Hamer (1 Viewer)

slyblue57

Absolutely ridiculous. 26 yellows and 3 reds in 91 apps now

His disciplinary record is shocking and he’s let the team down badly today
Discipline clearly poor but uou were nt at the game as today he pl as yed really well andvthst was never a ref card 😠

Brighton Sky Blue

He should at least attend all 4 games he's missing because of what he's done. Will probably spend it getting his name sung in the Tavern

ProfessorbyGrace

I’ve watched the replay at least 12 times.

He’s felt their player holding onto his legs (after the tackle and ensuing tangle on the deck) and lashed out, in a ‘make it look like I’m rolling over’ fashion. Very petulant. Their guy (his name escapes me) made a great tackle to win the ball, in truth, and wasn’t really to blame for anything.

Not sure there’s any grounds for it being overturned; he’s out for another few games.

Irish Sky Blue

For someone who had been kicked studs first in the face, the Blues player made a remarkably quick recovery once Hamer had gone.
He was only on the pitch a short while, looked really good on the ball but went down very easily on at least two occasions in his short stint. Being schooled in how to be ‘professional’ no doubt.

Frostie

For someone who had been kicked studs first in the face, the Blues player made a remarkably quick recovery once Hamer had gone.
He was only on the pitch a short while, looked really good on the ball but went down very easily on at least two occasions in his short stint. Being schooled in how to be ‘professional’ no doubt.

Being schooled in being streetwise & professionalism by a 19 year old is quite the look isn't it?

Irish Sky Blue

I’ve watched the replay at least 12 times.

He’s felt their player holding onto his legs (after the tackle and ensuing tangle on the deck) and lashed out, in a ‘make it look like I’m rolling over’ fashion. Very petulant. Their guy (his name escapes me) made a great tackle to win the ball, in truth, and wasn’t really to blame for anything.

Not sure there’s any grounds for it being overturned; he’s out for another few games.
I agree that it was a great tackle and twenty years ago would have been legal. I don’t think that’s days that most refs would allow that. Having watched it back it certainly seems as though Hamer is being held.

ProfessorbyGrace

I agree that it was a great tackle and twenty years ago would have been legal. I don’t think that’s days that most refs would allow that. Having watched it back it certainly seems as though Hamer is being held.

Held, yes, but in that position (from experience) I’d be trying to get up before I got kicked accidentally, and if you look at the replay, it appears like their guy is attempting to do just that by using Hamer to lever himself up.

Seems Gus is getting more petulant as time goes on.

Lord_Nampil

If your legs were being held like Hamer were what would you do??

If I was trying to free my legs I’d probably do what Hamer did… I don’t know if there’s a rule regarding if a player holds your legs like what happened to Hamer…

It’s hard to see how it could be over turned, but if there is a rule regarding a player holding the others players legs like that I guess it could be??

Think though a 4 match ban is coming…

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I don't get what people don't see in Hamer. He's infuriating, can be sloppy, but the talent is obvious. We're a better team when he's playing.
But he spends less and less time playing because of suspensions. Even then he often can't play to his full because he's picked up a stupid unnecessary booking.

Surely anybody would have worked out by now that what he's doing isn't helping his game, reputation or the team. And if he really can't control himself for even that short amount of time without the red mist descending then he's got the mentality of a toddler.

mark82

So you are happy his indiscipline has cost us his services for 4 games? Thanks just making sure we are clear

I was upset with the Millwall one. I don't see today's as a red and there wasn't any intent. That's my opinion, it may differ to others, that's fine. We're a worse team without him though.

cowboy1850

Hamer and Gyokeres need to be sold. Their value is now decreasing in a struggling club and they won't stick around in League One.

pusbccfc

What's ironic is, Hamer does what the rest of our team doesn't. The issue is he takes it too far.

We are so soft. We let others get away with murder.

Users who are viewing this thread