Highway Code question (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

just had a lovely altercation with a lovely guy over whose right of way is it at a crossroads

Thoughts?

skyblueinBaku

It depends on several things : is it a major/minor road junction? Is it marked or unmarked? Which direction at the junction do the vehicles want to take?

wingy

Whoever approaches he double hatched white lines gives way.
Similar subject, mini Islands at T junctions?

AJB1983

Whoever has the least lines (hatched or otherwise) to cross to go in their intended direction should be allowed to go first.

stupot07

04fa50aa5b14c05acaec83f69b670ccd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

stupot07

Yep found that. Anyone else surprised by it?
When you consider the logic I'm not surprised. That's the way it works on some of the cross roads I use especially where there are traffic lights. That said, I know of a couple of cross roads where no one seems to use this and first come first served seems to be the unwritten rules.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

wingy

How about giving way to oncoming traffic when vehicles are parked on your side of the road?
See much of that?

Gazolba

I always let the other person go first. It's the safest way.
It's only awkward when the other person follows the same policy.

Captain Dart

Yep found that. Anyone else surprised by it?
Yes, most women drivers at crossroads don't seem to understand, they like to give way and hold up the traffic even though they've got right of way.

ccfc92

A question from my theory test: When approaching a long tunnel, what should you do?

A) Change to a lower gear B) Tune into the local radio station C) Put on your sunglasses D) Turn your headlights to main beam

No cheating :)

wingy

Er it's dark in there.
Tbf it should be mandatory for lights to be on during daylight, which seems to be the case with modern cars with Led's

Users who are viewing this thread