Gordon Strachan Jag club (1 Viewer)

Adge

Last night. Good trip down memory lane reminiscing about his time here.
Surprising given the amount of talent that we had during the “entertainers” period that he thought the best player was Oggy-maybe more about his overall contribution over the years I guess.
Was also happy that Eric Cantona didn’t get near his wife-as he had plenty of other players wives in tow!
The shepherds pie was decent aswell!
Anyone else manage to get along?

rondog1973

Last night. Good trip down memory lane reminiscing about his time here.
Surprising given the amount of talent that we had during the “entertainers” period that he thought the best player was Oggy-maybe more about his overall contribution over the years I guess.
Was also happy that Eric Cantona didn’t get near his wife-as he had plenty of other players wives in tow!
The shepherds pie was decent aswell!
Anyone else manage to get along?
Yeah was there too mate. His take on the Jarni transfer was different to Richardson's line too if I recall.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Was supposed to but had to give it a miss

steve cooper

That he was prepared to stay and that his missus put the kibosh on the move upon attending the Benfica friendly.
As we know, the Wikipedia page has a different version of events. (Yes I know about the accuracy or otherwise about Wiki)
In the summer of 1998, Jarni initially moved to English side Coventry City, signing for £2.6 million from Real Betis. However, when Real Madrid decided they wanted the player, they successfully bought him from Coventry for £3.4 million with Jarni having made no appearances whatsoever. Some believe this was a joint Coventry City and Real Madrid tactic, as Betis refused to sell him to the Madrid club

I seem to remember hearing that Strachan was in Spain when he met with Jarni by chance, and apparently persuaded him to sign for us during an informal conversation.
2.6M on a 30 year old full back just like that. Probably in real terms at least double that in today's money.

Adge

Yeah was there too mate. His take on the Jarni transfer was different to Richardson's line too if I recall.
Best entertainment of the evening was “a person” telling everyone that he was at the Man City v PSG match 😂

Users who are viewing this thread