Murphy. Dunn

Christie Clarke
Willis Edge plus 2 new CB's
Adams Stewart

Baker bailey Jennings Fleck
Baker Thomas Moussa

Clarke Cody Wilson new CF

All supported by the kids.

I think this lot are good enough to go up.

Grendel

Murphy. Dunn

Christie Clarke
Adams Stewart

Baker Thomas Moussa

Ha ha ha ha ha. Stop being a WUM Don.

Excuse me? Chris Dunn? Our Survey says ... (Family Fortunes Noise). He is woeful. Cody isnt scoring the goals, Stewart is just crap and Jennings has no attacking intent whatsoever. Even tho he is a holding midfielder he should still know how to attack. Look at Connor Thomas. He can defend and attack. For me, the players good enough to go up for me are:

Murphy, Cyrus, J. Clarke, Wood, Edje, Willis, Blair, Baker, Thomas, Fleck, Moussa, Barton, Wilson, Leon.

Murphy, Cyrus, Jordan and Woody have proven them selves in the Champ before. Thomas can really improve next season IF we give him time on the pitch. Wilson, Moussa, Fleck and Barton wernt ready before this season. With 1st team football next season, those youngsters can be Champo quality

Grendel

Excuse me? Chris Dunn? Our Survey says ... (Family Fortunes Noise). He is woeful. Cody isnt scoring the goals, Stewart is just crap and Jennings has no attacking intent whatsoever. Even tho he is a holding midfielder he should still know how to attack. Look at Connor Thomas. He can defend and attack. For me, the players good enough to go up for me are:

Murphy, Cyrus, J. Clarke, Wood, Edje, Willis, Blair, Baker, Thomas, Fleck, Moussa, Barton, Wilson, Leon.

Murphy, Cyrus, Jordan and Woody have proven them selves in the Champ before. Thomas can really improve next season IF we give him time on the pitch. Wilson, Moussa, Fleck and Barton wernt ready before this season. With 1st team football next season, those youngsters can be Champo quality

Most if the players are nowhere near good enough. Now Clarke and mcgoldrick are removed from the team we are showing the true potential - a middle to lower level club. Oh and we are in administration.

skybluegod

Still not good enough IMO still not enough goals in that's team. Apart from baker and Clarke, need a new cf who can score 15+ and a midfielder who can score 5-10 then the new cb's will need to contribute along with the midfielders which haven't added much in terms of goals this year.

stupot07

Murphy. Dunn

Christie Clarke
Adams Stewart

Baker Thomas Moussa

Have we got 2 players called baker? And bailey isn't ours, and I would be very surprised if Christies still here come August.

That squad is not good enough to go up.

FRY-CCFC

jennings should know how to attack!? :facepalm:

Tiote, barry, busquets, mikel, javi martinez, lucas, kehl, bender, motta, etc.

Samo

Squad:

Murphy
Burge

Christie (if we can keep him)
Clarke
Adams
Haynes (possibly)

Wood (on the right wage)
Edje
1 other
1 other
Willis

Moussa
Fleck
Barton
Baker
Thomas
Jennings (unsure)
Daniels
1 other

Clarke
Wilson
1 other
1 other
Philliskirk (possibly)

Ship out:
Dunn
Stewart
Cameron
Malaga
Martin-Loan Ends
Bailey-Loan Ends
McSheffrey
Bell (if possible)
Jeffers
Ball-Loan Ends
McDonald (reluctantly)

dongonzalos

Squad:

Murphy
Burge

Clarke
Adams
Haynes (possibly)

Wood (on the right wage)
Edje
1 other
1 other
Willis

Moussa
Fleck
Barton
Baker
Thomas
Jennings (unsure)
Daniels
1 other

Clarke
Wilson
1 other
1 other
Philliskirk (possibly)

Ship out:
Dunn
Stewart
Cameron
Malaga
Martin-Loan Ends
Bailey-Loan Ends
McSheffrey
Bell (if possible)
Jeffers
Ball-Loan Ends
McDonald (reluctantly)

More than good enough

Squad:

Murphy
Burge

Clarke
Adams
Haynes (possibly)

Wood (on the right wage) MUST KEEP
Edje
1 other
1 other
Willis

Moussa
Fleck
Barton
Baker
Thomas
Jennings FOR ME CANT DEFEND OR ATTACK
Daniels
1 other

