Holiday pay (1 Viewer)

ovduk78

My son started work for a local company and after working for them for 2 1/2 weeks they decided that the job wasn't for him. Are they due him holiday pay for the time that he worked?

Grendel

My son started work for a local company and after working for them for 2 1/2 weeks they decided that the job wasn't for him. Are they due him holiday pay for the time that he worked?

unlikely as it’s normally accrued

PVA

The job had a 6 month probation period. Surely you are allowed to take paid leave during that time?

Yes you are, but I don't think holiday pay will accrue/start until he's been in the job for a month. So no bueno I'm afraid.

Flying Fokker

Life’s lessons learned. Forget the money and focus on the next job. It’s not worth the hassle.

Specs WT-R75

In theory every day of work (or paid leave) is worth 1/260th of the yearly annual leave entitlement. If he worked 13 full days then he's technically entitled to 5% of the annual leave entitlement (1 day if that entitlement was 20 days for example).

Probably easier to chalk this one up to experience given the circumstances and there will be no way to easily enforce this without costly legal action.

ovduk78

I would normally put it down as a life lesson for him but the company were really arsey with him threatening to deduct his wages for late returning of his uniform after agreeing he could return it later after washing it first.

We have been in touch with ACAS & they have said he is due 1.4 days holiday pay and if they refuse to pay him within 14 days to refer it to them.

Specs WT-R75

I would normally put it down as a life lesson for him but the company were really arsey with him threatening to deduct his wages for late returning of his uniform after agreeing he could return it later after washing it first.

We have been in touch with ACAS & they have said he is due 1.4 days holiday pay and if they refuse to pay him within 14 days to refer it to them.

Sounds like his AL entitlement was 28 days then ;)

Users who are viewing this thread