Hoff on the Hill? (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

You must be very proud of yourself.......

As you must be with your superior morality.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

shmmeee

Northants police are reporting 6 on the hill on their twitter. 2 locals arrested for class A drug possession with intent to supply. Absolutely disgraceful.

More lies Grappa? It's getting kind of sad now.

ccfcway

The people who go and stand on the hill are proving what? They wont travel 34 miles to support the team but they will travel 34 miles to stand on a hill where they can see 2 thirds of the pitch. Either go or stay at home. Surly you are proving you will travel.

I really don't get the standing on the hill thing but im sure the 20ish that did it yesterday have made a real difference to the current situation

Of course fans WILL travel, else there would be no-one at away games.

Arent they showing that they dont approve and will not be giving SISU any money to condone the move ?

ccfc4ever

Of course fans WILL travel, else there would be no-one at away games.

Arent they showing that they dont approve and will not be giving SISU any money to condone the move ?

You don't have to travel 34 miles to prove that point you just don't go to the game. If that's what those people want to do its upto them.

Steve.B50

Northants police are reporting 6 on the hill on their twitter. 2 locals arrested for class A drug possession with intent to supply. Absolutely disgraceful.

Was not going to get involved in this debate but this is a load of rubbish, the Police were fine with us being on the hill, one from Lancs Police, two from West Midlands (Dave Mapp on Holiday) and a Northants Officer.
No arrests were made on the Hill while I was there, those watching the game were a mixed bunch of fans, some were at first game others not, most said they will be there again next time.
Numbers wise, I would estimate at between 30-40 but it changed all the time as some came and went, two from Northampton were very strong minded.
GH watched from further away then joined the main group when we got equaliser, he was very cautious what he said but did say not to give up and things were still progessing but did try not to be drawn into anything.Also said he is still happy to meet with JS but she will not reply to any form of contact.

The story about any arrests for drugs is not true and I think "Grappa" should get a grip.

My view in this big mess is that there are more than one side to all this and we should do what ever we can to get these groups to talk.
I personally do not care who owns us I just want to follow my team in Coventry, its obviously all about personalties now.
It was not nice seeing fans giving abuse to other fans but to be honest it was both ways as those walking down to Sixfields gave as much as was given.

Nick

Administrator
Was not going to get involved in this debate but this is a load of rubbish, the Police were fine with us being on the hill, one from Lancs Police, two from West Midlands (Dave Mapp on Holiday) and a Northants Officer.
No arrests were made on the Hill while I was there, those watching the game were a mixed bunch of fans, some were at first game others not, most said they will be there again next time.
Numbers wise, I would estimate at between 30-40 but it changed all the time as some came and went, two from Northampton were very strong minded.
GH watched from further away then joined the main group when we got equaliser, he was very cautious what he said but did say not to give up and things were still progessing but did try not to be drawn into anything.Also said he is still happy to meet with JS but she will not reply to any form of contact.

The story about any arrests for drugs is not true and I think "Grappa" should get a grip.

My view in this big mess is that there are more than one side to all this and we should do what ever we can to get these groups to talk.
I personally do not care who owns us I just want to follow my team in Coventry, its obviously all about personalties now.
It was not nice seeing fans giving abuse to other fans but to be honest it was both ways as those walking down to Sixfields gave as much as was given.

Steve, as a trust person could the encouragement for the divide not be stopped at the trust end? The emails sent out seem to stir it up and I know it wasn't you who sent them but sending out emails encouraging people not to go doesn't achieve anything but divide more..

Just from reading on here the abuse seems to be mostly from the nopm side and strangely from the older fans with their sisu puppet and scab stuff.

Can something to unite all fans not be arranged and promoted?

Steve.B50

Steve, as a trust person could the encouragement for the divide not be stopped at the trust end? The emails sent out seem to stir it up and I know it wasn't you who sent them but sending out emails encouraging people not to go doesn't achieve anything but divide more..

Just from reading on here the abuse seems to be mostly from the nopm side and strangely from the older fans with their sisu puppet and scab stuff.

Nick
I agree 100%
Cannot stop what is said on here and as you know I get a great deal of abuse from one member but have broad shoulders.
We are working on ways to try and unite fans but a lot are just so set in what they believe is right and wrong. A lot are very frustrated and have differernt ideas on how to best deal with it, as we both know some people are hurting a great deal..
On Sunday I drove down to Sixfields to stand on the hill, what did it achieve, very little but it made me feel better. No anti SISU chants and the only place I did see that said was on shirts of some fans walking down to stadium.

The comment on here about arrests is complete rubbish

You know my views, I just want my club back in Coventry.

I have tried to call Tim Fisher direct, have written to JS to arrange a meeting, have offered to meet her anywhere.

Do not think any one group or any individual is innocent in all this, except the fans.

Last edited:

@richh87

Nasty bad sisu, super Joe and Gary wouldn't ever think about doing anything like that would they?
None of them should be any where near our club I don't think, that's sisu gh or je

Why shouldn't Hoffman be near our club? Bizarre.

SonOfSnoz

Why shouldn't Hoffman be near our club? Bizarre.

With his wealth, you'd hope he'd invest in the club!
That is, get a share of the stadium, buy some players, sponsors etc!
He was on the board long enough & as mentioned, agreed to scrap the academy!

So far all he's done is attend a freebie in a box with PH4, take his puppy for a walk on a hill by Sixfields or big up that idiot Richard Keys!

Sorry GH, you seem like another media whore, just like Dhinsa, Byng & PH4?

As for Joe, how can he do a Jimmy Hill at the legends game, when he took the shares of Cov fans to get Sisu here in the first place & now they play in Northampton with kids on -3 bottom of league 1?

Madness!

Skybluesquirrel

Is Hoffman really to be trusted? He loves doing his man of the people bit - now appearing up on the hill.

The bloke was head of Barclaycard when they massively mis-sold PPI.

The offer to pay the rent at the Ricoh in return for a share of the gate was an absolute joke, designed to upset SISU, not to help the situation in any way. Stroke of genius to provoke SISU. Nothing what so ever to help the real fans, or get the club to return/remain at the Ricoh.

He's also kept very quiet about how the two companies were run whilst he was on the board - CCFC Ltd and Holdings. Which company was the club? He was, and is, in a position to clarify matters but chooses not to. Why is that?

Last edited:

shmmeee

Is Hoffman really to be trusted? He loves doing his man of the people bit - now appearing up on the hill.

The bloke was head of Barclaycard when they massively mis-sold PPI.

The offer to pay the rent at the Ricoh in return for a share of the gate was an absolute joke, designed to upset SISU, not to help the situation in any way. Stroke of genius to provoke SISU. Nothing what so ever to help the real fans, or get the club to return/remain at the Ricoh.

He's also kept very quiet about how the two companies were run whilst he was on the board - CCFC Ltd and Holdings. Which company was the club? He was, and is, in a position to clarify matters but chooses not to. Why is that?

Do you really not think it was him who leaked the board minutes? He's done a lot wrong but I don't think that's one you can pin on him.

Skybluesquirrel

Do you really not think it was him who leaked the board minutes? He's done a lot wrong but I don't think that's one you can pin on him.

Why did he have to do a leak, if indeed it was Hoffman? He could have included that information in the many interviews he put himself up for over the summer, but for some reason chose not to. He's also left Ian at 200% open to the possibility of all types of legal shit in the future for hosting the document. Joy and SISU claim they enjoy a day out at the courts. 200% get the exposure and extra hits on the blog. Hoffman stands to make a nice fat commission from brokering the deal and any future roles at the club.

And why do the leak so late - whoever had access to those documents had them for years so could have released them back in May when Fisher and Appleton started enlightening us with their 'versions' of ownership.

shmmeee

Why did he have to do a leak, if indeed it was Hoffman? He could have included that information in the many interviews he put himself up for over the summer, but for some reason chose not to. He's also left Ian at 200% open to the possibility of all types of legal shit in the future for hosting the document. Joy and SISU claim they enjoy a day out at the courts. 200% get the exposure and extra hits on the blog. Hoffman stands to make a nice fat commission from brokering the deal and any future roles at the club.

And why do the leak so late - whoever had access to those documents had them for years so could have released them back in May when Fisher and Appleton started enlightening us with their 'versions' of ownership.

I agree with a lot of that (apart from "poor little 200%" - they know what they get out of this an legal action is not likely for an accurate document) but in every interview and statement I've seen he has said that CCFC Ltd was the club all the way until he left. Not sure what else he could say/do.

letsallsingtogether

You say that most of the abuse comes from NOPM posters why's that?

Is it because there are more of them just look at the gates.

We were standing on the Hill and never gave any Abuse until a women in her sixties shouted I hope we never return to Coventry so what does she expect to get in return a kiss. She even had the audacity to wear a Made in Cov Tee Shirt......

As for uniting the fans what do you, me or anyone else suggest they will only get shot down. And by who? yes them same people that do nothing the worst of the lot.

Grappa

We were standing on the Hill and never gave any Abuse until a women in her sixties shouted I hope we never return to Coventry so what does she expect to get in return a kiss. She even had the audacity to wear a Made in Cov Tee Shirt......

REAL FANS abuse old ladies.

Great work guys, I'm proud of you.

lordsummerisle

Always thought it was either GH or JE who leaked the minutes, which shows lack of judgement yet again in showing themselves up for their roles in the proposed closing of The Academy.

If they did leak them, why not leak all others?

Nothing to hide surely?

tuousis

The people who go and stand on the hill are proving what? They wont travel 34 miles to support the team but they will travel 34 miles to stand on a hill where they can see 2 thirds of the pitch. Either go or stay at home. Surly you are proving you will travel.

I really don't get the standing on the hill thing but im sure the 20ish that did it yesterday have made a real difference to the current situation
Thats right, leave the others to protest,when SISU put us off the map and we have no team,you will go all quiet,it wasnt my fault sir.

letsallsingtogether

Old lady not much older then some on the hill should have kept quiet like everyone else but she wanted to cause a reaction that is what she got boos even from some of the fans going in the ground.

REAL FANS abuse old ladies.

Great work guys, I'm proud of you.

Last edited:

hill83

Old lady not much older then some on the hill should have kept quiet like everyone else but she wanted to cause a reaction that is what she got boos even from some of the fans going in the ground.

"Even?"
Are you suggesting the fans going into the ground don't want us to return to Coventry?

Nick

Administrator

Disgusting, again the older fans showing them selves up when they should set an example.

torchomatic

I'm surprised you aren't calling him a weak minded apologist for going to Sixfields. That's what you'd called other fans.

Yes he came for about 10 minutes spoke to the fans then went home he does after all live close to the ground. And why shouldn't he go ? you keep saying it's a free country.

Steve.B50

I was there as an individual and nothing to do with the Trust. I Never heard the abuse discussed earlier on his thread.
However, you stated there were two arrests on the Hill which was not true.

Grappa

There was no abuse so why are you saying she was abused there was comments between both those going in and those not so what is your agenda?

"We were standing on the Hill and never gave any Abuse until a women in her sixties shouted I hope we never return to Coventry"

Letsallsingtogether disagrees.

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread