Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (5 Viewers)

Martin180

He’s a truly odd player - clearly looks a handful, gets in good positions and frightens defenders with his pace and movement. But the finishing has been very poor so far. Let’s not even start on his link-up play. He’s a valuable player for us, but certainly not £7.5 million worth of value at the moment.
I think that’s a fair assessment . I just want to see him grab a couple of goals and see what that does for his con

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I watched the second half. By the end the Millwall commentary team had him down as man of the match .
He looks incredibly lazy to me. If he gives the ball away he rarely busts a gut to try and get it back and his first touch is poor.
They clearly saw something good about him and it must have been in the first half.

Happy_Martian

Really pleased to hear (and see) Wright's performance today. Did he score ? No. Did he influence how the Millwall defence played. I think yes. Was he available for those through balls from Eccles and Allen a la Gyokeres last season ? Hell, yes and it seemed to be an intentional tactic rather than hopeful balls forward. He may not be our goalscoring answer but he creates opportunities for others that should see us getting more positive results.

Happy_Martian

He’s a truly odd player - clearly looks a handful, gets in good positions and frightens defenders with his pace and movement. But the finishing has been very poor so far. Let’s not even start on his link-up play. He’s a valuable player for us, but certainly not £7.5 million worth of value at the moment.

Agree. His presence creates opportunities for teammates as defenders are attracted to him. But seeing him in front of goal, he looks so out of place, you can tell it's psychological. He needs to get a couple more goals so he can say to himself he is worth the fee and he can perform in English football.

clint van damme

Really pleased to hear (and see) Wright's performance today. Did he score ? No. Did he influence how the Millwall defence played. I think yes. Was he available for those through balls from Eccles and Allen a la Gyokeres last season ? Hell, yes and it seemed to be an intentional tactic rather than hopeful balls forward. He may not be our goalscoring answer but he creates opportunities for others that should see us getting more positive results.

He's a real mixed bag but I'm sure he'll come good but fuck me he's frustrating at the moment.
The ball in the first half where we broke 5 on 3 and he played it to a Millwall player was atrocious
I would honestly back myself to get that ball right.

SkyblueTexan

I watched the second half. By the end the Millwall commentary team had him down as man of the match .
He looks incredibly lazy to me. If he gives the ball away he rarely busts a gut to try and get it back and his first touch is poor.
They clearly saw something good about him and it must have been in the first half.
If Millwall think highly of Wright and are willing to give us at least half of what we paid for him in the January window, I’ll snap their hands off for it. I really can’t see him ever becoming good for us. I can even see Simms turning a corner sometime in the next decade.

Esoterica

It’s really fine margins. Saka finishes through the keeper’s legs, Wright’s 3rd chance almost did the same but hits the keepers heel. Found himself clean through 3 times though and hit the target each time.
Hasn’t been worth the price paid yet but if Robins was looking for a development project then he has plenty of raw potential to polish.

Blind-Faith

He had several clear cut chances today. Had he put them in we would all be singing his praises. Give him time. He will come good. He has just moved from Turkey and had his wife had baby recently. He has a lot going on in his life. He clearly is talented.

Simms is gonna be great too.

Do they make the goals smaller or the keepers bigger then if your wife’s just had a baby?

If you've taken a flight from Turkey this year, does this effect your ability to pass the ball 5 yards to a team mate?

sneferu

Do they make the goals smaller or the keepers bigger then if your wife’s just had a baby?

If you've taken a flight from Turkey this year, does this effect your ability to pass the ball 5 yards to a team mate?

Big changes in life quite often effect people in lots of different ways. Doesn't mean he is a bad player just cause he hasn't scored in a few games just after major events in his life. Give the man a break, and some time...

fernandopartridge

It’s really fine margins. Saka finishes through the keeper’s legs, Wright’s 3rd chance almost did the same but hits the keepers heel. Found himself clean through 3 times though and hit the target each time.
Hasn’t been worth the price paid yet but if Robins was looking for a development project then he has plenty of raw potential to polish.
I think he's got the hardest bit of scoring goals ok, he gets into position through his movement, it'll happen for him. It's not as if he misses the target, two shots saved today and two goals in the aftermath.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Cally Fedora

Wright had a very good game. He could have easily had a goal or two but that will come. Millwall simply couldn’t cope with him and hence a good win. If you’re knocking Wright today you just don’t understand the game.

pusbccfc

As others have alluded to, a real mental game from him. At times you're impressed with great movement and then a moment later you're left baffled by the fact he can't control a simple pass.

I think, based on the goal contributions, he's still a better option than Simms.

I'm desperate for him to do well and it's clear the fans are too. Once again, his song sung loudly.

Grendel

Just watching the highlights back, very unlucky with all his chances really.

Yes I didn’t see it live - the way people were saying it the godden goal was a two yard miss. It was a good save and the one through the keepers legs could have gone in

pusbccfc

Really unfortunate he decided to hit all three straight at the keeper. Maybe at some point, he might have the mental capacity to try and put one either side of him

Suppose Allen's shot from outside the box for Sakamoto's goal was straight at the keeper?

SeaSeeEffCee

I have been very critical of him so far, overly so in fact, but he is clearly getting better the more he plays. £7m still feels like a massive over-pay, but we've seen strikers start slowly and explode at this club before.

PVA

He gets in to great positions, which is a good sign. Hopefully the finishes will come soon.

The one v one was a great save. Looked like a good save for the one Godden tapped in too.

The bit in the second half where he had a chance to break and his first touch somehow booted it 20 yards out of touch was quite something though.

Users who are viewing this thread