Have we approached Murphy yet? (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Seems it may all depend on Westwood (and therefore his wages) go to Sunderland.
Hope it pushes through quickly so we don't miss Murphy who is a pretty good keeper and available , like Westwood on a free.

CovScott88

I don't believe we have actually offered him a contract yet. I guess that will depend of Westy's decision. Which incidently, he needs to hurry up and make either way as we could potentially be missing out on decent free transfer replacements.

Marty

If we haven't made an offer for Murphy then we really need to, hes not going to be hanging around for long. All 3 of them are taking the piss by leaving us like this, I think were now getting to the stage where we seriously need to be thinking about withdrawing the contract offers and looking else where.

Skyblueheff

I think Murphy and Westwood share the same agent, so all should be in control. Murphy probably knows more about whats going on with Westwood than us!

Skyblueheff

Remember reading about it last year when all of this started. Think they are both managed by Stellar Football LTD, not Stella Artois before that ones gets cracked! Might be wrong but just what I thought somebody had said,

Chipfat

Murphy will know exactly what his options are and AT would of been in contact with his agent about the player and getting information back regarding the players thoughts and interests of coming here. This is a very common thing and probably would of been sorted along time ago, so now all will be waiting for Westwoods situation to be sorted out before any news will break.

ccfc1973

I think AT knows that westie is going because whenever he mentions the contracts , he talks about king or gunnar but rarely mentions westie!
I think they have had long enough now to decide and they are just using us as a safety net while they wait for bigger contracts elsewhere

sparky

im not sure about murphy as i remember his kicking werent the best when they came down the ricoh and was it murphy in goal when king scored his 1st goal and it rolled underneath him when it was bloody freezing weather? best keeper ive seen this season who weve come up against wud b lonergon he was outstanding for preston against us! whats other peoples thoughts?

sky blue john

We all know Westy is going somewhere else so AT should just get on and sign Murphy before we get any serious competition for his signiture !!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread