Hamer (6 Viewers)

Londonccfcfan

McNally was excellent and a massive step up from Hyam and Rose. If Hyam went for a million, McNally is easily worth 3 million imo
McNally wasnt a MASSIVe step up from Hyam. Yes big step up from Rose agreed.

I think Hyam went for over £2M and is worth probably double that now hes an international and was their player of the season.

Pete in Portugal

21 games playing for a minor team in league 2

51 games playing in league 1

No experience of playing in Championship

He'd have to be rated as an outstanding prospect to be valued at £1m. He might be, but I think it's unlikely, given his career to date.

I think Burnley are overvaluing him, and to a lesser extent McNally, in order to reduce the cash element.

Balli001

21 games playing for a minor team in league 2

51 games playing in league 1

No experience of playing in Championship

He'd have to be rated as an outstanding prospect to be valued at £1m. He might be, but I think it's unlikely, given his career to date.

I think Burnley are overvaluing him, and to a lesser extent McNally, in order to reduce the cash element.
Neither had mcnally or Doyle until last season

SleepyGinger

As for the chances of Hamer signing a new contract at City, Robins said: "Look, that's something that he knows where we stand and he knows where he stands, and we just get on with things. There's a massive respect there from him. He respects everything we do and have done for him, and continue to do, and I think that's something that. you know, the way that he is and the way that he works, that's why everyone loves him because his attitude is good.

"He works with everyone and doesn't pull against anyone. He's not shown any dissent. He is coming into the last year of his contract so he knows where he sits, but he also knows that we want him and would like him to stay for at least another 12 months, and then let's see where we are after that.

Hertsccfc

McNally was excellent and a massive step up from Hyam and Rose. If Hyam went for a million, McNally is easily worth 3 million imo
As I said he is a good defender. However his passing was poor and I think this season we may want to play more of a passing game rather than the long ball to Gyokeres approach of parts of last season.

shmmeee

His passing isn’t very good

He runs himself into trouble as well. You can see why he didn’t play for Burnley. I think people rate him a bit higher because of how poor our RCB position was since Hyam left. He’s very good, but he’s not worth more than Ellis Simms.

Balli001

He runs himself into trouble as well. You can see why he didn’t play for Burnley. I think people rate him a bit higher because of how poor our RCB position was since Hyam left. He’s very good, but he’s not worth more than Ellis Simms.
No I rate him highly because he is an excellent defender

Flying Fokker

91 pages of baseless speculation, great work everyone.
It's good isn't it? We aren't talking about SISU, administration, Timmy, Joy, Northampton, Birmingham, NOPM, Loyal fans, shit managers, shit owners or anything like that. What a refreshing change.

Here's hoping there is some more stuff going on in the background. In the meantime, I'm happy with the way things are!

shmmeee

Both. Clearly he has a valuation I don't deny that but I'd go to 4 million.

Up front? For me we’ve just paid £3.5m for a young striker who has played in the Prem and was on for 20 goals last season, I wouldn’t pay more for an older defender who has only made it above L1 with us.

Reactions: SBT

Balli001

Up front? For me we’ve just paid £3.5m for a young striker who has played in the Prem and was on for 20 goals last season, I wouldn’t pay more for an older defender who has only made it above L1 with us.
But simms is up to 8 million.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

It's good isn't it? We aren't talking about SISU, administration, Timmy, Joy, Northampton, Birmingham, NOPM, Loyal fans, shit managers, shit owners or anything like that. What a refreshing change.

Here's hoping there is some more stuff going on in the background. In the meantime, I'm happy with the way things are!
Yeah this arguing over football matters is tedious…

Where’s the stadium ownership arguments ffs

fernandopartridge

Hyam was good at passing - behind his wingback and onto his wrong foot.
That's exactly what I was thinking about, the amount of times he failed to play the ball at the right time into the player's path and it broke our momentum.

Can't remember that being an issue with McNally and can't remember a pass from Hyam at anywhere near the level as the one McNally made to play Gyokeres in for the first goal v Sunderland.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Balli001

If we play on the moon or whatever. In a cash plus players deal McNally would only be worth the up front fee.

Say £2m rising to £4m with add ons I’d be OK with.
They paid 2 and he now has half a season championship experience.

Londonccfcfan

When you think about it Hyam what a signing that was. Did the whole journey with us up the leagues. Signed for peanuts as decelopement player. Sold for upwards of £2.5M profit potentially more to come. And we got 5 years good service out of him.

If we can half of that service/contribution/profit from any of our new defenders will be great.

Old Warwickshire lad

Think we are looking at McNally through sky blue tinted glasses.
He was good yea,but not that good when he first came.
Plenty of mistakes in him at the start. We improved him and he was becoming a good prospect by the end of the season.He has a lot of improving to do.
Personally I think Burnley paid too much for him.

Skyblueweeman

When you think about it Hyam what a signing that was. Did the whole journey with us up the leagues. Signed for peanuts as decelopement player. Sold for upwards of £2.5M profit potentially more to come. And we got 5 years good service out of him.

If we can half of that service/contribution/profit from any of our new defenders will be great.
Wait, what? We didn't get over £2.5m for Hyam??

Jamesimus

Think we are looking at McNally through sky blue tinted glasses.
He was good yea,but not that good when he first came.
Plenty of mistakes in him at the start. We improved him and he was becoming a good prospect by the end of the season.He has a lot of improving to do.
Personally I think Burnley paid too much for him.

Hmm, think he was pretty good straight away, no?

Skyblueweeman

Wowzers - didn't see that.

And all those that moaned that we sold him for peanuts/next to nothing when it happened.

Just shows that no one really knows what's going on.

Grendel

Wowzers - didn't see that.

And all those that moaned that we sold him for peanuts/next to nothing when it happened.

Just shows that no one really knows what's going on.

It was a one off payment of around £1.8 million

Users who are viewing this thread