Higgs vs CCFC Court Row (1 Viewer)

J

Jack Griffin

I assume we will be able to read the judgement in full online next week.

skybluetony176

I've said all along this is a shared responsibility and as uncomfortable as it might be, one side can't take all the blame.

Ultimately, we all need to work out a SOLUTION rather than just back one side to win.

PUSB

And that's what the problem has been from the start.

ACL handed the olive branch out with the offer through the FL. It's now time to accept it and get around a table with the FL offer a starting point in negotiations.

Spionkop

Brighton, it is far more than personal. Come on. If Sisu offered a fair price for what's on offer the deal would still be done. They are just not prepared to pay the going rate. That's the whole of the problem.
Pay the rate and move on.

dongonzalos

Sisu should offer 4 million ACL demand 5.5
Meet in the middle at 4.75.

Drop the JR so the council don't veto it and get an independent valuation of the councils half.

They could get the combine lot for less than 10 million.

They would have small loan repayments to make to the council.

If they gamble on the JR and lose I think the council will just sit it out and say go on build your stadium.

They can use the JR now as leverage.

Unfortunately if they did this then they really would like they claim have to be in it for the long run.

A promotion and a break even minimum

Brighton Sky Blue

Brighton, it is far more than personal. Come on. If Sisu offered a fair price for what's on offer the deal would still be done. They are just not prepared to pay the going rate. That's the whole of the problem.
Pay the rate and move on.

Seppalla doesn't want to be seen to make a concession to the council-I'd say it looks quite personal to me.

Brighton Sky Blue

Of course it's personal, been personal for a fair while on both sides!

FWIW it does seem that Higgs are the collatoral damage, caught up in a shitstorm that they didn't start or intend.

I genuinely think they put in the £6m in good faith and expected it to be bought back not long after as otherwise that money would be held up rather than spent on the charity's main activities. Nobody could have foreseen this all those years ago.

Godiva

This ones for Godiva .

Well I guess that tells us what the package was ,and why the SISU mortgage buyout wilted .

The resulting divisions now In focus ,Higgs expected to sidestep for a Pittance.

Easy to see why they would Veto that one I would say.

Maybe - but what if ACL in financial terms really was worth nothing?
I mean, Sisu have put in some £40m give or take some small change, but if I was to value the club I would probably think it's worthless.

The Higgs vs Sisu case was not really about the value of ACL, so there was no attempt form either side to demonstrate (show caluculations etc) what they believed it was worth.

So let's fast forward to 2014.
Sisu repeatedly says: Let's each do an independent valuation. And when we have the results let's do an average and decide that to be the value of ACL. That's the price we will pay.

Maybe that's not a bad idea.

coop

If they'd of invested the money properly we would be sitting in the championship pushing for promotion or already be in the prem we will never no

stupot07

If they'd of invested the money properly we would be sitting in the championship pushing for promotion or already be in the prem we will never no

I very much doubt that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

wingy

I mean, Sisu have put in some £40m give or take some small change, but if I was to value the club I would probably think it's worthless.

The Higgs vs Sisu case was not really about the value of ACL, so there was no attempt form either side to demonstrate (show caluculations etc) what they believed it was worth.

Sisu repeatedly says: Let's each do an independent valuation. And when we have the results let's do an average and decide that to be the value of ACL. That's the price we will pay.

Seems bloody silly to me ,for £12M. ten years rent they get the turnover calcs they decree are necessary ,and pay the equivalent of below average L1 rent £120K over the 100 yr term .

Last edited:

coop

I very much doubt that.
Thats why I said you never no I no you would probably need more than 40 million but palace.blackpool and others never spent anywhere near that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

shmmeee

He doesn't actually make a judgement one way or another...

Your bias is showing.

He makes a judgement by saying there's no judgement to be made.

If you seriously look at that and come out with "ah, they're all the same" then you have serious issues IMO. Just because the case about the deal between Higgs and Sisu was a score draw, does not translate to the overall situation being a score draw, however much that would suit your fence sitting thus far.

For most people reading that (Joy threatening to liquidate, Sisu's ever decreasing offers compared to someone possibly, maybe, not sending an email) it will indeed confirm their belief that the owners of our club are, as another poster so eloquently put it, a bunch of chancers.

Nick

Administrator
Well, no. If you incurred costs thinking you were in candid discussions, and the other party offers an insult of a sum; you can turn it down but you've still lost out due to the costs you've got to pay

Funny you say this, have a read:

Costs: SISU acknowledges that the Charity will incur significantcosts, fees and expenses in evaluating SISU’s offer to purchase the
Shares, and in negotiating the transaction with SISU and its advisors.
Accordingly in the event that SISU withdraws its offer to purchase the
Shares, or the Charity withdraws from the negotiations as a result of
SISU seeking a reduction in the purchase price or seeking
unreasonable terms, or the Conditions Precedent cannot be met
(“Aborted Transaction”), SISU agrees to underwrite and be responsible
for all the Charity’s reasonable costs and expenses (including without
limitation the legal and other professional costs of PwC, Bates Wells &
Braithwaite LLP and Gateley LLP and all expenses and associated
VAT) incurred up to the point of a transaction with Clydesdale Bank
plc, to a maximum of £29,000. Underwriting of further costs will be
agreed once the transaction has progressed beyond discussions with
Clydesdale Bank.”

