Highlights on now! (1 Viewer)

Bugsy

Nah... don't believe u...PUSB

Alkhen

Man I love that Thomas goal, proper beaut
Glad for Bigi, seems a nice lad... tho that celebration in slo-mo made him look possessed

Alkhen

I
Those highlights make it look we scored 1st and did bugger all for the 1st half - which wasn't the case IMO. Up in the Gods/On the Moon, I thought Oxford got their passing game going in the final 20 minutes of the half but we weren't in serious trouble.

Yeah I was tense but never felt like we were being battered first half, thought we sheparded them well, keeping them in places that wouldn't hurt us.

Never been that high up before but actually loved it, really got an overview impossible in most stadiums. You get to appreciate pockets of space and see the points were players have to gamble and break into it

Sky Blue Harry H

In that final melee in our box I hadn't got a scooby about what was happening, but I was convinced that it was going to end up in our net. Don't want to watch another replay of that moment otherwise it might next time! P.S. For all Bigi's critics - me too with his erratic passing - he was in the right place more than once when it counted!

AlansEyes

In that final melee in our box I hadn't got a scooby about what was happening, but I was convinced that it was going to end up in our net. Don't want to watch another replay of that moment otherwise it might next time! P.S. For all Bigi's critics - me too with his erratic passing - he was in the right place more than once when it counted!
I had no idea where the ball had gone and assumed it had ended up in the back of the net until I saw it in Burge's hands. If yesterday had been the first time I'd ever seen Burge play I'd think we had a cracking keeper in the making. That isn't meant as an insult. Let's hope he kicks on from here as yesterday I thought he was superb (and I must admit prior to kick off I would have rather seen RCC in goal).

chiefdave

Burge's distribution was a lot better yesterday. Coincidence that it happened at a big game or does he need to concentrate more.

Hopefully that gives him, and some of the others, a confidence boost and can kick on with their careers.

Sbarcher

Don't think I have ever seen us play so narrow. We gave both their wingers loads of space and seemed to invite their wide men forward. I know Wembley's a wide pitch, but being so high up in the middle section it looked like they had been told to keep narrow and tight and let them come on.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Did you still think they were gonna score last minute? The occupational hazard of being a Sky Blue!

Watched the highlights last night, and I never realized in real time how good that initial save was by Burge during the scramble - or how calm Bigi was. More I watch it, the better Bigi looked. What a day!!!!

covcity4life

oxford found it quite hard to break us down and create clear cut chances for first 70 mins or so. we pressed well and were organised with 2 banks of 4. the balls overtop found some success but overall i felt we were quite comfortable until they got some sustained pressure in final 20 mins

Users who are viewing this thread