Hendrix Album (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Watched an old edition of Flog It earlier today, the programme that gets people to sell stuff they no longer want. A woman had a large collection of Jimi Hendrix records, but brought along just one album,
Axis : Bold As Love. Anyway it went to auction and sold for £150.00
so a good result. I flogged Electric Ladyland a year ago for a tenner, they said most Hendrix vinyl sells for good prices at auctions. So anyone like me looking to flog records now you know where to go !

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
My missus had half a dozen 7" singles by John's Children. Her brother sold them for pennies. Who were John's Children? They were T Rex before they became famous. (Actually, they were Tyrannosaurus Rex after John's Children and then shortened it to T Rex). Those singles were worth a small fortune!
I have Unicorn by Tyrannosaurus Rex, but only on CD. Still worth a few bob! Would never sell it though. Early Bolan. Great stuff! (One of the tracks features a John Peel narration!)

Gazolba

Watched an old edition of Flog It earlier today, the programme that gets people to sell stuff they no longer want. A woman had a large collection of Jimi Hendrix records, but brought along just one album,
Axis : Bold As Love. Anyway it went to auction and sold for £150.00
so a good result. I flogged Electric Ladyland a year ago for a tenner, they said most Hendrix vinyl sells for good prices at auctions. So anyone like me looking to flog records now you know where to go !
With records it's all about condition. Collectors want mint album covers and unscratched vinyl. If you've looked though charity shop records, you know how rare those two things are. Most people treat their possesions very poorly.

Gazolba

My missus had half a dozen 7" singles by John's Children. Her brother sold them for pennies. Who were John's Children? They were T Rex before they became famous. (Actually, they were Tyrannosaurus Rex after John's Children and then shortened it to T Rex). Those singles were worth a small fortune!
I have Unicorn by Tyrannosaurus Rex, but only on CD. Still worth a few bob! Would never sell it though. Early Bolan. Great stuff! (One of the tracks features a John Peel narration!)
I must be one of the few people that remember John's Children. Here's a pretty good song by them:

bringbackrattles

With records it's all about condition. Collectors want mint album covers and unscratched vinyl. If you've looked though charity shop records, you know how rare those two things are. Most people treat their possesions very poorly.
Her Hendrix album that sold for £150.00 had a tatty sleeve cover. So obviously some collecters aren't too fussed.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I must be one of the few people that remember John's Children. Here's a pretty good song by them:

Thanks Gazolba! Great song. This was one of the songs my missus had in 7" vinyl. Great to hear Bolan's voice in the background!

Gazolba

Her Hendrix album that sold for £150.00 had a tatty sleeve cover. So obviously some collecters aren't too fussed.
Must have been a rare album then, or maybe someone had a good cover and a scratched record and just needed the vinyl.

bringbackrattles

Must have been a rare album then, or maybe someone had a good cover and a scratched record and just needed the vinyl.
No it wasn't a rare album. I was looking through mine tonight, and discovered I've got 2 ACDC vinyl albums,but without their sleeves ! Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, and Highway To Hell. I haven't a clue where the sleeves have gone, no way can I sell them like that !

Mcbean

No it wasn't a rare album. I was looking through mine tonight, and discovered I've got 2 ACDC vinyl albums,but without their sleeves ! Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, and Highway To Hell. I haven't a clue where the sleeves have gone, no way can I sell them like that !
Sell you both covers for enough to buy us a striker :)

Users who are viewing this thread