It says there that if it breaks down because of SISU taking the piss they will have to pay yet the judge seems to think they don't need to?

shmmeee

I think your Mum's ashes are worth nothing, will you give them to me?

No, and that's cool. You don't have a legal right to obtain everything at the price you decide.

How's about they shit or get off the pot?

If the club's a bust, then let it go bust. If we need a new stadium, then build a new stadium. All this "I'm leaving! Seriously!" crap is pathetic.

Making an offer isn't ripping them off is it? I could offer you £1 for your house, that isn't me ripping you off is it? I am not holding a gun to your head am I?

I will pay you £5.50p for your house, you agree and then I decide to only give you £2. You would feel a bit pissed off and tell me where to go. That is because you would think I am trying to rip you off.

Nick

Administrator
I will pay you £5.50p for your house, you agree and then I decide to only give you £2. You would feel a bit pissed off and tell me where to go. That is because you would think I am trying to rip you off.

It depends I guess, if £5.50 is "very significantly above the market value" or not. Besides, if it broke down because of SISU offering a low amount, it says they have to pay up yet the judge didn't force them?

If you had put a bid of £5.50 on my house but then found out I only thought it was worth a third of that, but as I am a great fan of yours and love you dearly I wouldn't rip you off, would I? I certainly wouldn't be annoyed, I would keep looking for other mugs or reduce my price ;)

olderskyblue

It says there that if it breaks down because of SISU taking the piss they will have to pay yet the judge seems to think they don't need to?

Then I don't think it's the highlighted part of that the Judge made his decision on.

olderskyblue

That's what I mean, surely the Judge thought that it wasn't just a case of SISU trying to take the piss, Higgs saying no etc.

Yes. I think that may have been Higgs reason, but there is nothing in there that states SISU will pay if they both appear not to want to go further with it.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Is this longer than the "Portsmouth thingy thread"? :thinking about: I was going to have a read through but then noticed there are (as I type) 2155 posts! (yawn.........)

wingy

What if after offering £5.50, you get told the co-owners of the house have already decided it's only worth £1.50?

You would'nt reck that deal and then cost yourself the other £4 over at least five years plus another £30 ,when for £12 over 99 years the deal would complete ,would you?

wingy

That's what I thought Nick.

Like I said before he seems to have taken heavy account of the Afters ,rather than Pre or During .

AFCCOVENTRY

Sisu don't think Higgs share is worth anything...but out of goodwill here's £2m...

Yet they talk about building a new stadium ... Are they going bully the builders and say "we don't believe you are worth the minimum wage, so you must build this stadium for free"

Last edited:
H

Huckerby

I dont side with sisu I side with ccfc which is why I still watch my team play. I dont side with acl or cc either. Which is why I dont care what thd outcome is as long as we go back. If that means sisu get the Ricoh on the cheap then fine.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thats exactly the kind of attitude these kind of wankers hope that fans adopt. Its the kind of attitude that gives them the confidence that holding a club ransom can get them exactly what they want at the expense of the taxpayer.

Don't get me wrong, I understand completely your thought process...it's just a shame you're so narrow minded.

It's spineless, it's weak, and it's selfish.

Nick

Administrator
Thats exactly the kind of attitude these kind of wankers hope that fans adopt. Its the kind of attitude that gives them the confidence that holding a club ransom can get them exactly what they want at the expense of the taxpayer.

Don't get me wrong, I understand completely your thought process...it's just a shame you're so narrow minded.

It's spineless, it's weak, and it's selfish.

Ahh.the old spineless crap.again.

Nick

Administrator

wingy

Hi guys, sorry I haven't had time to update directly!

Here's the full report http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/sisu-v-higgs-court-battle-6916957

The website is playing up a bit, so please be patient!

Thanks for your encouragement these past three days. It's been a real challenge.

And thanks for reading too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just one pull up Simon In the wording around Animosity from the council wheras In SISU's court papers It says the Labour Group IIRC .

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy
Nice one, have you seen the other documents on here? I guess you will have.

Day off tomorrow??

We've see. Some. Important to remember the skeleton argument is one side's view.

And no. I'm in at 7am! No rest for me!

Should be on Shane's show on BBC C&W tomorrow morning to talk about the case... That's if 100+ pages of posts and tweets hasn't bored you all enough already!

Nick

Administrator
We've see. Some. Important to remember the skeleton argument is one side's view.

And no. I'm in at 7am! No rest for me!

Should be on Shane's show on BBC C&W tomorrow morning to talk about the case... That's if 100+ pages of posts and tweets hasn't bored you all enough already!

Have you got access to the other sides also?

Users who are viewing this thread