Great Moments At CCFC Games (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

To counter the "shocking" thread.

I'll start with the Quinn hat-trick at Highbury first game of the season. Wonderful!

SBS

Huckerbys goal against United. McAllisters volley against Derby. The whole of the Robbie Keane season.

LastGarrison

Adebola's goal against Blackburn in the cup, the WHOLE of the last day at Highfield Road, beating Blackburn 5-1 with the orange ball, Tony Dobson's goal from the half way line in our friendly against Banik Ostrava, the first time the Big Mo song got sang.

Sutty

The 4-3 against Man City in the first season after relegation is my first genuinely happy memory at a Cov game (was 10 years old and on my first season ticket).

torchomatic

Lloyd waving at the crowd as he got stretchered off with a broken leg. Hero.

Joy Division

Apart from the away games.

Having said that, Robbie Keane's debut vs Derby. Stunning performance.

Moldovan vs Villa in the FA cup

Juan Sara at Forest, last minute equalizer after 90 minutes of being completely battered.

torchomatic

David Thompson. The last player I would dare call a hero.

LastGarrison

Some fat bird who was in Wife Swap getting her tits out at Rochdale away as she was working behind the food counters.

Well, it was better than the match.

lordsummerisle

Really enjoyed the injury time winner by Kyle away at QPR as well, cracking header from a great cross by Hall.

Night games always a bit special for atmosphere, the 4-3 against Man City mentioned above was another cracking night game.

torchomatic

Ah yes. When I was trying to "woo" my wife I took her to that game plus Bradford and Rotherham away. How could I fail?

Night games always a bit special for atmosphere, the 4-3 against Man City mentioned above was another cracking night game.

torchomatic

So just Anfield, WHL and VP to go then? Thanks for the tip. ;)

ajsccfc

A bit more recently, injury time in the Preston JPT game and on a similar note, the last-minute equaliser against Newcastle in the league cup (Dann I think?)

SkyBlueHomer

Couple of games v Arsenal, the 3-2 win at Highfield Rd boxing day, '99 I think.

The 2-1 win for us at Highbury, Lee dixon og when he chipped David Seaman

torchomatic

That Lee Dixon goal was a stunner! What was he thinking?

Voice_of_Reason

v Wolves to gain promotion to Div 1 (Premiership)

Best match for me at Highfield Road with over 54,000 there versus Wolves. 0-1 at half-time but we came back to win 3-1. Amazing - promoted to Div 1 now Premiership.

skybluelee

Despite having followed the club for 30 years I would say Preston in the JPT is hard to beat despite it being a Micky Mouse competition.

Best. Feeling. Ever.

Spurs in 97 at WHL. Grown men everywhere in tears. The euphoria at the final whistle was out of this world.

Nonleagueherewecome

Trevor Peake celebrating a goal that he was claiming, only for it later to be credited to Newcastle's Brazilian striker as an own goal (Mirandinha I think he was called? First player I can remember wearing gloves).

One from the other thread, Gazza trying to hit Lloyd McGrath and breaking his own arm in the process. Hilarious.

Dennis Wise mugging a Wolves player in the centre circle and hitting a 40 yard pass to Thornton on the wing without even looking that landed at his feet-rarely has a City player looked so far ahead of anyone else on the park.

Shouting "shoot!!!!" at David Bell against Doncaster...

RoboCCFC90

Hucks' goal at Highfield Road against Man Utd just after Christmas 97', what a late Christmas present!

Covstu

away at Watford, baking hot day and the game was cancelled due to Jimmy Davis getting killed in a car accident the night before. We were already sitting in a pub in Watford and enjoying good banter with the watford fans when we all heard. Sad news but a good session, we then stopped the minibus at vertually every pub we could find on the way back up!! Great day, shame there was no football!!

huckerbys goal
both wins at villa
white hart lane 97
old trafford league cup win

and who can forget big mo and his streaker..... hubba hubba, lol

Users who are viewing this thread