Clarke BE LUCKY IF HES STILL HERE
Wilson
1 other
1 other
Philliskirk (possibly)

Ship out:
Dunn
Stewart
Cameron
Malaga
Martin-Loan Ends
Bailey-Loan Ends
McSheffrey
Bell (if possible)
Jeffers
Ball-Loan Ends
McDonald (reluctantly)

maybe try and sign someone like kevin lisbie, always scoring goals

stupot07

Squad:

Murphy
Burge

Clarke
Adams
Haynes (possibly)

Wood (on the right wage)
Edje
1 other
1 other
Willis

Moussa
Fleck
Barton
Baker
Thomas
Jennings (unsure)
Daniels
1 other

Clarke
Wilson
1 other
1 other
Philliskirk (possibly)

Ship out:
Dunn
Stewart
Cameron
Malaga
Martin-Loan Ends
Bailey-Loan Ends
McSheffrey
Bell (if possible)
Jeffers
Ball-Loan Ends
McDonald (reluctantly)
A lightweight midfield, devoid of pace, not 1 left sided midfielder and 1 striker of note.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Build around for next season
First team

Murphy
Christie/J Clarke
Adams
Baker
Moussa
L Clarke

Squad players
Thomas
Fleck
Barton
Jennings
Willis
Edjenguele
Wilson
Christie/ J Clarke
Elliott
Burge

Out
Mcdonald
Cameron
Stewart
Malaga
Bell
Sheff
Wood
Dunn
Jeffers
Philliskirk

2 centre halves, 2 centre midfielders, left midfield are needed with the required quality to go straight into the first team and consistently perform. Back up at left back, striker and wide players are needed also.

Should be achievable as I would imagine Wood, Sheff, Bell and Mcdonald are among the highest paid players in the squad.

Ashdown1

Murphy. Dunn

Christie Clarke
Adams Stewart

Baker Thomas Moussa

You are so wrong. there is just not enough goals in that team to actually win promotion.......................well unless your new CF is someone with a decent record at this level.

stupot07

Build around for next season
First team

Murphy
Christie/J Clarke
Adams
Baker
Moussa
L Clarke

If Moussa is gonna play the free role behind the striker, he needs to contribute 10-15 goals. Due to his inconsistency, I'd be tempted to try and signe someone for that role and have him as back up.

Grendel

SkyBlue_Bear83

If Moussa is gonna play the free role behind the striker, he needs to contribute 10-15 goals. Due to his inconsistency, I'd be tempted to try and signe someone for that role and have him as back up.
I was trying to prioritise our resources into our weakest areas. An attacking midfielder who will score 15 goals at this level is likely going to cost a lot in transfer fee and wages, probably more than we can afford. Or if we could afford it will take up a large part of the budget.

This season he didn't sign till late September, he was a free agent at the time and was unfit due to no pre season. Had his position changed on a regular basis, when he first came in he was used on the left and in the centre in a 442 before he went into an attacking midfield role and now has had his position changed again.

Playing that role all season with a full pre season behind him in a decent team I think he would get 10-13 goals.

Otis

Murphy. Dunn

Christie Clarke
Adams Stewart

Baker Thomas Moussa

Murphy - Good enough

Dunn -Not good enough

Christie - Good enough
Clarke - Good enough

Willis - Jury still out
Edge - Not good enough

Adams - Good enough
Stewart - Irrelevant unless we can sign him.

Baker - Good enough
Bailey - Won't be here.

Jennings - Almost certainly not good enough
Fleck - Ditto. Bags of skill but David Bell like in his one good game in every four.

Thomas - Jury still out. Not played regularly enough.
Moussa - Good enough but terribly lacking in consistency.

Clarke - Good enough
Cody - Not good enough.
Wilson - Not played enough yet to truly judge.

Barton - See Fleck.
Elliot - Will probably not still be here.
Wood - Ditto
Sheff - Ditto
Bell - Pointless saying anything about him or discussing his value cos he's always injured.

