Highfield Road Post-match Electronica (1 Viewer)

kapowaz

When I first started watching The City at Highfield Road in the early 90s I remember there was an electronica tune that was regularly played over the PA system after the match had ended as we all shuffled out in the cold and dark. I always wanted to find out what it was but never did (and Shazam didn’t exist yet), but nearly 30 years later I’ve just had this song come on randomly on Apple Music, and I’m about 95% certain this was the tune in question. It was apparently released in 1993 which is just about the right timing.

I always meant to ask Jim Twyneham (I went to school with his son Ben) but never got around to it, and he’s no longer with us so I assumed I’d never find out. Does it sound familiar to anyone else?

Tommo1993

Ha. When they showed the classic games during lockdown, I heard this after the Arsenal ‘99 game, the memories came flooding back. It’s now on my most played list.

kapowaz

Yeah that song just reminds me of the mid/late noughties, our decline from former-Premier League to battling administration and relegation in the Championship. Dowie, Coleman and terrible Puma kits.

Hullinho87

When I first started watching The City at Highfield Road in the early 90s I remember there was an electronica tune that was regularly played over the PA system after the match had ended as we all shuffled out in the cold and dark. I always wanted to find out what it was but never did (and Shazam didn’t exist yet), but nearly 30 years later I’ve just had this song come on randomly on Apple Music, and I’m about 95% certain this was the tune in question. It was apparently released in 1993 which is just about the right timing.

I always meant to ask Jim Twyneham (I went to school with his son Ben) but never got around to it, and he’s no longer with us so I assumed I’d never find out. Does it sound familiar to anyone else?

100% it was this track.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Please don't anyone put a link up for that bloody awful "Go For It, City"! So cringeworthy! 😂

Users who are viewing this thread