Good morning (3 Viewers)

hackneyfox

Glad to see you're not going down, I'd have lost all interest in you had there been 3 divisions between us.

covcity4life

nice trolling.

yet you still care more about covs league position than the council lovers on here.

so thank you.

pusbccfc

Glad to see you're not going down, I'd have lost all interest in you had there been 3 divisions between us.

How can you only average 2100 away when you've been promoted since Christmas? Shambolic. We'd take double that everywhere in your position.

Last edited:

Otis

Morning Hackers.

Enjoying the giddy heights? Do you honeslty think you can make a good fist of it next season in the Prem?

shy_tall_knight

I think quite a few Lestor fans will be fisted next year in the PL but their investors persistence paid, SISU lost faith after 1 season. Not sure if Pearson is a good manager as he has had a lot of time and resource but his hair needs some gel and he needs to liven up his interviews.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think quite a few Lestor fans will be fisted next year in the PL but their investors persistence paid, SISU lost faith after 1 season. Not sure if Pearson is a good manager as he has had a lot of time and resource but his hair needs some gel and he needs to liven up his interviews.

Yeah, good on Leicester's investors for ploughing in over £10m a year to cover a loss making club and not expecting anything back.

hackneyfox

How can you only average 2100 away when you've been promoted since Christmas? Shambolic. We'd take double that everywhere in your position.
Our home crowds have been a tad higher than yours though.
We seem to have been unlucky this season, games like Burnley away being televised and other potential big away crowd games being midweek.

hackneyfox

Morning Hackers.

Enjoying the giddy heights? Do you honeslty think you can make a good fist of it next season in the Prem?
A few months back I thought we'd need to replace the entire forst team but we seem to have improved massively lately so hopefully just spend the 60m we earn in season 1.
Pearson deserves a go at the PL after this season but will name players sign for him?

hackneyfox

Saturday's eleven cost about 10m in total.

hackneyfox

Yeah, good on Leicester's investors for ploughing in over £10m a year to cover a loss making club and not expecting anything back.
103m of debts turned into equity but that didn't include the cost of buying the ground.
The spending prior to NFP coming back was frightening.

Last edited:

duffer

Ah, in fairness I didn't care too much about Leicester all those years when they were a division or two below us, so it's nice to know that we're still a bigger draw. ;)

All banter aside, as far as I'm concerned it's good to have another midlands club in the top flight.

Saying that, if I was Pearson I'd be worried - it's seems that bringing a team into the PL matters little to owners (and probably fans) once they start to struggle there. I wouldn't be surprised to see him given the boot by Christmas, such is the crazy nature of football.

Otis

A few months back I thought we'd need to replace the entire forst team but we seem to have improved massively lately so hopefully just spend the 60m we earn in season 1.
Pearson deserves a go at the PL after this season but will name players sign for him?

Heven't checked. Has Pearson had any Premiership experience as a manager? If so, how has he faired?

Moff

Hi Hackers,

re Pearson he certainly deserves a go. He is low on charisma but good on tactics, which is probably what you need to survive in the PL.

Do you want a team of named players who often dont give a damn like some of the players signed for big fees by Cardiff and Fulham, but may be a success, or lesser known players hungry for success, prepared to give their all but a bit less in class and name that might just keep you up like Palace may do........

shy_tall_knight

Of the 14 players that turned up at Crewe (some didn't play) I think the only one that cost a fee was Carl Baker from Stockport. £10m is not a lot compared to the PL but to us is huge.

hackneyfox

Why do you think they're happy to write off such insane sums?

Unlike most clubs it seems our owners aren't looking to make money directly from the club (they can never claim the 103m back), they are using us as a an advertising tool for the King Power brand so they earn by not paying for sponsership of the ground or shirts. The owners persoanl fortune went from 150m to over a billion in 12 months so I'm hoping they'll be happy to spend a bit to keep us up there.

shy_tall_knight

So you have owners that invest in the club and the team but our owners are far better in court than your lot could ever dream about.

Brighton Sky Blue

Unlike most clubs it seems our owners aren't looking to make money directly from the club (they can never claim the 103m back), they are using us as a an advertising tool for the King Power brand so they earn by not paying for sponsership of the ground or shirts. The owners persoanl fortune went from 150m to over a billion in 12 months so I'm hoping they'll be happy to spend a bit to keep us up there.

Being used as an advertising tool to get money, what a life. Still, the League is quite happy to let it slide so no problems all round...

hackneyfox

Being used as an advertising tool to get money, what a life. Still, the League is quite happy to let it slide so no problems all round...
The league seem to be happy to let anything slide, I'm expecting the Leeds takeover to be given the go ahead despite deciding he wasn't fit and proper only last week.

hackneyfox

Hi Hackers,

re Pearson he certainly deserves a go. He is low on charisma but good on tactics, which is probably what you need to survive in the PL.

Do you want a team of named players who often dont give a damn like some of the players signed for big fees by Cardiff and Fulham, but may be a success, or lesser known players hungry for success, prepared to give their all but a bit less in class and name that might just keep you up like Palace may do........

I think Hull went about it the right way but I'm expecting our owners to want at least one marguee signing, they wanted Beckham a couple of seasons ago.

skybluebeduff

I think Hull went about it the right way but I'm expecting our owners to want at least one marguee signing, they wanted Beckham a couple of seasons ago.

David Villa or Ronaldinho, I expect one to spend their last season in Prem.

Although I despise your kind, good luck next season.

;)

RegTheDonk

Allright Hackers,

Well played to Pearson and his crew, seem to be doing it in style as well. The thai's are finally getting some reward for sticking with it. If only our lot realised you need to put money in, not take it out lol. And looks as if it's also gelled everyone at Bentley's into getting along - a double whammy!

Good luck to you, a bit of glory after a lot of pain. Enjoy it.

(Hopefully see you 2015/6 season ;))

Last edited:

Covstu

They finally got it right, i think Leicester was becoming famous for screwing it up at the final hurdle! Pains me to say it but Well deserved champions this season but the quality of the team will mean a major struggle next year with the big boys. Need to keep the friendly ghost because they will need a decent keeper next year!!

Lorksalordy

nice trolling.

yet you still care more about covs league position than the council lovers on here.

so thank you.

If these weren't words spoken in the interests of balance by a person in possession of a bigger picture pass it could be considered divisive (the worst of all crimes)

Users who are viewing this thread