Hackable Season Tickets (1 Viewer)

Cov.me

So its turns out that using a wireless device that people can a) get tickets from your season ticket & palm them onto their own device to etner and b) get money from them for the cashless payment system.

Uh-oh City, surely you would have seen this one whilst investigating the system?! :rolleyes:

simmouk

Administrator
Yeah I read that on your feed earlier! I think the chances of someone actually bothering to do that up at the Ricoh is pretty slim I think. The big spenders, the ones who put £50 a time on their cards, are in the Corporate area...and I wouldn't have thought anyone who was intending to get into there to clone the cards could...?! Although it does depend, I suppose, on how these wireless RF devices work, i.e. could they follow you on the walk from the car park to the gates and get the info then?!

With all the problems that the cards have had since they were introduced, I don't think many other English clubs will be looking at City and thinking "wow, they look great!"

And as I've heard many, many punters muse on matchdays..."Coventry have been cash less for years and years!"

Cov.me

Although the chances of it happening are slim, it's still a bit of a cock-up by the Ricoh, isn't it? Surely these things should be watertight before we start using them..

I've heard that joke many, many a time whilst the lime green aliens are asked why we are using a cashless system!

Nick

Administrator
The only issue I have had is where I went to get a Balti Pie and he charged me. Then he said they didn't have any but couldn't refund me :(

simmouk

Administrator
Haha! Thats ridiculous! They should be able to put money back on the card if they can take it off! Or failing that, he should have gone to the Frogs with you to get a refund! (But I know, as I work near a refund station) that the process of doing that bugger's the till total up for the frogs, so the bar staff really should refund you.

simmouk

Administrator
A point well made sir! There was yet more problems with the cards this morning, Premier Club Season Ticket card holders were issues with a normal paper ticket for todays game, and given a temporary card to use with the cashless payment system, due to another cock up! I was just shaking my head during our briefing lol.

Nick

Administrator
The idea is good in theory but surely this should have been thoroughly tested before this was launched fully.

I still hate the fact they can't refund and charge the card before they check stock :(

skyblueprincess

HOW much is a season ticket these days?????

Users who are viewing this thread