Have we (or SISU) missed out financially with Bournemouth going up? (1 Viewer)

woody11462

As the thread suggests, have we missed out on a big pay day by them being promoted?

Andre Grey has just moved between championship clubs for 9 million. There appears to be more money then ever in that league. A rumour doing the rounds was that Middlesbrough were going to bid in excess of 10 million for Rhodes.

I know Wilson was linked with a few clubs over the summer but it was unlikely that anyone would take a punt when he was untested in the premier league. Now he's playing there and unless he suddenly sets the league on fire I can't see another premier league club making an offer. And he is unlikely to want to drop a division if a Championship club wants to take him. If Bournemouth hadn't gone up last year surely someone would've been making a massive offer for him this year and we would've got a reasonable slice of that if paper talk is to be believed. Imagine what TM could do with a much bigger budget.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

Bournemouth wont sell him for anything under 10 million so i wouldn't panic, what you should be asking is why when Pressley wanted to buy Andre gray from Luton for 350k did Waggott not push to make it happen. you cant judge wilson's ability in the prem from their first game and an away trip to liverpool i still think he will hit a good 15 this season and get an england call up its just a case of hitting his first

Terry Gibson's perm

Bournemouth wont sell him for anything under 10 million so i wouldn't panic, what you should be asking is why when Pressley wanted to buy Andre gray from Luton for 350k did Waggott not push to make it happen. you cant judge wilson's ability in the prem from their first game and an away trip to liverpool i still think he will hit a good 15 this season and get an england call up its just a case of hitting his first

I cant agree on this one I can't see him scoring 10 goals he needs to many chances to score and they won't create enough for him, also he could end up on the bench if they sign Defoe. But he is still worth 10 million plus to a team trying to get up, I could be wrong but I see Wilson as a player too good for the championship but not good enough for the prem but time will tell.

rupert_bear

Be interesting to see if TM gets any because I think Wilson might move on even soon and that's why they are sniffing round Defoe. I know Wilson has just signed a new deal but that just keeps his value up

stupot07

I cant agree on this one I can't see him scoring 10 goals he needs to many chances to score and they won't create enough for him, also he could end up on the bench if they sign Defoe. But he is still worth 10 million plus to a team trying to get up, I could be wrong but I see Wilson as a player too good for the championship but not good enough for the prem but time will tell.

Yep, i agree. His first touch is letting him down in the PL, you don't get enough time to allow for a poor first touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

woody11462

I agree he could yet do well in the premier league but what I'm thinking is if Bournemouth hadn't gone up we might have been seeing some of that money now to help TM with a promotion push.

Terry Gibson's perm

I think a lot of the talk of a big move in the summer was agent led to get a better deal at Bournemouth.

rupert_bear

You might be right there a January move is perhaps the more likely depending on where Bournemouth are. Though he played well against Liverpool though

Last edited:

wingy

Be interesting to see if TM gets any because I think Wilson might move on even soon and that's why they are sniffing round Defoe. I know Wilson has just signed a new deal but that just keeps his value up

Quite likely.
Where to though.
Someone down at Luton suggested a deal was already done and he was loaned back,doesn't sound very plausible though.
If that were the case,where's our MONEY?

Sick Boy

Massively deluded to say the least.

Terry Gibson's perm

Massively deluded to say the least.

In this mad world he is a 10 million plus footballer to a championship top end side but a million miles away from a full international there are at least 10 strikers ahead of him

Sick Boy

if charlie Austin can score 15 i dont see why wilson cant as for the england call up for a friendly or something its not hard to see Vardy, Nuggent, boothroyd, Kevin Davies, Ricky Lambert have all had call ups in recent years

I think that you are overestimating his ability. He will be lucky to score 10 goals this season. I agree with the comments elsewhere, he is too good for the Championship but not good enough for the Premiership

Terry Gibson's perm

if charlie Austin can score 15 i dont see why wilson cant as for the england call up for a friendly or something its not hard to see Vardy, Nuggent, boothroyd, Kevin Davies, Ricky Lambert have all had call ups in recent years

Austin is way ahead of Wilson as a finisher and footballer I am stunned nobody has signed him yet.

wingy

I think he's a bit one dimensional and teams at Orem level have the tools to nullify him.
We shall see,nothing would please me more than to be proved wrong.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

I think that you are overestimating his ability. He will be lucky to score 10 goals this season. I agree with the comments elsewhere, he is too good for the Championship but not good enough for the Premiership

maybe guess the only way to find out is to let the season unfold if he does fail at prem level i wouldn't be surprised to see him become a Celtic target

Astute

7 to go now.

That can't be right. Grendel has told us a few times that Bournemouth will regret not taking 10m for him as he won't score many in the Prem and will be worth less than the 3m that they paid SISU for him.

skybluetony176

That can't be right. Grendel has told us a few times that Bournemouth will regret not taking 10m for him as he won't score many in the Prem and will be worth less than the 3m that they paid SISU for him.

Apparently the first Coventry born player to score a hatrick in the premier league.

Grendel

Well I guess if he does succeed we will both be wrong will we not? However, one game it is and a West Ham fan I know genuinely believes they are relegation fodder.

covmark

The majority of your posts nowadays contain some sort of dig at grendel. I think you need to get help for your obsession.

Astute

The majority of your posts nowadays contain some sort of dig at grendel. I think you need to get help for your obsession.

I like the way he constantly has digs at me and others but you only mention the digs back or someone showing him to be wrong.

Astute

Well I guess if he does succeed we will both be wrong will we not? However, one game it is and a West Ham fan I know genuinely believes they are relegation fodder.

So a team that is cannon fodder only has average players at best? So that must mean that Charlie Adam isn't very good. And why am I wrong if you are? You said he would be worth less than they paid for him at the end of the season. I didn't. I disagreed with you.

hill83

Penis envy.

suddenly-sausages_o_897997.gif

Grendel

I like the way he constantly has digs at me and others but you only mention the digs back or someone showing him to be wrong.

I never have a dig at you.

Your "some would say Wilson was a one season wonder", "it's all Richardsons fault" "charitable donation" blah blah blah are obvious references.

I actually think without me on here you wouldn't even make a single post.

I provide your inspiration.

Grendel

So a team that is cannon fodder only has average players at best? So that must mean that Charlie Adam isn't very good. And why am I wrong if you are? You said he would be worth less than they paid for him at the end of the season. I didn't. I disagreed with you.

I refer to your comment we shouldn't have sold him. If he does succeed then of course the decision to sell was the correct one.

Astute

I never have a dig at you.

Your "some would say Wilson was a one season wonder", "it's all Richardsons fault" "charitable donation" blah blah blah are obvious references.

I actually think without me on here you wouldn't even make a single post.

I provide your inspiration.

So when did I ever say about Wilson being a one season wonder? That is the sort of comment you come out with. As in white elephants and SISU losing the JR on purpose. But your bitches on here try to stop your stupid comments being analysed.

Next you will be saying that Richardson didn't start our downfall.

Users who are viewing this thread