Grendel

A real measure is how many would you be really disappointed if they left. For me murphy Adams Christie Clarke and possibly baker. That says it all.

ccfcway

er, Am i missing something

are we saying that a squad, weaker than we currently have, will be good enough to go up next season

despite being not even good enough to get top 10 this season ?

ccfcway

A real measure is how many would you be really disappointed if they left. For me murphy Adams Christie Clarke and possibly baker. That says it all.

well, I wouldnt be dissappointed if SISU left !

The are the reason we only have about 2 or 3 players of genuine quality

stupot07

Murphy - Good enough

Dunn -Not good enough

Christie - Good enough
Clarke - Good enough

Willis - Jury still out
Edge - Not good enough

Adams - Good enough
Stewart - Irrelevant unless we can sign him.

Baker - Good enough
Bailey - Won't be here.

Jennings - Almost certainly not good enough
Fleck - Ditto. Bags of skill but David Bell like in his one good game in every four.

Thomas - Jury still out. Not played regularly enough.
Moussa - Good enough but terribly lacking in consistency.

Clarke - Good enough
Cody - Not good enough.
Wilson - Not played enough yet to truly judge.

Barton - See Fleck.
Elliot - Will probably not still be here.
Wood - Ditto
Sheff - Ditto
Bell - Pointless saying anything about him or discussing his value cos he's always injured.

Pretty much how I see it Otis, although as our only real saleable asset, I'm expecting Christie to also leave in the summer.

Grendel

er, Am i missing something

are we saying that a squad, weaker than we currently have, will be good enough to go up next season

despite being not even good enough to get top 10 this season ?

Don is being juvenile. He can't bear to admit the squad largely assembled by thorn is junk.

Where would we be without mcgoldrick and Clarke's goals? Another division that's for sure.

dongonzalos

Strange most of the players that will not be here next season bar Wood, people do not see as important to the squad.

Yet despite having to endure 5 managers this season and a start of 3 points from z possible 24.

This squad take away the ten point deduction were very close to the play offs

Yet to suggest that with the signings of two new centre backs and another striker they could do it.

Is deemed ridiculous?

Grendel

Strange most of the players that will not be here next season bar Wood, people do not see as important to the squad.

Yet despite having to endure 5 managers this season and a start of 3 points from z possible 24.

This squad take away the ten point deduction were very close to the play offs

Yet to suggest that with the signings of two new centre backs and another striker they could do it.

Is deemed ridiculous?

Where would we be without mcgoldricks goals?

georgehudson

the seemingly bizarre point is that we don't know who assembled the squad,
if they did well then SW would try to take credit, though we know not the truth,
maybe TF had some sort of bullsh*t input to it ?
previous managers have had their say in these matters, but, importantly, not the final decision,
i can quote from a previous manager with regard to this, & thus,
nothing has changed apart from the prevalence of confidentiality clauses,
& sadly it's down to who's controlling the finances,
regardless of their nous as far as f'ball is concerned,
e.g. Kevin Kyle

Samo

Can't argue with that. Agreed.

Grendel

He is my secret new signing, well I would ask Pressley to ask AT who else he would think has the same qualities that he saw in DMC

At least we now know you are on the wind up.

For the record Thorn tried to sign McGoldrick in the Championship where his record is mediocre...as much as his half a million pound striker that the fourth manager in succession sees fit to exclude from the team. I wonder why?

Mr T - Sukka!

Murphy. Dunn

Christie Clarke
Adams Stewart

Baker Thomas Moussa

Well you think this lot are good enough to get automatic promotion or play offs?

Either way you are deluded. Look at the Leauge table it CLEARLY tells you they are not "good enough".

Even with the 10 points added we would still not be in the playoffs. So how do you work out they are good enough?

You are just having a laugh really arent you?

Time to pull you head out of your behind! And wake you and see we are NOT good enough.

Murphy Christie J Clarke Wood Adams Baker Jennings Fleck Thomas Moussa L Clarke McDonald - all good enough (thats only 12 players)

Wilson Willis - could develop into being good enough Edge - just not sure Pressley has a lot to prove!

Barton not strong enough so unless he bulks up over the summer not for me and Macca has got worse over the season and not scored enough.

So on the basis that we are under embargo so cant sign anyone and if SISU are still around they do not have a track record of solving things like this till it is way too late we could start next season with a squad of 12 plus kids which will be nowhere near good enough as proven since he has given the kids a chance in the last few games.

Users who are viewing this thread