - after administration ACL is on the menu.

theferret

If this is the case I don't understand why the hell it wasn't done sooner.

Indeed, if only they had. The situation has deteriorated very quickly though, and although I could be wrong, I am sure SISU will be looking for the least painful way out now and that is surely regaining full control and selling the club on their own terms.

Unless of course, they still have long term ambitions and delusions of success on the pitch and regaining everyone's trust - but I am sure they are not that naive.

Brighton Sky Blue

Indeed, if only they had. The situation has deteriorated very quickly though, and although I could be wrong, I am sure SISU will be looking for the least painful way out now and that is surely regaining full control and selling the club on their own terms.

Unless of course, they still have long term ambitions and delusions of success on the pitch and regaining everyone's trust - but I am sure they are not that naive.

They had the ability to do this in the first place. Absolutely baffling.

MichaelCCFC

They had the ability to do this in the first place. Absolutely baffling.

If sisu want to exit they just have to sell to preston h. I'd come back to the point that there is a rational explanation of sisu's action but only on the basis that they are not interested in on the pitch success or selling ccfc any time soon and their real aim is distressing acl. Hanging on to ccfc for as lon as possible is then not baffling at all

theferret

If sisu want to exit they just have to sell to preston h. I'd come back to the point that there is a rational explanation of sisu's action but only on the basis that they are not interested in on the pitch success or selling ccfc any time soon and their real aim is distressing acl. Hanging on to ccfc for as lon as possible is then not baffling at all

But they will never allow the sale of ltd to a third party via the administrator - they will want full control of the club and that involves buying back Ltd which I suspect is what will happen.

That then gives them time and options. Time to further distress ACL if they wish - but surely we all realise they will have to sell at some point because there is no coming back from here (in terms of regaining trust), but again, they will do this on their terms and it will not happen via the administrator - they will make sure of that.

MichaelCCFC

But they will never allow the sale of ltd to a third party via the administrator - they will want full control of the club and that involves buying back Ltd which I suspect is what will happen.

That then gives them time and options. Time to further distress ACL if they wish - but surely we all realise they will have to sell at some point because there is no coming back from here (in terms of regaining trust), but again, they will do this on their terms and it will not happen via the administrator - they will make sure of that.

I think your analysis is spot on. I've done scenario planning through work and what I'm trying to get at is that I desperately hope this mess gets sorted out asap, but is all sisu's talk of long term commitment and associated manouvering just a means of control and getting the best price they can, or is there potentially a very different scenario?

Godiva

I think your analysis is spot on. I've done scenario planning through work and what I'm trying to get at is that I desperately hope this mess gets sorted out asap, but is all sisu's talk of long term commitment and associated manouvering just a means of control and getting the best price they can, or is there potentially a very different scenario?

To get a 'best price' you need to add value to what you are hoping to sell.
So they will need the club to be profitable.
That requires a rent deal with ACL, increased income from matchday and lower player wages.
That would also require more assets. So they will do what they can to get ACL (all of it) as cheap as possible.

Could take a few years, but they have shown patience and determination for two years already. Two more wouldn't matter as the forward funding is quite low now.

mattylad

Yes it cannot be argued that this report is of little conclusive evidence and the immediate announcement of a sale with little to no guarantee of what the purchaser is buying has been geared to leaving SISU as the only people in a position to buy. That said it doesn't really come as any suprise and so the legal battle lines will begin.

Last edited:

Senior Vick from Alicante

Why are SISU making plans for next season???
Could the "GS in CCFC ltd" be a red herring created by SISU???
If PH4 buys the CCFC ltd and the half share in the Ricoh and the GS isn't in there, it would give SISU the credence to move the Club out of Coventry.
I beleive Appleton knows where the GS is. My "Gut Feeling" tells me we're stuck with SISU....Hope I'm wrong!:eek:

The club which ever part is deemed to be ccfc can only come out of administration as far as the football league are concerned with an agreement in place to play its matches in Coventry. their rules state their must be a minimum 10 year lease.

Users who are viewing this thread