Gyok Or Arena (1 Viewer)

The Philosopher

It’s going to be silly season on here for a few weeks with no Cov games.

There is talk of £30m for Viktor which seems quite bonkers but stranger things have happened. 27 scouts the other day someone said, obviously not all Prem, the £25m plus the Germans spent on Bellingham worth noting.

I’m not saying he’s worth £30m btw.

I’m not saying that the stadium is £30m or that Ashley won’t buy or that SISU would.

But here’s the question which 2 months ago seemed far more ludicrous:

Would you rather sell Gyok and own the Arena, or keep Gyok and hope for promotion?

Otis

There is talk of £30m for Viktor which seems quite bonkers but stranger things have happened. 27 scouts the other day someone said, obviously not all Prem, the £25m plus the Germans spent on Bellingham worth noting.

I’m not saying that the stadium is £30m or that Ashley won’t buy or that SISU would.

Would you rather sell Gyok and own the Arena, or keep Gyok and hope for promotion?
Sell and own the Arena. Be so nice to have that certainty and stability at last.

slowpoke

When you say own the arena who is the owner ?

chiefdave

Don’t get the fascination with owning the arena. Hardly turned Wasps into a financial super power and Vik is more likely to get us to the Prem and earn more in a season than the arena would in a lifetime.
We seem to have the idea that owning the arena either means more money coming in or at the very least playing at no cost, neither of which are necessarily true.

ACL has always struggled to turn a profit and there's millions in repairs needed. Even if we weren't paying rent there's still the cost of staging games. Of course paying £1.2m with no F&B, parking etc was ridiculous but there is absolutely a long term deal that can be done that would give the club the security it needs and from a financial standpoint not be much of an advantage or disadvantage over ownership.

The Philosopher

When you say own the arena who is the owner ?
Good question and see why you’ve asked.

Let’s say “if the same entity was to own the club and stadium and it was legally linked so no funny business with rent and the golden share was in the same entity as lease”

slowpoke

It’s one step at a time the next is the court case Wednesday, all this boring talk and speculation on here, Reeves, CCC etc, etc, is just that boring. We know the preferred bidder so let’s see what transpires Wednesday.

letsallsingtogether

Good question and see why you’ve asked.

Let’s say “if the same entity was to own the club and stadium and it was legally linked so no funny business with rent and the golden share was in the same entity as lease”
That would be the ideal scenario but it will never happen.

They will sell Vik and give Robin's £100,000 to find a better replacement, that is after Callum have also gone.
I really hope not but I am worried this will happen.

wingy

It’s one step at a time the next is the court case Wednesday, all this boring talk and speculation on here, Reeves, CCC etc, etc, is just that boring. We know the preferred bidder so let’s see what transpires Wednesday.
It's big news Thursday mate.

Gint11

What is the court case on Wednesday to decide then?

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Don’t get the fascination with owning the arena. Hardly turned Wasps into a financial super power and Vik is more likely to get us to the Prem and earn more in a season than the arena would in a lifetime.

So keep Vik.

He’s the best player we’ve had in probably 20 years, I can’t speak highly enough of him. But offer me the security of playing in Coventry and knowing that for the next, hopefully, 50 years I can be safe in the knowledge we’re not moving again, and my kids won’t have to watch us away from Coventry. It’s a no brainier for me. Players come and go, the fans remain. And the fans and club will only continue to grow while it remains in the city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatso

Keep the squad together at least to the end of this season as we have a realistic chance of making the playoffs.

Grendel

The two “choices” aren’t remotely linked

if the current owners are going to insist on hanging round then they need to fix an arrangement with the purchaser for a 50
Year sub lease

shmmeee

He’s the best player we’ve had in probably 20 years, I can’t speak highly enough of him. But offer me the security of playing in Coventry and knowing that for the next, hopefully, 50 years I can be safe in the knowledge we’re not moving again, and my kids won’t have to watch us away from Coventry. It’s a no brainier for me. Players come and go, the fans remain. And the fans and club will only continue to grow while it remains in the city.

How did that work out for Wasps?

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

How did that work out for Wasps?

Not remotely a comparison. They moved 100 miles to be here. It was never going to work. If we suffered the same financial situation, there would be someone to pick up both the club and the stadium as they are connected. The potential at a football team (one currently in the championship) is incomparable with a nomad rugby club.

shmmeee

Not remotely a comparison. They moved 100 miles to be here. It was never going to work. If we suffered the same financial situation, there would be someone to pick up both the club and the stadium as they are connected. The potential at a football team (one currently in the championship) is incomparable with a nomad rugby club.

Ive just never seen the issue. We had long term tenure and our circumstances changed and it was a weight around our neck. ACL doesn’t make enough to make a significant difference to our budget. Right now I’d imagine they make a significant loss having us there on the rumoured £300k/year.

Our problem is our owners, not the tenure we hold at the ground. And CCFC wouldn’t own it anyway, that’s been made clear from the start. It’s always been a sentimental fan idea not a business idea. Sisus line has always been it’s not worth it until and unless we get to the Prem.

Sky Blue Harry H

I'd definitely keep Vik until the Summer - his value may not necessarily decline if he maintains his form, and we might achieve the unbelievable this season if he stays. One of the autos is still up for grabs imo. Play offs are anybody's (M'Boro, us, Watford etc!)

CBS16

They didn't sell anyone in the summer because they believed we could push high again. The teams proven that to be absolutely correct so I don't think they'll be selling key players. So exciting if we can hold everyone and add one or two reinforcements. Let's do this !

slowpoke

They didn't sell anyone in the summer because they believed we could push high again. The teams proven that to be absolutely correct so I don't think they'll be selling key players. So exciting if we can hold everyone and add one or two reinforcements. Let's do this !
I think we didn’t sell because those they wanted to cash in for big money wouldn’t go.

Grendel

o hare was going to be sold

mds

Why not both?

The way the team is playing, the manager and squad we have, the situation with the ground being available for the right offer, there has never been a better time for Sisu to bring it all together and move on up or out.

Such a shame, if it has to be one or the other then the ground all day every day.........the reality is it will probably be neither at the end of January!

Paxman II

The two “choices” aren’t remotely linked

if the current owners are going to insist on hanging round then they need to fix an arrangement with the purchaser for a 50
Year sub lease

That's one of your most ridiculous comments I've heard in a while.

Sky Blue Harry H

I think we will struggle to keep hold of gyokeres the Sunderland forum think they should sign him for £10 million ..and develop him and sell him on

To be fair, the large majority recognise that they would have no hope of getting him. They also acknowledge what a good player he is - several saying he's the best forward in the league

Users who are viewing this thread