He has lost the dressing room (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

Maybe you need to get real and join us all in the real world.

The Boss is the Boss and if you don't like it, you know what to do!

"Let's all STICK Together" because it's the only way to move our club forward, onwards & upwards. PUSB

Never did get a reply from you yesterday. Did I prove you wrong? I thought you were in the know?

RoboCCFC90

I don't want Presso to get the boot but with all these rumours and the uncertainty, I feel a loss Saturday, with us dropping into the bottom three will be enough for the Club to act and give him the sack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord_Nampil

I don't want Presso to get the boot but with all these rumours and the uncertainty, I feel a loss Saturday, with us dropping into the bottom three will be enough for the Club to act and give him the sack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think ur right, it's last chance saloon sat!

Terry Gibson's perm

Or is this poor form a perfect smokescreen for Waggott and Fisher to continue to do Sisu's work without the distraction having to deal with the fans, although I want him gone now I think he will still be here at Xmas.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I still don't think he'll be gone even if we have a poor result on saturday. Who are the club going to replace him with? And who would want the job of trying to turn the club round to face the right direction?

Otis

Maybe I have missed it, but has anyone seen any of our players running over to the dugout to share any celebration of a goal we have scored?

The Penguin

I still don't think he'll be gone even if we have a poor result on saturday. Who are the club going to replace him with? And who would want the job of trying to turn the club round to face the right direction?

I'd happily take the job.

I mean, I have no real qualifications, and my experience extends to managing a senior primary school team to two consecutive district championships....

...but I wouldn't play 3-5-2 :)

Otis

I'd happily take the job.

I mean, I have no real qualifications, and my experience extends to managing a senior primary school team to two consecutive district championships....

...but I wouldn't play 3-5-2 :)

You're not Andy Thorn by any chance are you?

There are plenty of managers out there who'd take the Coventry City job. By League 1 standards it's a massive job. Big club, amazing ground and potentially large fan base waiting to be tapped into with some success on the pitch. If it all went wrong, there's the fall back of blaming the owners, off field uncertainties, etc. Win-win situation for a manager.
And whoever came in, I'd fancy they'd have better stats than the 10 wins in 40 odd games like it is now.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Just a thought but to sack him will mean paying/settling up a 4 year contract............. I don't see them spending the money

Also having made such a big thing of his appointment and the 4 year contract will they want rid 2 months later?

If he shows some flexibility in his tactics and formation then it shouldn't be necessary

Will be interesting at the Trust open meeting on 03/11/14 when the guest speaker is ............ Steven Pressley

duffer

The big flaw in this that I see is that Baker has been on, conservatively, £200k a year for a long time. I doubt he lives in Coventry or shops in Costco. I've no issue with either of those things btw (I like Aldi personally) but it's just that it seems a little unlikely.

Regardless of that, I think you can probably get away with being a bit of an ars*hole to your players if you're winning things. If you're not though, I suspect it doesn't take too long for players to begin to take exception to it, and eventually, to ignore it.

I suspect, in truth, that as an intelligent man Pressley has a bit more to him than a hair-dryer approach to man-management - if he hasn't he's not going to make it beyond this level of football because those days have gone, imho.

Grendel

The big flaw in this that I see is that Baker has been on, conservatively, £200k a year for a long time. I doubt he lives in Coventry or shops in Costco. I've no issue with either of those things btw (I like Aldi personally) but it's just that it seems a little unlikely.

Regardless of that, I think you can probably get away with being a bit of an ars*hole to your players if you're winning things. If you're not though, I suspect it doesn't take too long for players to begin to take exception to it, and eventually, to ignore it.

I suspect, in truth, that as an intelligent man Pressley has a bit more to him than a hair-dryer approach to man-management - if he hasn't he's not going to make it beyond this level of football because those days have gone, imho.

To be fair he lives I think in the housing estate on the Massey ferguson site .

duffer

To be fair he lives I think in the housing estate on the Massey ferguson site .

You could well be right, but I'd honestly be surprised - it's an OK place to pitch up, but it's not exactly mock-tudor and Bentleys.

I thought most of the senior players headed out to leafy Warwickshire or Leamington, so they could avoid bumping into blokes like me. Saying that, Marcus Hall is from Eastern Green I think, but then as a Cov kid he probably thinks that's posh. ;)

Nick

Administrator
Nothing wrong with Costco, it isn't like Aldi or places. Often see some decent cars parked up!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I thought Costco was a wholesale outlet like Bookers etc?

duffer

Nothing wrong with Costco, it isn't like Aldi or places. Often see some decent cars parked up!

There's nowt wrong with Aldi. Great chocolate, decent bike gear. But I don't bump into Wayne Rooney as often as I used to at Tescos. ;)

And in truth, I still don't see Baker pushing a big trolley around Costco, getting a pallet load of bog roll to save a fiver, but I'm happy to have my prejudices corrected - this is just an opinion, and I have been known to get it wrong. Rare, but it happens. :)

fernandopartridge

What do you mean by that? Nothing wrong with Aldi either. Most people have gotten over the absurd obsession of using where somebody shops as a barometer of class or wealth.

fernandopartridge

There's nowt wrong with Aldi. Great chocolate, decent bike gear. But I don't bump into Wayne Rooney as often as I used to at Tescos. ;)

And in truth, I still don't see Baker pushing a big trolley around Costco, getting a pallet load of bog roll to save a fiver, but I'm happy to have my prejudices corrected - this is just an opinion, and I have been known to get it wrong. Rare, but it happens. :)
Baker, despite earning good money for the last few years, probably didn't before then. He therefore probably shops more like a 'normal' person

Skyblueweeman

What do you mean by that? Nothing wrong with Aldi either. Most people have gotten over the absurd obsession of using where somebody shops as a barometer of class or wealth.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29735685

Scroll down, there's a graph with supermarkets market shares...the best growth in the past 5 years is from Aldi and Lidl.

So if a manager states we can't shop in Tescos we have to shop in Aldis....Sign of the times.

Evo1883

I can appreciate people disregarding the original post as a lie , thats fine people say things all the time etc etc .
carl baker lives in coventry and does shop at costco , but its not really my job to make you believe me is it, i have absolutely no reason to lie to you at all .
if i did lie and said well it was me that spoke to carl baker would it have been more believable for you.
and finally there are many properties in coventry that are valued very highly ,bit arrogant to suggest otherwise
You say you are rarely wrong , well on the childrens lives that i bought into this world ...carl baker spoke to my brother in costco yesterday .

Last edited:

ajsccfc

He's still asking questions about the local area on his Facebook, so it does look like he's still living around Meriden as he was with us.

ccfc92

Funnily enough Callum Wilson sings Pressley's praises in the CT today.

It would be interesting to find out what is going on behind the scenes.

Last season, we were in pretty good form, and performing well, so it's easy for CW to have positive memories and things to say about SP.

Maybe the atmosphere has changed amongst the players now?

Evo1883

I cannot believe for one minute that anyone here really believes we can get better thank SP? have you actually looked at the alternatives? talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Imagine for a moment that we did not have SP and he had the same outcome last season but with Crawley lets say, if we sacked our manager next week all the moaners would be saying "ah we need someone like that Pressly at Crawley!

give it 6 more games and we will be in the top 10 of the league, another 6 and we will be top 6 . . . but for gods sake give the guy a proper chance
To be fair he is getting longer than most managers would after winning 10 of the last 45 league games ... They gave him 4 years lol

wingy

He,s a ScouSer!!!

Users who are viewing this thread