Groundsharing-a historical precedent (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Brighton as a town is fairly buoyant at present. Bit like Cov in the '60's.

Can't disagree there. Post above is also fair and I should add I wanted others' opinions rather than claiming it would work for us. What I will say is a big difference is that Brighton as a club are omnipresent throughout the city-CCFC really aren't.

fernandopartridge

I went away with City to the withdean....probably about 8 or 9 years ago now.....0-0 bore draw under Peter Reid....but a cracking day/night out & the sun was blistering hot.....they had a steward who was the spitting image of "Barry Chuckle" & as our beach ball got bounced around the away stand, the inevitable chants of "to me, to you" were funny as fuck....

...probably had to be there, and drunk....

good times.

I was there. Lovely day but the beach ball zany crap isn't for me.

theferret

Can't disagree there. Post above is also fair and I should add I wanted others' opinions rather than claiming it would work for us. What I will say is a big difference is that Brighton as a club are omnipresent throughout the city-CCFC really aren't.

It is the great tragedy of the past 15 years just how disengaged the club has become from the local community. The apathy has never been so great, and yet we have some fantastic supporters. Some of our away followings this season have been awesome (and not just in numbers) and these people deserve so much better. I still try to convince myself that one day we will rise again, and when we do, the whole place will take off. I mean, we get a sniff of success, even in a shitty tin-pot trophy like the JPT and look what happens. We are so desperate for a bit of success to cling on to. One day Rodney....

Brighton Sky Blue

It is the great tragedy of the past 15 years just how disengaged the club has become from the local community. The apathy has never been so great, and yet we have some fantastic supporters. Some of our away followings this season have been awesome (and not just in numbers) and these people deserve so much better. I still try to convince myself that one day we will rise again, and when we do, the whole place will take off. I mean, we get a sniff of success, even in a shitty tin-pot trophy like the JPT and look what happens. We are so desperate for a bit of success to cling on to. One day Rodney....

Very true-indeed these days people in Coventry just find it odd for you not to support Man Utd. The core is still there but we need more than that and to do so we need success (not even much).

coundonskyblue

My hope is that at the minute we are still a club with a huge (by league 1 standards anyway) fanbase. However I also think that we must have the most apathetic fanbase in the league. Not that I blame anyone who doesn't go anymore. I think those of us that do still go and mostly going out of habbit and loyalty.

However just that hint of success will bring them back.

History can teach us that when we do something, we are a well supported club.

1961-62 season City finished 14th in Division 3, watched by an average of just 10,256 fans. A bit less than this season.

1963-64 season, City won division 3, watched by an average of 26,017 fans. In just 2 years the crowds went up by nearly 16k. If a table topping team could be put out there, then there is no reason that can't happen again.

theferret

My hope is that at the minute we are still a club with a huge (by league 1 standards anyway) fanbase. However I also think that we must have the most apathetic fanbase in the league. Not that I blame anyone who doesn't go anymore. I think those of us that do still go and mostly going out of habbit and loyalty.

However just that hint of success will bring them back.

History can teach us that when we do something, we are a well supported club.

1961-62 season City finished 14th in Division 3, watched by an average of just 10,256 fans. A bit less than this season.

1963-64 season, City won division 3, watched by an average of 26,017 fans. In just 2 years the crowds went up by nearly 16k. If a table topping team could be put out there, then there is no reason that can't happen again.

...and by 1968/69 the average was up to nearly 35,000.

Users who are viewing this thread