Gyokeres 25 mill + surely!! (1 Viewer)

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
If the rumours a few weeks back are true on contract extension then they would have included a buyout clause, doubt it will have been more than £25m do you? No new agent would want to price out a move but find a good value for player but facilitate the move

Kilclines curly mullet

One year left on his contract means he is worth nowhere near £30 million.

The fact that he misses so many decent chances will also knock his value down slightly As in the Premier League you get less chances and have to put them away.

£20 million absolute tops.

Sky Blue Pete

The fact that he misses so many decent chances will also knock his value down slightly As in the Premier League you get less chances and have to put them away.

There’s a common theme with all top scorers! They score and miss loads

Frostie

I think looking at João Pedro for a comparison is a bit pointless. Completely different types of players & completely different circumstances in terms of age, contract situation etc.

Sbarcher

As I have mentioned before Vic is not a conventional no. 9 So he wouldn’t suit many sides. He can play anywhere across 7 to 11. Funnily enough I think the side most suitable for him would be Brighton!

hamil99

Facebook User
If the rumours a few weeks back are true on contract extension then they would have included a buyout clause, doubt it will have been more than £25m do you? No new agent would want to price out a move but find a good value for player but facilitate the move

I'd say 30 for a buyout clause would be about right. Very much doubt it would be any higher.

30m for Pedro is a joke though, Watford must be laughing all the way to the bank. I honestly don't think he's half the player Gyro is, I know he's a different type of striker, but a striker none the less. And his goals and assists are no where near Gyros!!

hamil99

Facebook User
As I have mentioned before Vic is not a conventional no. 9 So he wouldn’t suit many sides. He can play anywhere across 7 to 11. Funnily enough I think the side most suitable for him would be Brighton!

I think Crystal Palace with Eze and Olise supporting him he'd be devastating.

I have to disagree with him not suiting many sides. Him being a complete forward, I think he would slot into most teams, might take him 6 months to get up to speed, but then he'd be banging the goals in.

Theonlywayisskyblue

Different types of players but the price is surely based on expected value to the buyer. We’re quite good at marking down Vik’s price based on missed chances, length of contract remaining etc.. If João Pedro brings £30m of value to Brighton what would Vik bring ? On that basis we would be getting a squad-changing price. I want him to stay but the numbers are starting to look very persuasive. On the other hand if we go up is his value to us then higher that the money we would receive ?

stupot07

I've always said the benchmark for Gyokeres fee should be north of what Ollie Watkins went for. He had 2 ok seasons and 1 good one. Gyokeres has beasted the championship 2 seasons in a row and has far more to his game.

Watkins went for £33m inc. add ons. Anything less than that would be underselling him.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

NorthernWisdom

Different types of players but the price is surely based on expected value to the buyer. We’re quite good at marking down Vik’s price based on missed chances, length of contract remaining etc.. If João Pedro brings £30m of value to Brighton what would Vik bring ? On that basis we would be getting a squad-changing price. I want him to stay but the numbers are starting to look very persuasive. On the other hand if we go up is his value to us then higher that the money we would receive ?
I think he's gone past the point where we keep him even if we do go up, just we've got a bit stronger hand to reject offers if we do go up.

Hobo

It will need to be because I suspect a good chunk will be going south to Brighton?

Hobo

I think he's gone past the point where we keep him even if we do go up, just we've got a bit stronger hand to reject offers if we do go up.
Even if we go up and he stays he is in last year of his contract. So I think we need to cash in. Unless we get promoted and he immediately signs a 2 or 3 year deal?

Brighton Sky Blue

I'd say 30 for a buyout clause would be about right. Very much doubt it would be any higher.

30m for Pedro is a joke though, Watford must be laughing all the way to the bank. I honestly don't think he's half the player Gyro is, I know he's a different type of striker, but a striker none the less. And his goals and assists are no where near Gyros!!

Gyros are fucking tasty but probably not worth £30 million each and also probably won’t score 20 goals a season.

Gint11

Min £20M but likely to be around £18M I reckon

Happy_Martian

If Pedro can fetch £30m, there is no reason Vik can't be valued higher. Both are regarded as strikers but Vik's general output (not just goals) is higher. And remember, Vik is also a proven International goal scorer now. Pedro hasn't made any international appearances for any country.

I put my thoughts and reasons yesterday here and here over in the Championship thread.

Boosh

Pedro isn’t really a striker and is only 21. His value cannot be compared to Vik

Kilclines curly mullet

If Pedro can fetch £30m, there is no reason Vik can't be valued higher. Both are regarded as strikers but Vik's general output (not just goals) is higher. And remember, Vik is also a proven International goal scorer now. Pedro hasn't made any international appearances for any country.

I put my thoughts and reasons yesterday here and here over in the Championship thread
Totally respect your thoughts and opinions.

There are so many factors to take into consideration

To be £25/£30 million
*Finish more one on ones
*Improve in the air and be a more direct threat from corners
*An understanding that it’s ok to score a scrappy goal
*Better finishing under pressure
*Continue to bully defenders
*Improve decision making in terms of awareness (to be fair this has become better)

All of which could and probably will improve over time

Remember also that Gykores has the whole team paying / suited to his style. To get that elsewhere would be tricky, especially in the Prem

Reasons why I think £20 million tops
*12 months left on his contract
*Doesn’t score enough (yes I know that sounds stupid) compared to chances created
*Unproven in the Prem

Yes, of course we can compare to others such as Watkins etc but money was silly a few years ago

Happy_Martian

Totally respect your thoughts and opinions.

There are so many factors to take into consideration

To be £25/£30 million
*Finish more one on ones
*Improve in the air and be a more direct threat from corners
*An understanding that it’s ok to score a scrappy goal
*Better finishing under pressure
*Continue to bully defenders
*Improve decision making in terms of awareness (to be fair this has become better)

All of which could and probably will improve over time

Remember also that Gykores has the whole team paying / suited to his style. To get that elsewhere would be tricky, especially in the Prem

Reasons why I think £20 million tops
*12 months left on his contract
*Doesn’t score enough (yes I know that sounds stupid) compared to chances created
*Unproven in the Prem

Yes, of course we can compare to others such as Watkins etc but money was silly a few years ago

All your points are sentient but the context was comparing him to Joao Pedro who plays in the same role (striker/winger) and has just been valued at this price. While Vik can certainly improve in the areas you've listed (I'd even add more awareness of teammates in dangerous positions), his stats this season are on an equal or significantly higher than Pedro. And as I had mentioned, he now has full caps at International level so this may/may not counter the lack of Prem experience, something Joao Pedro also is limited on. He's played 1665 minutes ( sounds a lot but only equates to 18.5ish full games) in the Prem for Watford over a period of 39 games in two seasons.

I know, it's a debate that will run and run, football is all about opinions :unsure:. Personally, if we ultimately have to sell Vik for whatever reason, I think we have to put his value in excess of Pedro's.

lordy_87

I hope we get 20 plus and ideally he’d go abroad. Rangers would be ideal tbh if they could afford it.
Why would he go there 😂 😂 there's several prem teams after him who could pay him more and allow him to play at a better level, not to mention teams from other, better European leagues who would take him.

Users who are viewing this thread