Hamer post match comments (1 Viewer)

Garlana86

This paragraph in particular is a tease:

"We must start again and work hard to do it all again, hopefully one step further, but it was an amazing achievement to come from three points in our first seven games to the brink of the Premier League.”

Last edited:

Balli001

He is under contract nothing to read into. The club won't let him run his contract down tho so it's still likely he leaves

fatso

He's under contract for another year, so from his point of view he's here until the club tell him otherwise.

Personally I think we should keep him for next season unless there's a silly offer on the table. 5 million isn't anywhere near enough IMHO.

Sky_Blue_Daz

would love to see him sign another deal with us

Balli001

He's under contract for another year, so from his point of view he's here until the club tell him otherwise.

Personally I think we should keep him for next season unless there's a silly offer on the table. 5 million isn't anywhere near enough IMHO.
But then we lose him for nothing if he doesn't sign a new contract

fatso

But then we lose him for nothing if he doesn't sign a new contract
That's right, but you have to ask, is keeping him and having the best midfielder in the championship for another push for promotion, worth more than what's on the table.

My answer would be keep him. ( Unless it's 20 million.)

Balli001

That's right, but you have to ask, is keeping him and having the best midfielder in the championship for another push for promotion, worth more than what's on the table.

My answer would be keep him. ( Unless it's 20 million.)
No it isn't. We potentially end up in exactly in the same position but he walks away for free instead. If he doesn't sign a new contract we have to sell simple as that really

fatso

No it isn't. We potentially end up in exactly in the same position but he walks away for free instead. If he doesn't sign a new contract we have to sell simple as that really
Would you sell him if the only offer was 1million?

If you wouldn't, then you've basically just agreed with what I said. The only difference is the amount you'd accept.

Happy_Martian

To the OP, Liam Kelly said pretty much the same after the final yet most on here think he won't be offered a new contract. It's just the standard "you're a part of the team until you're not" stuff.

Balli001

Would you sell him if the only offer was 1million?

If you wouldn't, then you've basically just agreed with what I said. The only difference is the amount you'd accept.
I haven't agreed at all. You know full well no one is bidding only a million. You want to keep him no matter what the bid is. I don't agree as that's ludicrous business sense

Balli001

Don't think it's worth selling Hamer for some of the figures mentioned, get 25-30 mill for Vik and bring in 4 or 5 good championship players, with Hamer pulling the strings in midfield, we would be serious contenders for another push at it.
If anyone bids that much for gyokeres. If he is still here on deadline day we get nowhere near that valuation with his contract situation

fatso

I haven't agreed at all. You know full well no one is bidding only a million. You want to keep him no matter what the bid is. I don't agree as that's ludicrous business sense
You clearly haven't read my post as I said it would have to be an offer we just couldn't refuse, I even suggested 20 million (purely to indicate to any thick twats just what I meant)

Hobo

Got up Sunday and watched whole game again. Hamer was in tears having to go off. Gyokeres too at the end. I know they weren't alone.

But for two players rumoured to have deals lined up - they gave us their all. Staying or not they wanted to get us promoted.

The whole squad gave everything the whole season. Be proud of this group forever.

Sky Blue Pete

Got up Sunday and watched whole game again. Hamer was in tears having to go off. Gyokeres too at the end. I know they weren't alone.

But for two players rumoured to have deals lined up - they gave us their all. Staying or not they wanted to get us promoted.

The whole squad gave everything the whole season. Be proud of this group forever.
Yep Kelly too
And doyle and McNally

Hobo

Everyone was gutted but Hamer and Gyokeres are rumoured to be going on to better things.

Another thing for me was the first person to really go and console Dabo was Norton -Cuffy. What a young prospect he is? Wasn't impressed with his first couple of games but has just got better and better.

He seemed totally unfazed by that atmosphere at Wembley. We weren't showing much at all first half except from Hamer and Norton-Cuffy. The lad ran his socks off for us, then has the maturity to get back on pitch to embrace and console Dabo.

If we can, sign him a great prospect.

Offhegoes

It’s actually a smart move for both Vik & Gus to sign the new deals being offered. Both will have clauses in the player’s favour, and they will be star players ( in the Championship) next season., with much improved wages.
If they both went to the Premier League, it’s going to be to the likes of Brentford, Fulham, Everton, Bournemouth and west Ham. They become squad players and are joining clubs that could well be in relegation scraps. (Brentford’s bubble will burst).
If we did keep both next season….Automatics would surely be the expectation.

Offhegoes

Everyone was gutted but Hamer and Gyokeres are rumoured to be going on to better things.

Another thing for me was the first person to really go and console Dabo was Norton -Cuffy. What a young prospect he is? Wasn't impressed with his first couple of games but has just got better and better.

He seemed totally unfazed by that atmosphere at Wembley. We weren't showing much at all first half except from Hamer and Norton-Cuffy. The lad ran his socks off for us, then has the maturity to get back on pitch to embrace and console Dabo.

If we can, sign him a great prospect.
Agree with that. He needs work, and games but there’s a player there. He’s not getting games at Arsenal next season. Another loan or would Arsenal be tempted by £1.5 million offer?

Users who are viewing this thread