Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (3 Viewers)

TomRad85

Yes I agree he looks a massive waste of money atm and I'm sure if this trend continues someone is going to pay the price for that, but I have to say it's quite clear we're not playing to his strengths. He's quick and reasonably strong (when he feels like it.) It's clear his strength is running off the defender, scored a few one on ones looking at his highlights... we have absolutely no one capable of playing those balls to him, he looks lost and not entirely sure what's wanted of him.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

NorthernWisdom

Wright is a concern. tbf he looked sharp when he came on against Leicester, and early days in a couple of other games. He's gone very, very flat though - mainly after starting games!

He can't have had the enthusiasm beaten out of him that quickly, surely?

Fergusons_Beard

Definitely a player in Hadji somewhere-y’all with short memories forget that against Leicester he out paced the defender and crashed one against the bar.

If that had gone in maybe he’d have more confidence and it’d buy him a little more time with the impatient fans.

He’s also new to the country and is finding his feet in a notoriously tough league.

Despite what folks on here are saying-Hamer, Sheaf & Gyo did take time to jell and didn’t make the instant impact that we are expecting from Simms and Wright.

Supporters need to start supporting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Boicey

Gok and Hamer are special, once in a decade, talents. We had luck to find them and did well to bring it out.
But let's not pretend what we have now is any way similar. It isn't. The talent isnt there.

TomRad85

Gok and Hamer are special, once in a decade, talents. We had luck to find them and did well to bring it out.
But let's not pretend what we have now is any way similar. It isn't. The talent isnt there.
Tbf you really should go back and read what people were saying about Gyokeres.

Boicey

Tbf you really should go back and read what people were saying about Gyokeres.

I think you might want to read the one before mine chief.
We hear endlessly about the time it took Gok and Gus all missing the fact they are rare talented players.

TomRad85

We hear endlessly about the time it took Gok and Gus all missing the fact they are rare talented players.
I mean, they were very good. I'm not sure I'd call lower end prem level players rare talents.

fernandopartridge

I am losing my head tbh. Cos I will never get over the fact we paid £7.7M for this fraud. Not his fault we gave him a 4 year contract.

Its alot of money wasted.

250k would have been too much.

Why didnt we pay the extra £2M and bought absolute class like Pirloe from Swansea. Guaranteed and proven top top goalscorer.

Gamble has back fired. He may go on and score 10 goals. Wo t change the fact hes a shocking footballer.
Honestly don't post pissed you're hysterical

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

They were turned into the players they are now by the same staff that seem to have already drained an £8m man of all self belief in record time.

fernandopartridge

Yes I agree he looks a massive waste of money atm and I'm sure if this trend continues someone is going to pay the price for that, but I have to say it's quite clear we're not playing to his strengths. He's quick and reasonably strong (when he feels like it.) It's clear his strength is running off the defender, scored a few one on ones looking at his highlights... we have absolutely no one capable of playing those balls to him, he looks lost and not entirely sure what's wanted of him.

We just take too long to move the ball up the pitch, Ayari was as bad as Palmer for not providing the running and angles for a pass. Allen came on and like the other night suddenly we could progress up the pitch through simple triangles.

Brighton Sky Blue

We just take too long to move the ball up the pitch, Ayari was as bad as Palmer for not providing the running and angles for a pass. Allen came on and like the other night suddenly we could progress up the pitch through simple triangles.

Ayari just isn’t a 10.

Brighton Sky Blue

They had talent and Wright doesn't. Is it that difficult to understand? You cant coach talent.
It isn’t hard to understand, he’s also older than they were when they arrived. For that money you should be bringing in the finished article or close to it. As I said last night, Hudlin genuinely looked more threatening than him and he is a random punt from non league. Same can be said for Tanner at Cardiff.

hinckley cov

What’s wanted of him is to put chances away from a few feet out, that was one of the worst misses I’ve seen in all my years watching football

hill83

A 5 at best based on last night.

He just looks like he hasn't got the energy and / or desire. Can't see how he'd be a box to box midfielder or a sitting midfielder either though tbh, so what is he?

A panic signing

Brighton Sky Blue

A 5 at best based on last night.

He just looks like he hasn't got the energy and / or desire. Can't see how he'd be a box to box midfielder or a sitting midfielder either though tbh, so what is he?

Forgive the FM parlance but a deep lying playmaker. Sakamoto actually does look more of a 10 but will never be played there as long as Robins insists on wing backs.

Londonccfcfan

Clutching at straws and making excuses for him. He missed from a yard out ffs!.

Macca

I think we got starstruck pre season because for the first time in 20 odd years we were chucking money around. Blinded by the £’s rather than the quality

skybluecam

Neither are very good with the ball at their feet.
I think Wright could be. But he’s currently losing confidence with every appearance and shying away from taking players on and driving at goal.

Simms looks like he’s got trampoline feet. But you could see last night how he could be effective despite that.

NorthernWisdom

He pulls players with him too. When we had all the mocking about 'he makes runs' we've seen the past couple of games why that's so important, regardless of if he ends up with the ball or not.

Users who are viewing this thread