Hamer (8 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

I’ve not said that at all. I think he’s a decent defender. I just don’t think he’s worth £4m up front.
Maybe not in absolute, but knows the group and is established at this level. If they feel good ceiling is higher, we have the money, and we value some stability from last season, maybe it's worth it to us, if not in objective terms?

Grendel

Controversial but Dominic Hyam is criminally underrated by some fans on this board, he was great for us

He wasn’t missed at all

Frostie

Only the football geniuses of SBT could claim the player on the right is a better passer than the one on the left.

Anyway. Back to Hamer.

Please.

View attachment 30769
You have to take into account the styles of play etc. of both the individual & the team too.

I think surely everyone would agree that Callum Doyle is one of the best ball playing defenders at this level? However those stats you posted would show him as vastly inferior to Hyam.

Balli001

You have to take into account the styles of play etc. of both the individual & the team too.

I think surely everyone would agree that Callum Doyle is one of the best ball playing defenders at this level? However those stats you posted would show him as vastly inferior to Hyam.
You can't mention that. His spreadsheets will blow up

Matt smith

McNally is good I like him but so is Hyam

both fairly similar in ability, genuinely don’t see how McNally is so much better as some argue

Hyam got player of the year first season at Blackburn, captain also

Grendel

Don't know why I bit yesterday, he's incredibly tedious

It’s a slightly odd take as I didn’t actually cause any argument

You made a silly comment that McNally was worth less than £2 million

The whoscored.com site has McNally with an overall rating of 7.34 as the 4th highest player in the championship last season - what’s your thoughts on that?

Grendel

Balli001

I’ve not said that at all. I think he’s a decent defender. I just don’t think he’s worth £4m up front.
But you haven't named a single defender who you would spend that amount on. We know mcnally, he knows the club and the league and he has great ability and potential. Not sure what your expecting tbh

shmmeee

But you haven't named a single defender who you would spend that amount on. We know mcnally, he knows the club and the league and he has great ability and potential. Not sure what your expecting tbh

Im not a scout. I get you love him, I just don’t think we should have our pants down on the Gus fee because of that.

Balli001

Im not a scout. I get you love him, I just don’t think we should have our pants down on the Gus fee because of that.
But you are happy to turn down mcnally to spunk millions on an unknown defender
Yet you say you don't want to have out pants down.....

RegTheDonk

I didn't say he was only worth £5m, I said up until the last 6 months of the season he would have only attracted a fee of ~£5m but his performances in the last few months have elevated his value much higher.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
Sorry I've obviously read that wrong.

PVA

Yes of course, and the stats show that Doyle makes significantly more key passes, passes into final third/the penalty area etc. As you'd expect.

Users who are viewing this thread