Hamer (11 Viewers)

skyblu3sk

Need a signing every four days I reckon.
Make It Rain Money GIF by Tim and Eric

MikeyMoo

They must have known there was a likelihood both would go and have contingency plans. Yes it would be better if they'd both gone at the start of the Window, but clubs have big movements on the very last day of the Window, so perhaps 20 days is plenty of time to bring in another midfielder and 3-4 loan signings.

Grendel

what a difference a year makes - written off on here by a couple of the usual experts just 1 year ago after the red card at Millwall.

How do you manage to type with all those splinters up your arse Danny?

no_loyalty

Hamer can’t find a decent golf course in the Sheffield area, so has told them to stick the £45k per week up their arse 😂.

Grendel

skyblu3sk

I don’t think anyone wrote him off but equally the reaction on here now is ridiculous
What reaction? I'm seeing people gutted about losing a player who along with Gyok made us tick last year. I don't think there's much argument in that. How we replace is going to be key as always.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

I don’t think anyone wrote him off but equally the reaction on here now is ridiculous
No denying he's had a tremendous last six months, no denying he's always produced some great games before, but also been erratic and his temperament did let hm down.

To get to Gyokeres type transfer fees, he'd have needed to reproduce the past six months for the coming season too, but that's not much use to us!

clint van damme

what a difference a year makes - written off on here by a couple of the usual experts just 1 year ago after the red card at Millwall.

Not sure how you expect people to react after his stupidity cost us the game.
Don't think anyonewrit him off but we're pissed off with his indiscipline.
And the same happened againat blues, after that the penny dropped and he was fantastic for us.

Grendel

What reaction? I'm seeing people gutted about losing a player who along with Gus made us tick last year. I don't think there's much argument in that. How we replace is going to be key as always.

Having tributes in the 38 minute? Predicting a struggle this season, best player in 50 years

It seems we have £10m assured as a fee which given we’d have lost him for nothing is tremendous value

skyblu3sk

Having tributes in the 38 minute? Predicting a struggle this season, best player in 50 years

It seems we have £10m assured as a fee which given we’d have lost him for nothing is tremendous value
I wouldn't predict a struggle this season but I think we have lost our core so I'd be surprised to see us make the play offs. He is one of the best players we have had since we dropped out the premiership. There can't be any argument on that. I think the fee is decent no arguments from me.

shmmeee

Jesus you're morphing into Matt Smith

We wanted another six at one point didn’t we? I think bare minimum we already wanted two and would realistically need two to replace Gus. I just think we may need a loan RWB while van Ewijk finds his feet.

rhino1002

I find it very strange that a lot of people on this and other forums think we should follow the Brentford et al formula and buy players at low cost develop them and then sell big and then when we do that the place goes into meltdown
Think we need to make up our minds
Vik and Gus have been great for us
Let's move on and up

Bad Boy

No denying he's had a tremendous last six months, no denying he's always produced some great games before, but also been erratic and his temperament did let hm down.

To get to Gyokeres type transfer fees, he'd have needed to reproduce the past six months for the coming season too, but that's not much use to us!
It's interesting that Burnley Leeds and Sheffield United (allegedly) were the only teams to come calling.

I would have thought the likes of Brighton Brentford and Fulham, maybe others might of but perhaps they weren't prepared to pay the price or simply don't rate him.

It's academic now, he looks like he's gone, so that's the end of my interest in him.

Trot on.

Last edited:

Skyblueweeman

To be fair, there was a post that I posted where I quoted you about 10 times, literally questioning Hamer and his ability.

I don't have a spreadie and can't be arsed to find it but I remember the rare times you pipe down.

Jamesimus

It was a joke.

Trolling? All this nonsense narrative of loving the club, the area, the family issues

Just nonsense isn’t it

I have no care about it - it’s what footballers do - move and maximise earnings when they can - surprise surprise

To make out his a saint and doing us a favour by not leaving for free.

Do me a favour

Attachments

• download (1).jpeg
    download (1).jpeg
    7.7 KB · Views: 44

Grendel

Bring it back!!!

Why - one bloke on here is giving it large and he said Dabo was worth £10m but we would have to play him at LWB to accommodate Todd Kane

Another big Hamer fan said he’d drop him and play Kelly

Post Birmingham thread the general view was to get rid of him for £3m

I’m sure I can find it myself

As if I give a fuck

Evo1883

Why - one bloke on here is giving it large and he said Dabo was worth £10m but we would have to play him at LWB to accommodate Todd Kane

As if I give a fuck
It's a big loss but as you say the money is good considering the length of contract ..

We will be fine , but maybe not straight away

covmark

We wanted another six at one point didn’t we? I think bare minimum we already wanted two and would realistically need two to replace Gus. I just think we may need a loan RWB while van Ewijk finds his feet.
At Leicester Robins said we were towards the end, recruitment wise. This season may be one of transition due to the calibre of player we've lost. In the long run though, we'll be in a really good place due to the fees we've acquired. There's no need for the mass hysteria that's been on show today.

BackRoomRummermill

The dark days when we hoped we would get TV money of 50k in L2 … hell yea … the clubs status and 10 M is dreamland to me

skyblu3sk

As if I give a fuck
£3m 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

chiefdave

has he actually gone yet or are they waiting to do an on the pitch announcement at 12:25 tomorrow to maximise how depressed we all feel

blunted

If Gus goes good luck. Once he is at another team that's it game over, some love, but time to move on. The King is dead, Long live the King. Unfortunate clash of names

Users who are viewing this thread