Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (8 Viewers)

Old Warwickshire lad

He scored a penalty, and one the keeper should have saved.
I am not knocking him but he was pretty average in an average team performance today.
We won without playing well, a good sign. And I think it helps having Simms up there with him,allowing him to go out on the left.

edgy

I am not knocking him but he was pretty average in an average team performance today.
We won without playing well, a good sign. And I think it helps having Simms up there with him,allowing him to go out on the left.

Agree with this. His 2nd goal today was a "poor" effort, 9 times out of 10 keeper saves near post. But, they all count. Keep bagging Haji!

skybluegod

I don't think anyone can really question the price or his output. He may not be as easy on the eye but he's equal with the likes of piroe & mavidi in terms of goals and further ahead in assists. Piroe cost significantly more and mavidi around the same.

Mucca Mad Boys

I don't think anyone can really question the price or his output. He may not be as easy on the eye but he's equal with the likes of piroe & mavidi in terms of goals and further ahead in assists. Piroe cost significantly more and mavidi around the same.
There was an old man sat behind me on Tuesday saying that Wright and Simms were a waste of money and that we should’ve signed a ‘proven Championship striker’…

It properly grated on me. Like who? Gyokeres and Akprom were proven Championship strikers - both playing European football. Who else? Piroe - who cost more and as you rightly mention, has less output than Wright.

From last year’s top scorers, I think only Yates, Bradshaw, Flemming and Will Keane were players who could’ve realistically joined. None of which are better than what we’ve got.

Last edited:

slowpoke

I thought this was Wrights best all round game, missed a sitter but it didn’t affect him.
Put himself about a bit more and when he drifted to the left second half he caused them all sorts of problems.
I would still like to see a bit more aggression though.

usskyblue

If twats could fly SBT would be a fuckin airport.

It’s fucking beyond me that people find it so hard to praise the guy. The keeper should've saved the pen? Jesuswept.
Wright went from having a mediocre game to becoming a real threat once he moved to the left. People either can’t see what’s in front of their face, or they don’t want to.

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s fucking beyond me that people find it so hard to praise the guy. The keeper should've saved the pen? Jesuswept.
Wright went from having a mediocre game to becoming a real threat once he moved to the left. People either can’t see what’s in front of their face, or they don’t want to.
I reckon it's that at this point.

Mucca Mad Boys

Absolutely. Gyokeres scored some ‘ugly’ goals but they all count the same.

The keeper probably should have save it, but he didn’t. Going for the near post possibly caught the keeper out.

Old Warwickshire lad

Wright is the sort of player who will always seem to be a cause of debate amongst fans.
Those who love him think if fans aren’t praising him, they don’t know what they are on about.
I personally think Simms brings a lot to the team,but as he is not scoring others think he is sh**.
We all have opinions and should all be able to air them.

AFCCOVENTRY

On price we would easily make a profit on him now. It’s a smart signing by the club. He’s settled in and got going much quicker than Vik did in his first season with us.

Ccfcisparks

Wright is the sort of player who will always seem to be a cause of debate amongst fans.
Those who love him think if fans aren’t praising him, they don’t know what they are on about.
I personally think Simms brings a lot to the team,but as he is not scoring others think he is sh**.
We all have opinions and should all be able to air them.
It’s clear they don’t know what they’re on about, he has 10 goals 5 assists in the league?

Ccfcisparks

So using your logic,Simms is useless because he is not scoring or providing assists.
There is more to football than statistics.
Do you let anyone have an opinion?
Right so you think outside of his goals and assists wright offers nothing?

you were suggesting we send him back to Turkey in the previous window in November.

Grendel

Hes never looked hopeless like a few claimed just a bit frustrating - there is no question when he runs at defenders he causes a lot of problems and is an intelligent player

NorthernWisdom

I think this is it. At the risk of incurring the wrath of Evo, there are times Godden can seem anonymous, but can pop up with a goal. Wright does however always seem to be involved. You watch him and sometimes you wonder how he ended up costing so much, and he goes Sunday league in touch and technique on occasion, but then he fires into life, his movement is truly excellent (he seems to find space more than just about anybody I can remember) and he's involved not just in scoring, but creating chances too.

He's a funny player, because in many ways you'd watch him on a one-off and think maybe you caught his 'good' day given his weaknesses... but he keeps doing it, consistently, and he's always a threat!

djr8369

There was an old man sat behind me on Tuesday saying that Wright and Simms were a waste of money and that we should’ve signed a ‘proven Championship striker’…

It properly grated on me, which grated on me. Like who? Gyokeres and Akprom were proven Championship strikers - both playing European football. Who else? Piroe - who cost more and as you rightly mention, has less output than Wright.

From last year’s top scorers, I think only Yates, Bradshaw, Flemming and Will Keane were players we could’ve realistically joined. None of which are better than what we’ve got.
Bloke in 22 whining today that he’s useless and a waste of money.

Mind you he’s a gormless idiot and moans every game.

Darth Robins

He’s such a tall bloke he’s always going to look slightly clumsy and that causes people to judge him more harshly IMO.

There's definitely a touch of Peter Crouch in how he moves, even when he's running flat out it seems to look a lot slower than it actually is.

Old Warwickshire lad

you were suggesting we send him back to Turkey in the previous window in November.
Where have I said that? I said he is the sort of player who will be a source of debate.
I haven’t said he offers nothing, they are your words.
I haven’t said we “ should send him back “
I said football is more than statistics.
I also said I think Simms brings a lot to the team, many would disagree.
It’s all opinions, one thing I think supporters are entitled to. You pays your money, you are entitled to your opinion.

shmmeee

He has tried near post shot alot. When it doesn't come off ppl moan he's not a good finisher.

Hopefully some learn from todays goal. Not every shot results in a goal and that's okay.

He said in his interview something about how keepers expect the far post shot and “try and cheat” (I assume by moving early) and he was hoping the GK did and he did so it’s clearly something he’s thought about.

AJB1983

He said in his interview something about how keepers expect the far post shot and “try and cheat” (I assume by moving early) and he was hoping the GK did and he did so it’s clearly something he’s thought about.
Yeah this is the reason why the keeper didn’t keep it out as he was expecting it to go far post I think. It’s pretty obvious when you see it.

one thing with Wright is when he falls/tumbles down he looks a bit cumbersome/clumsy and it looks a bit silly, but he’s a big guy at 6’4” so I’m not sure that helps the ‘look’.

Hertsccfc

If he keeps scoring two goals while playing average I am happy. Seriously what a brilliant signing this guy has proved to be.

Londonccfcfan

He has tried near post shot alot. When it doesn't come off ppl moan he's not a good finisher.

Hopefully some learn from todays goal. Not every shot results in a goal and that's okay.
As the sky sports presenters analysed that miss kick in first half they thought he isn't a natural goalscorer.

This isn't a criticism.

Just feel there's so much more to come from him. Like 100% more.

Evo1883

Went down the middle keeper can't save it when he's already gone the opposite way

Evo1883

I think this is it. At the risk of incurring the wrath of Evo, there are times Godden can seem anonymous, but can pop up with a goal. Wright does however always seem to be involved. You watch him and sometimes you wonder how he ended up costing so much, and he goes Sunday league in touch and technique on occasion, but then he fires into life, his movement is truly excellent (he seems to find space more than just about anybody I can remember) and he's involved not just in scoring, but creating chances too.

He's a funny player, because in many ways you'd watch him on a one-off and think maybe you caught his 'good' day given his weaknesses... but he keeps doing it, consistently, and he's always a threat!
Schitts Creek No GIF by CBC

Londonccfcfan

So you think he's offering 0
No not at all he's a great talent. Just badly want him to fulfill it. I just feel there's so much more to come.

He has everything...his finishing is nowhere near the finished article as evidenced that effort vs Norwich , that mis kick from 1 foot out. And the 2nd goal was a decent enough finish, just feel he needs to smash it!

He's going to be some player when he actually clicks. He shown me enough to change my mind he's not a waste of money.

False9

Love this guy.

Goal or assist every 117 minutes and there's more to come now he's confident.

The chance magnet and key man in our team.

Grendel

No not at all he's a great talent. Just badly want him to fulfill it. I just feel there's so much more to come.

He has everything...his finishing is nowhere near the finished article as evidenced that effort vs Norwich , that mis kick from 1 foot out. And the 2nd goal was a decent enough finish, just feel he needs to smash it!

He's going to be some player when he actually clicks. He shown me enough to change my mind he's not a waste of money.
It’s hilarious when that twat @DannyThomas_1981 slaughters me for my observations that Da Silva was not brilliant but never utters a word when you said Wright was not even a Sunday league footballer.

shmmeee

As the sky sports presenters analysed that miss kick in first half they thought he isn't a natural goalscorer.

This isn't a criticism.

Just feel there's so much more to come from him. Like 100% more.

Vik wasn’t a natural finisher, but he’s a natural goal scorer. Wright is the same. If he finishes on 20 everyone will say he should have had 30.

Users who are viewing this thread