Golden Share (1 Viewer)

gally9

Listening to Joe Elliot this morning and with reports of an interim findings report from the administrator, it's seems that nobody can find the bloody thing...

This is mental....

MENTAL!!!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
not sure thats quite true ........ it is more that the FL and administrator as yet are not issueing a definitive statement. It is almost like one is waiting on the other

gally9

Well the league surely have already made a judgement on this by deducting us 10pts, I have a horrible feeling the football league have messed up..

Brighton Sky Blue

not sure thats quite true ........ it is more that the FL and administrator as yet are not issueing a definitive statement. It is almost like one is waiting on the other

The League must have up to date records, it really can't be that hard on their end.

gally9

The League must have up to date records, it really can't be that hard on their end.

It's probably the least complicated issue out of all of it!! Should be sorted by now.. After lord knows how many meetings they're still talking in terms of if the golden share is here.. It's bollocks

Brighton Sky Blue

It's probably the least complicated issue out of all of it!! Should be sorted by now.. After lord knows how many meetings they're still talking in terms of if the golden share is here.. It's bollocks

Either they're beyond incompetent and haven't kept a record, or they've mucked up by registering contracts and all the rest of it in Holdings without realising the distinction, similar as to how payment to use the Higgs centre worked.

Otis

Well the league surely have already made a judgement on this by deducting us 10pts, I have a horrible feeling the football league have messed up..

The good thing in all this though is that we will start next season on +10 points even before a single game has been kicked off.

We could be promoted by the end of October.

Brighton Sky Blue

The good thing in all this though is that we will start next season on +10 points even before a single game has been kicked off.

We could be promoted by the end of October.

Do you think if we hacked the BBC website nobody would tell the difference?

RPHunt

Do the League have to say much more? As far as their regulations go, the club, or an important part of it, is in administration so they have taken back the right to be part of the Football League. Whatever entity comes out of this current mess will have to apply for that right.

chiefdave

Either they're beyond incompetent and haven't kept a record, or they've mucked up by registering contracts and all the rest of it in Holdings without realising the distinction, similar as to how payment to use the Higgs centre worked.

My feeling is thats exactly the problem. In any other scenario it just wouldn't take this long to sort out. If FL have made a mistake in either splitting the share and the player registrations and / or have taken 10 points off when they shouldn't have then it could lead to all sorts of problems. The only upside is that if it is a mistake by the FL rather than SISU they can't hammer us with more punishment.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
it isnt about their records it is about avoiding getting tied up in very expensive legal battles. For instance if the administrator makes a mistake he has Professional indemnity insurance to fight the costs, the FL may well not have. So if the administrator gets evidence that the share is in CCFC Ltd then he has to include that in his report and the FL simply has to confirm that situation. The level of evidence/proof that the administrator will require is greater than for the FL and there fore is stronger to hide behind

the 10 point deduction proves nothing other than part of the group went in to administration

mattylad

it isnt about their records it is about avoiding getting tied up in very expensive legal battles. For instance if the administrator makes a mistake he has Professional indemnity insurance to fight the costs, the FL may well not have. So if the administrator gets evidence that the share is in CCFC Ltd then he has to include that in his report and the FL simply has to confirm that situation. The level of evidence/proof that the administrator will require is greater than for the FL and there fore is stronger to hide behind

the 10 point deduction proves nothing other than part of the group went in to administration
For me thats double for the FL who will be very wary of getting this worng. To allow another pary to purchase the club and be issued the goldden share in error could see a very hefty law suit heading its way from SISU.

RPHunt

My point is that it doesn't matter now where the Golden Share was - it isn't there now and only the Football League can decide if it will be returned to that company or to any company in the group.

rupert_bear

Didn't catch the whole interview this morning on Shane O'Connor's program but i thought i heard his guest Guilfoyle say it is Paul Appleton who can or will confirm where this Golden Share lies, might be wrong anyone else catch this interview.

Brighton Sky Blue

My feeling is thats exactly the problem. In any other scenario it just wouldn't take this long to sort out. If FL have made a mistake in either splitting the share and the player registrations and / or have taken 10 points off when they shouldn't have then it could lead to all sorts of problems. The only upside is that if it is a mistake by the FL rather than SISU they can't hammer us with more punishment.

I find it outrageous that we get punished for someone else's incompetence-no scratch that, pettiness.

Skyblueweeman

I would be greatly surprised if the FL doesn't have Professional Indemnity Insurance.

WM

Skyblueweeman

I find it outrageous that we get punished for someone else's incompetence-no scratch that, pettiness.

You're right, however, based on points, the deduction wouldn't have made a difference. The only recompense we might be entitled to is greater prize money dependant on how much higher we would've finished up the league. The rest (such as transfer embargos and who we might have signed, would we have finished higher if the players weren't demotivated by the deduction etc) is all ifs, buts and maybes so we won't get anything back other than a few thousand quid.

Anyone suggesting we start next season on +10 points is living in cloud cuckoo land!

WM

inside track

As I suggested on another thread, all the evidence suggests that the League made an error when recording the location of the Golden Share after it was issued when CCFC was relegated from the Premier League. It seems it may have been listed against the name 'Coventry City Football Club', and at some point 'Ltd' was tagged on in error.

The mistake may have been perpetuated by the club's accounts departments and auditors, which is why it appears in the CCFC Ltd accounts, though that is less clear. It would be no surprise if this were the case, however, as incompetence runs across all sides in this depressing story,

Bluegloucester

As I suggested on another thread, all the evidence suggests that the League made an error when recording the location of the Golden Share after it was issued when CCFC was relegated from the Premier League. It seems it may have been listed against the name 'Coventry City Football Club', and at some point 'Ltd' was tagged on in error.

The mistake may have been perpetuated by the club's accounts departments and auditors, which is why it appears in the CCFC Ltd accounts, though that is less clear. It would be no surprise if this were the case, however, as incompetence runs across all sides in this depressing story,
You are completely wrong!

Users who are viewing this thread