Gyokeres interview (1 Viewer)

PVA

So Gyokeres did an interview with Swedish media.

There was talk on here in the summer, I think by one of the ITKs, that Vik didn't want to leave even to the Premier League but this sounds very much like he wants to leave (don't blame him obviously!)

“Of course, it’s fun,” Gyokeres responds. “But (a summer move) didn’t happen and I’m still with Coventry,”

Yes, absolutely (I’m ready for the Premier League). I have been in England for a long time and it would be fun. But I am also open to other leagues. I’ve been at Brighton before.

“There were a few different factors (why I didn’t move this summer).”

Bugsy

He’s a fine player and I’m sure a PL move is on the horizon. It’s good to see a player with ambition and hopefully he can take us up there with him

you are quite naive ain't ya....PUSB

coop

He is never a premier league striker and I was very surprised after his loan spell that we signed him as I thought and still think he isn't good enough. But time will tell.

CV22SBA

I thought he was shit when we had him on loan and really surprised we signed him. However, last season he was on fire BUT this season not so sure. Wasn't involved at all for 80 mins at Sunderland and then scored that wonder goal. Not been impressed with him in any game so far this season. Misses way more chances than he scores. Good goal at Luton though after he missed the absolute sitter in the first minute.

There is a reason why Brighton let him go...... He's not good enough for the Premier League. Has he even played more than 5 mins for Sweden. Appears to come on as an injury-time sub.

SlowerThanPlatt

I thought he was shit when we had him on loan and really surprised we signed him. However, last season he was on fire BUT this season not so sure. Wasn't involved at all for 80 mins at Sunderland and then scored that wonder goal. Not been impressed with him in any game so far this season. Misses way more chances than he scores. Good goal at Luton though after he missed the absolute sitter in the first minute.

There is a reason why Brighton let him go...... He's not good enough for the Premier League. Has he even played more than 5 mins for Sweden. Appears to come on as an injury-time sub.

Isak is injured so he should start a game this week by default

Hertsccfc

He's a very good Championship striker, and you have to take into account that this season he is playing in a poorly performing team, which is expecting too much of him to cover up for others' deficiencies. Not Premier League quality though, at least not yet.

pusbccfc

So Gyokeres did an interview with Swedish media.

There was talk on here in the summer, I think by one of the ITKs, that Vik didn't want to leave even to the Premier League but this sounds very much like he wants to leave (don't blame him obviously!)

“Of course, it’s fun,” Gyokeres responds. “But (a summer move) didn’t happen and I’m still with Coventry,”

Yes, absolutely (I’m ready for the Premier League). I have been in England for a long time and it would be fun. But I am also open to other leagues. I’ve been at Brighton before.

“There were a few different factors (why I didn’t move this summer).”

Ready for the Premier League but miss 2 in 3 one on ones?

SBT

Well according to SBB this is completely untrue:
I also think he doesn’t want to go , he probably thinks he needs another season here being the main striker etc Not sure he would want to go somewhere and risk sitting on the bench again, he has did this at Brighton who were premier league and then got loaned out, don’t think he wants to do that again .

Grendel

Oh dear

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I genuinely cannot believe there are people 'not rating' or even any question marks at all over Gyokeres. Utter madness. That's not to say I necessarily think he's definitely PL quality, but he is a mile ahead of our other forwards in overall ability.

mmttww

Was he? Missed an absolute sitter in the first minute and was non-existance second half.

Yes. He was. Best player on the pitch by a mile in the first half. When we fell away second half, he did too. He missed a chance, scored the next one. His all round play first half was insane. Was winning battles he had no right to and dragged us up the pitch by himself.

Balli001

Yes. He was. Best player on the pitch by a mile in the first half. When we fell away second half, he did too. He missed a chance, scored the next one. His all round play first half was insane. Was winning battles he had no right to and dragged us up the pitch by himself.
Morris was far better for a start. He hasn't been good all season and misses way too many one on one's. He doesn't like passing to team mates either.

mmttww

Morris was far better for a start. He hasn't been good all season and misses way too many one on one's. He doesn't like passing to team mates either.

Morris scored two scrappy goals and battled for headers from hoof balls. If you're going to compare those two players and claim Morris is better, you're either after attention or clueless.

P.S. the passing thing is bollocks as well. He's often miles ahead of anyone else with no one to pass to, but even then, I'd bet if you dig up the stats, he puts in as many crosses as either WB most games.

Users who are viewing this thread