Halloween (1 Viewer)

Astute

Yep.

She's a lovely dog and really well behaved. She always obeys orders except for when someone knocks the door. You end up chasing her around for about 15 seconds trying to get her to calm down. She just wants to say hello, but her bark is very loud and she does scare some children (and some adults too for that matter).
Just got a puppy last week. But also got a Welsh Collie who is 2. Not a problem normally. But he is very protective with the family when it gets dark. He is ready to kill all the time. He just waits for a noise then walks up to the window to have a look. He is the height of an Alsatian. If he knows you well he will let you in. He will also let kids in. But if a bloke came in that he doesn't know well he will have him if the wife and I are not there. But if any of us say stop he does.

Got a lift to work a couple of times on a night shift. He went straight at me both times. Worked out after the second time that he knows the sound of all our cars and as he didn't hear one he thought it was an intruder.

Otis

Will probably be left by then though!

Deffo worth it if you can afford it for a decent school area and a higher class of trick of treaters.
Yep, no Haribo and cheap toffees round there for sure. It's all Ferraro Rocher, Werther's Originals and Madagascan vanilla fudge pieces cut in the shape of heroic sea captains.

Gazolba

I worked late, then stopped for dinner on the way home. Missed all of it. Ok now for another 12 months.

mechaishida

Think I'm just outside wyken to be fair. Near the Wyken Pipen. It's just a shithole after living in Stivichall and Earlsdon. Been here 2 years and we've not had our street cleaned by the council once. It was every 4 weeks in Stivichall. Same council tax though. We are looking around Finham now. We had to rush into our first purchase and with work close and the mrs being from bulkington we chose round here. It's getting another year maximum and I'm off.

Stivichall?? Lah dee daaaah, Mr Loaded, think ya better than us Hillfields oiks etc etc not fair etc.

Anyway, I shudder to think what rent rates are in Cov nowadays, assuming you're not buying of course. Next stop, Gibbet Hill, in Salako's old mansion. ;-)

hill83

Stivichall?? Lah dee daaaah, Mr Loaded, think ya better than us Hillfields oiks etc etc not fair etc.

Anyway, I shudder to think what rent rates are in Cov nowadays, assuming you're not buying of course. Next stop, Gibbet Hill, in Salako's old mansion. ;-)

Renting. Have a word. Even round where I am now is double renting what I'm paying mortgage. Also, I'm a Hillfields lad myself!

ajsccfc

I was renting one of the flats in the block where the old Mercers Arms used to be, it was just under £500pcm when I moved in 7 years ago and now I see they're offering it to students at almost twice that. Proper cowboy firm they are too, should have got Rogue Traders on to them.

mechaishida

Renting. Have a word. Even round where I am now is double renting what I'm paying mortgage. Also, I'm a Hillfields lad myself!

All is forgiven, and a word has been had.

I really only referenced Salako and his Gibbet Hill mansion because I once drove past whilst he was on his driveway, and yelled: "YOU POWDER-PUFF FANNYYYYY, PLAY FOR THE SHIIIIRRRT!" at him, from the safety of my mates' Corsa. :)

Had to get the story out somehow.

Nick

Administrator
All is forgiven, and a word has been had.

I really only referenced Salako and his Gibbet Hill mansion because I once drove past whilst he was on his driveway, and yelled: "YOU POWDER-PUFF FANNYYYYY, PLAY FOR THE SHIIIIRRRT!" at him, from the safety of my mates' Corsa. :)

Had to get the story out somehow.

Should have just phoned up CWR to give them some content ;)

ajsccfc

Terry Yorath used to live near there too, I'm sure there was something with Gabby Logan talking about growing up on Cannon Hill Rd back in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread