Happy 31st Anniversary! (1 Viewer)

Esoterica

WA6151649.jpg

oucho

The bloke on the left looks like Steve Bruce circa 2018

Reactions: vow

NortonSkyBlue

Great memories, nothing compares as yet(not even the Checkatrade...).
This was the best day of my life, shared with my late father and my fellow Coventrians.
Last month at Notts County when Brian Kilcline came on to pitch I was surprised at the lukewarm reception he got from our supporters. I guess most wouldn't know of him.

matesx

I simply cannot believe that was 31 years ago! What a day. Although I regret getting so pissed pre match as the match itself is a bit of blur.

bezzer

After the birth of my children, it was the best day of my life.

On the M1 by 8am. Parked up at a GEC car-park by 11 and then up and down Wembley Way a couple of times. City fans in such high spirits. Queuing to get in, up the steps for my first view of the pitch, what a sight. The wait for the game flew by, Abide with me sung with gusto, as was the National anthem. The game went so quickly. Houch's goal in front of us, WOW, just WOW. I was hoarse by the end, had cried for the first time since I was a kid. The walk back from the ground was surreal, singing, dancing and shaking hands with Spurs fans. Heading back up the motorway seeing loads of people waving at us from bridges. The queue down Walsgrave road to home was amazing, so many people out waving and cheering. Straight down The Painted Lady where many many pints of Brew XI were consumed.

Still get goosebumps thinking about it......

The Great Eastern

After the birth of my children, it was the best day of my life.

On the M1 by 8am. Parked up at a GEC car-park by 11 and then up and down Wembley Way a couple of times. City fans in such high spirits. Queuing to get in, up the steps for my first view of the pitch, what a sight. The wait for the game flew by, Abide with me sung with gusto, as was the National anthem. The game went so quickly. Houch's goal in front of us, WOW, just WOW. I was hoarse by the end, had cried for the first time since I was a kid. The walk back from the ground was surreal, singing, dancing and shaking hands with Spurs fans. Heading back up the motorway seeing loads of people waving at us from bridges. The queue down Walsgrave road to home was amazing, so many people out waving and cheering. Straight down The Painted Lady where many many pints of Brew XI were consumed.

Still get goosebumps thinking about it......
Even with winning the FA cup, how could you bring yourself to drink 'many, many pints of Brew XI ??? That was the biggest load of hoss piss produced in the Midlands then having the utter cheek to call it beer....

bezzer

Even with winning the FA cup, how could you bring yourself to drink 'many, many pints of Brew XI ??? That was the biggest load of hoss piss produced in the Midlands then having the utter cheek to call it beer....

In it's day, Brew XI was a mighty fine pint. Even better after 4 or 5 when you couldn't care less what you were drinking!

jimmyhillsfanclub

I'd never noticed Snoz's Sky Blue socks before. Wonder if David Pleat had white ones on? :D

Good spot sir....love it.

Iirc pleat wore flesh coloured long stocking socks.....certainly on the day he skipped across the Luton pitch.....The fucking weirdo

sylus

In it's day, Brew XI was a mighty fine pint. Even better after 4 or 5 when you couldn't care less what you were drinking!

Back in the day i occasionally enjoyed a pint of bitter or two,Preferred Ansells myself,but Brew XI was fine.

wingy

Back in the day i occasionally enjoyed a pint of bitter or two,Preferred Ansells myself,but Brew XI was fine.
Yeah it was nice to have a change when not in an M&B establishment .
If you can't beat em, join em!

Ashdown

Fucksake I was 20 then and fit as a flea . Hobbling now tonight having pulled a calf muscle on a tennis court today. What happened ?!

Users who are viewing this thread