Hamer (5 Viewers)

Evo1883

I'd play Eccles and Sheaf for now although I know it will be Kelly and sheaf ..

Neither is ideal but sheaf will have to try and play a more advanced role at times

ptr

Also can’t wait for the ‘should have paid him the couple grand extra a week’ comments. Quite obviously the club would have offered him everything they can. Player wants to play in premier league, contract up at end of year - deal makes sense for all parties, nobody can complain. He is on a premier league wage now that we simply could not offer.

Time for Sheaf to step up even more now and the sooner we can get O’Hare back for and ready, the better.

Martin180

If we’re playing Sakamoto as an AM we need a LCB, a RWB a ST and two CMs. Even with a couple of loans it’s a fair bit of business to do when the season has started and everyone knows you’ve got £15-20m burning a hole in your pocket.
Kitching I think will happen . The club will have lined up replacements for Gus as well . Can see a couple more loanees coming in as well

Yorkshire SB

Although in the blink of an eye we have gone from Midfield being our most sorted position to our significantly weakest. I can see Robins bringing 2 in.
Yep we definitely need two CMs in (I don’t want Kelly being relied on too often) and we need to focus on this being a 2-3 year project.

SeaSeeEffCee

Fairly pissed off this is happening now and not a month ago tbh. 2 and a half weeks to find a replacement with all selling clubs knowing we’re desperate and have money.

Selling your best player the day before your first home game of the season is also shite.

Evo1883

I'd like to see a signing by early next week to cheer me up , middlesbrough fans will be buzzing too I'm sure

Evo1883

Fairly pissed off this is happening now and not a month ago tbh. 2 and a half weeks to find a replacement with all selling clubs knowing we’re desperate and have money.

Selling your best player the day before your first home game of the season is also shite.
But as with vik , they've held out for the money they wanted and for that we've done the right thing , I've no doubt the club have tried everything

shmmeee

I think he has to now, and worth keeping in mind the Hamer who first arrived had clear talent but wasn’t an immediate finished article. I’d be quite happy to see similar signings come in given that a direct replacement won’t be within our budget.

Let’s be honest, none of our signings so far have looked close to even Hamer in his first game.

SHUNT31

This the Kelly who was brilliant at the end of last season?
For the last 4/5 games he did a job.

The Kelly I am on about is the one that was way out of his depth against Leicester and didn’t play particularly well against Wimbledon either. He offers no creativity and isn’t good defensively. Not a player you’d want if you are aiming for PO’s 3/5 years.

Martin180

I don't think we've done it by choice

David O'Day

For the last 4/5 games he did a job.

The Kelly I am on about is the one that was way out of his depth against Leicester and didn’t play particularly well against Wimbledon either. He offers no creativity and isn’t good defensively. Not a player you’d want if you are aiming for PO’s 3/5 years.
He was good, no one is saying he should be a 40 game a season regular but he can still do a job.

Reactions: Seb

Skyblueweeman

I said from the start that he was going to be a quality player. He proved to be that and more. Despite some questionable disciplinary issues at points, he's been nothing short of fantastic for us. It's not often you get a player with such class that can grab a team by the scruff of the neck and make them tick - genuinely feel that's what Gus did with us last season after his early season red cards.

Gutted to see him go. Slightly disappointed in the timing of it and the fact that he seemingly held out for a better offer but it is what it is. Kinda like the Harry Kane saga but lite version. Spurs and us lose arguably our best players, early in the season, some cash to bring in new players but probably could've done with it a few weeks ago.

If true, cheers for the memories Gus.

ms639

Gave me some of the best moments of my footballing life. Deserves his shot at the big time.

Watching him at Wimbledon the other night it was clear he’s just gone to another level.

A sublime footballer

Goodbye for now my Brazilian prince.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

If we’re playing Sakamoto as an AM we need a LCB, a RWB a ST and two CMs. Even with a couple of loans it’s a fair bit of business to do when the season has started and everyone knows you’ve got £15-20m burning a hole in your pocket.
I don’t think it works like that but getting the right players for the long term after season started becomes a pressure. It’s not 31/8 though

Users who are viewing this thread