Hamer (3 Viewers)

Finham

Even with the sky bluest of sky blue lenses I'm baffled people don't think that's a red...

It's six of one and half a dozen of another, until Hamer kicks him in the head whilst looking directly at him. Shouldn't have lost his rag.

MalcSB

Out of interest, what's the rational for sending the Birmingham player off?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
It looked like the Birmingham player kicked out at Hamer first and was holding Hamers legs. I’m not entirely sure that Hamer caught him in the face either. Looked unmarked, unlike Godden’s shiner from mid week.

mark82

I still don't think that's intentional. Just my opinion though, will see what the club decide to do. Appreciate he has form for doing stupid shit so it's hard to give benefit of the doubt.

Grendel

I still don't think that's intentional. Just my opinion though, will see what the club decide to do. Appreciate he has form for doing stupid shit so it's hard to give benefit of the doubt.

If we appeal that we we’ll probably risking getting another game ban there’s no way it’s going to be overturned

Grendel

Club will probably not appeal because of the high cost. What is it, £50?

Isnt there a risk that it’s deemed frivolous and you get an extra ban? What’s the appeal based on?

SlowerThanPlatt

Asked if the club are going to appeal the decision, the City boss said: “I don’t know, I don’t think so. Not from first look.

mark82

Isnt there a risk that it’s deemed frivolous and you get an extra ban? What’s the appeal based on?

Presumably no intent, no contact. I kind of agree though, regardless of my own opinion, these type of things rarely get overturned.

PVA

Robins:

"It looked to me like he was being wrestled and [Hannibal] Mejbri was holding his legs, and I think Gus tried to get his legs away but then you run the risk."

mark82

What people have failed to realise is that it was clearly a foul on Hamer before he was on the floor having his legs held.

Exactly the same foul by Sheaf in the first half and he was yellowed.

Player came in and tackled at the side.

Just no consistency by refs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Their player got the ball first, Sheaf didn't.

Tommo1993

Robins:

"It looked to me like he was being wrestled and [Hannibal] Mejbri was holding his legs, and I think Gus tried to get his legs away but then you run the risk."

I still think it’s more of a wriggle at worst. Not karate kicks as people keep saying.

Grendel

Finham

Robins:

Wasn't it more like "Gus has...then he's tried to...and then he's...and then you run the risk" It was an exercise in fill-in-the-blanks. Robins clearly censored himself.

Grendel

Wasn't it more like "Gus has...then he's tried to...and then he's...and then you run the risk" It was an exercise in fill-in-the-blanks. Robins clearly censored himself.

Indeed he also said we’ll have to take it and move on

mark82

Robins:

I think that's exactly what happened to be fair. Just don't think there was any intent.

mds

If we appeal and fail could the ban be extended, there is no mistaking that as violent play, and given the proximity to his head and lashing out three times is really not a good look to go to the EFL with..

PVA

He's clearly not our best player but we're obviously a far better team with him than without

Sick Boy

I don't get what people don't see in Hamer. He's infuriating, can be sloppy, but the talent is obvious. We're a better team when he's playing.
We’re a better team when he’s playing but he’s a liability and it’s getting to the point where he’s costing us points because he can’t control himself.

Sick Boy

If we appeal and fail could the ban be extended, there is no mistaking that as violent play, and given the proximity to his head and lashing out three times is really not a good look to go to the EFL with..
There’s no way we’re going to appeal.

Finham

He’s still our best player, just needs to curb his enthusiasm somewhat. We’d be a poorer team without him. Every team needs a Hamer type in their team.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread