Happy Fathers Day (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I've had 7 kids - all grown up with kids of their own - and I treasure them all. Had some nice cards as well. Oh, and my old man died 45 years ago and he would now be in his 100th year! Bless ya Pops! (I very much doubt if he went to Heaven though! LOL!)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Cheers all
Happy Father's Day to all concerned
My dads 75 starting to get a bit forgetful (bit of a worry had him checked for dementia ) but results came back clear
Doctors suggested it was just old age
It sounds dead cheesy but he is my hero and if I finish to be half tje man he is I will be a happy man

Also raise a glass to the dads who aren't around anymore
Cheers all

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

My 2nd Father's Day as my lad was 1 day old last year & is now 1 today.

Got the new City home shirt off him seems at 1 he didn't understand my thoughts on it! :)

The biggest thing of the last year I have learnt is how much my parents did for me & set me up to be the person you are going to be in life!

Hope I can do with my Son half the job of what my dads done with me and he will be an alright lad if I can say so myself!;)

But I hope all the dads enjoyed their day & it doesn't need a special day but does make you that little bit more grateful for what your own old man did/does for you & how important a role model he is.

Pipehitterz

Father to 3 beautiful girls
My old man is still about 76 years old.
Unfortunately he got mugged on Ball Hill saturday so not the greatest father's day for him
So bloody difficult to buy for tho, being that age there's Little he wants or needs , I ended up getting him £20 worth of lotto tickets stuffed in a Darth Vader card , told him I have 10%buyers fee if successful

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Unfortunately he got mugged on Ball Hill saturday so not the greatest father's day for him
So bloody difficult to buy for tho, being that age there's Little he wants or needs , I ended up getting him £20 worth of lotto tickets stuffed in a Darth Vader card , told him I have 10%buyers fee if successful

Oh mate horrible to hear that hope he's as well as he can given the circumstances.

Would ask if any Luck into who did it but I would hazard a guess at no unless they were caught at the time!
Really sorry to hear that!

Houchens Head

Sorry to hear about your Pop being mugged. Hope he's ok. It simply shouldn't happen to our older folk. Absolute cowards whoever did this!

Pipehitterz

Thanks for the concern.
Happily he was unharmed . It was a European couple outside natwest bank, used distraction tactics and had his debit card Away .
They must have seen his pin when he used the Hole in the wall , manhandled him a Little to distract the theft,
He only found out when he went back to the cashpoint to get a mini statement , and the card was already lifted.
Went into the bank and they checked but they'd already withdrawn 230quid out his account
Natwest was spot on , immediately gave him his money back and got the police etc.
It upset the old man more than anything , as you can imagine he said HE felt a Little stupid and old , but no harm other than pride.
Really sad when someone has to Rob an old man just to get a couple hundred quid , I can't imagine the police will do much , they aren't much of a force anymore.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Thanks for the concern.
Happily he was unharmed . It was a European couple outside natwest bank, used distraction tactics and had his debit card Away .
They must have seen his pin when he used the Hole in the wall , manhandled him a Little to distract the theft,
He only found out when he went back to the cashpoint to get a mini statement , and the card was already lifted.
Went into the bank and they checked but they'd already withdrawn 230quid out his account
Natwest was spot on , immediately gave him his money back and got the police etc.
It upset the old man more than anything , as you can imagine he said HE felt a Little stupid and old , but no harm other than pride.
Really sad when someone has to Rob an old man just to get a couple hundred quid , I can't imagine the police will do much , they aren't much of a force anymore.
Still bloody disgraceful
Hope your dads not too shook up by the events

Pipehitterz

Still bloody disgraceful
Hope your dads not too shook up by the events
Luckily for me he's the most fearless man i've ever met so he's managed to brush it off , but I know it must have hurt him , i'll keep an eye on him for sure
Thanks everyone again. It is horrible that we live in this kind of world

Pipehitterz

Just a quick update.
Police contacted us today to tell us they aren't investigating.

Sad thing is I'm not surprised. They stated , seeing as the bank gave him the money back , there's no real crime to see here.

Anyone fancy getting a high paid career may as well take up mugging old people , seems you can do it legally now

Houchens Head

Just a quick update.

Sad thing is I'm not surprised. They stated , seeing as the bank gave him the money back , there's no real crime to see here.

Anyone fancy getting a high paid career may as well take up mugging old people , seems you can do it legally now
But surely a crime has been committed! It's the crime of theft by fraud! Even if your dad got his money back from the bank, the bank are now losing their money through theft! Where do the police draw the line and decide a crime is a crime?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Just a quick update.

Wow, scary sign of the times!

Users who are viewing this thread