Have acl got sisu by the balls? (1 Viewer)

Senior Vick from Alicante

Just a quick one to throw out to the sharper minds on the forum. If SISU are saying to the administrator and the League that they should be awarded the golden share because they are linked intellectually to the part of the club that's currently in administration then ACL have got them by the balls as far as the arena contract goes. Surely in a court of law you can not say you are the club because it gets you what you want and then say your not the club because you don't want the lease? Wouldn't a judge find in favour of ACL as SISU want the administrator and the league to recognise them as the club but in the case of the law of the land they don't.

wingy

Just a quick one to throw out to the sharper minds on the forum. If SISU are saying to the administrator and the League that they should be awarded the golden share because they are linked intellectually to the part of the club that's currently in administration then ACL have got them by the balls as far as the arena contract goes. Surely in a court of law you can not say you are the club because it gets you what you want and then say your not the club because you don't want the lease? Wouldn't a judge find in favour of ACL as SISU want the administrator and the league to recognise them as the club but in the case of the law of the land they don't.
I've always felt this dual argument will be the undoing .what you argue to achieve with the governing Body ,surely exposes the Legal challenge ,but wouldn't ACL have influenced on that earlier or have to wait for the Admin process to complete.

Senior Vick from Alicante

I've always felt this dual argument will be the undoing .what you argue to achieve with the governing Body ,surely exposes the Legal challenge ,but wouldn't ACL have influenced on that earlier or have to wait for the Admin process to complete.

I think they have been keeping their powder dry. I have said it all along that this is going to get really shitty and has a long way to run. If they inform the league that this is their legal position and it stands up surely the league would be implicated in helping to break the lease, or not, and as such would be open to legal action as ACL say their contract is with the club and not just the part in admin.

blueflint

I think they have been keeping their powder dry. I have said it all along that this is going to get really shitty and has a long way to run. If they inform the league that this is their legal position and it stands up surely the league would be implicated in helping to break the lease, or not, and as such would be open to legal action as ACL say their contract is with the club and not just the part in admin.[/QUOTE

ACL meet the fa on monday watch this space may be beneficial

chiefdave

I've always thought this, you can't cherry pick the bits of Ltd you want either as that would clearly be asset stripping. I think ACL will argue that the lease is tied to the football club and as the share moves around so does the lease.

James Smith

I've always thought this, you can't cherry pick the bits of Ltd you want either as that would clearly be asset stripping. I think ACL will argue that the lease is tied to the football club and as the share moves around so does the lease.
Ooh asset stripping but wait Ltd has no assets it's non-trading property subsidiary.....

J

Jack Griffin

Yeah, makes sense.. I can't understand why the court has not ruled that the companies comprising CCFC are not inextricably linked, as happened at Portsmouth.

Despite the statements to the contrary they don't seem to have clear purposes & even SISU have publicly stated that paperwork hasn't been in order.. well maybe in fact the reason for that is that they were running one business from 2 companies with very blurred boundaries.

Snozz_is_god

I think this is all going to get very dirty, with legally actions all over the place, this is just the beginning.

It's a bit like one of those old black and white movies, where someone throws a custard pie and before you know it it's massive pie fight.

James Smith

dongonzalos

I think this is all going to get very dirty, with legally actions all over the place, this is just the beginning.

It's a bit like one of those old black and white movies, where someone throws a custard pie and before you know it it's massive pie fight.

This on will be more like

' few dollars more than laurel and hardy'

J

Jack Griffin

The unused ending of Dr Strangelove or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Strangelove#Original_ending:_the_pie_fight

Yeee Hawwwwwwwwwww! Sixfields here we come!
strangelove.jpg

James Smith

Yeee Hawwwwwwwwwww! Sixfields here we come!
strangelove.jpg
We'll meet again don't know where don't know when, but I know we'll meet again some Saturday afternoon.

:blue:

Users who are viewing this thread