Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (7 Viewers)

CCFC88

This time last year Simms was proving himself and scoring goals for Sunderland. Give him game time and he will score plenty.
This time last year Wright was proving himself and scoring goals from Antalyaspor but you seem to have your mind made up on him already.

Both will improve and I believe both will come good under Robins and co, just give them time and support as we gave previous players that Robins believed in

Great_Expectations

Simms was good on Saturday and had the beating of the LB - and he knew it as he looked confident and wanted the ball against him. Taking him off was mental.

Wright was a rollercoaster; at times looked weak, positionally poor and not up for it, other times he showed good attributes; good runs, confidence to shoot and even closing down.

They’ll both come good; just need service, game time and a settled team.

Brighton Sky Blue

I’d have to watch it back myself, it quite possibly could have been different to how I remembered it in the moment. Looks to me in that freezeframe like Haji is in full flight and Rose is still reacting/comparatively static, but you may be right.
If Wright is in full flight there (pun intended?), does Rose not have even more of a head start?

SBT

If Wright is in full flight there (pun intended?), does Rose not have even more of a head start?
I mean it looks like Wright has a running start on chasing that long ball, whereas Rose is still reacting/changing direction and hasn’t started going at full speed yet. But it’s silly to be Zaprudering this screenshot, I might have just misremembered the play!

shmmeee

Matty Godden who hasn’t scored in 9 watching city fans argue of which of Simms and Wright is worse:

Meme Shock GIF by Evan Klar

Calista

They were both sprinting at that point. Rose saw the danger early. Tbh at the game I thought Wright should have got there, but watching it back, it was a level start and an even race.

View attachment 32404
Just watched it back, and it seems to me that Rose can clearly see the flight of the ball, and sprints flat out all the way. Wright is having to try and judge where it's going as it comes over his head, and hesitates for a couple of steps whilst running, which gives Rose the upper hand in getting there first. It's ridiculous to judge Wright's pace on that incident. However I think it's fair to say that he does show hesitation quite often, and as he adapts to this league you'd hope he'll grow in self-belief because IMO if he pulls out all the stops he could be a nightmare for defenders.

DrPoolittle

Just watched it back, and it seems to me that Rose can clearly see the flight of the ball, and sprints flat out all the way. Wright is having to try and judge where it's going as it comes over his head, and hesitates for a couple of steps whilst running, which gives Rose the upper hand in getting there first. It's ridiculous to judge Wright's pace on that incident. However I think it's fair to say that he does show hesitation quite often, and as he adapts to this league you'd hope he'll grow in self-belief because IMO if he pulls out all the stops he could be a nightmare for defenders.

Utterly reasonable but my concern is that we are discussing one minor incident amidst a wealth of other evidence from games. A player on his wages, with his experience at league and international level should not be repeatedly hesitating.

CCFC88

Utterly reasonable but my concern is that we are discussing one minor incident amidst a wealth of other evidence from games. A player on his wages, with his experience at league and international level should not be repeatedly hesitating.
He's in a new team, league, country, the Championship is unforgiving, you don't know his wages. Expecting instant success is absolutely bonkers, he's 9 games into a 4 year contract.

We all had to google him when we signed him, people making out we've signed a prime Billy Sharp.

Patience.

AJB1983

I personally think his movement is really good, especially finding space for himself and/or looking across the line for offside and timing his runs. The expected goals is interesting as there have certainly been chances that he should have scored - but there’s a whole lot more that were more difficult chances, I.e that would have taken an incredible piece of finishing or luck to have gone in.
but I know there will be people who disagree with this just because…

edgy

Did I read somewhere that Wright was still supposedly living in a hotel?

He arrived at the signing event last night with his missus and baby in tow. They hung around in the carpark for an hour and a half in the cold. Not something you'd expect if they had a nice warm house sorted out.

SBT

He arrived at the signing event last night with his missus and baby in tow. They hung around in the carpark for an hour and a half in the cold. Not something you'd expect if they had a nice warm house sorted out.
Why were you in the car park for an hour and a half?

ProfessorbyGrace

Well, even if he is still in a hotel, I’d imagine he’s larging it somewhere like Coombe Abbey, and not the Express Inn on the Bermuda Industrial Estate in sunny Nunny.

I would have thought he’d have had at least a swanky rental sorted out. 🤔

skybluecam

Well, even if he is still in a hotel, I’d imagine he’s larging it somewhere like Coombe Abbey, and not the Express Inn on the Bermuda Industrial Estate in sunny Nunny.

I would have thought he’d have had at least a swanky rental sorted out. 🤔
Living in any hotel room is shit though, assuming there’s one room and no utilities (cooking/cleaning etc).

Surely the club should have had a short term rental sorted for him.

ProfessorbyGrace

Living in any hotel room is shit though, assuming there’s one room and no utilities (cooking/cleaning etc).

Surely the club should have had a short term rental sorted for him.
This is what I thought, too. Maybe it’s just a rumour that he’s holed up in a hotel.

Greggs

Keeps missing the appointments with the estate agent.

chinamans view

Please stop all this negative stuff about Write its not good or helpful at all. He has been in a lovely house in Warwick for some time now and he is being made out to be a bad player, he will come good ,the ball is just not running for him at present.

Brighton Sky Blue

Please stop all this negative stuff about Write its not good or helpful at all. He has been in a lovely house in Warwick for some time now and he is being made out to be a bad player, he will come good ,the ball is just not running for him at present.
He’s bought the castle hasn’t he?

Users who are viewing this thread