Home fans in South Stand v Preston - Trial Confirmed (4 Viewers)

djr8369

People will move over if they open it up for STs. The issue then is it leaves huge gaps elsewhere.
Close the corner next to the family zone on quiet games? Would have to move some ST holders but can’t imagine many sit there?

MalcSB

Isn't it that they have to unless the police object on safety grounds?
It is. The Concourse could be reconfigured in such a way that it would make it unsafe to give away fans more than blocks 6-9, which would be 3,687 seats. What effect safe standing might have, I don’t know.

SBbucks

I am certain 80% would move from 15/16 to the corner. The view is better than the corner.

Ultimately, as O'Day is suggesting, the majority want to be near the away fans to improve the atmosphere.

Even if we do get bigger crowds next year, unless we are selling out, limiting away fans to 2500 will be throwing money away.

Frankly, that’s bollocks. Maybe 10-20% max, the majority around me in 16 have shown no interest in moving. It’s taken 5-6 years to build up communities in that area so no way it’s being chucked away to start again. The biggest demographic likely to move are probably the teenagers (and those who have never grown up).

The view certainly isn’t better behind the goal, there is no perspective and it is more difficult to tell how far the ball is away from the goal, etc. The corner provides an angle to view the whole pitch from, rather than the one dimensional view from behind the goal. Some might prefer that view, but objectively it isn’t better.

wingy

Frankly, that’s bollocks. Maybe 10-20% max, the majority around me in 16 have shown no interest in moving. It’s taken 5-6 years to build up communities in that area so no way it’s being chucked away to start again. The biggest demographic likely to move are probably the teenagers (and those who have never grown up).

The view certainly isn’t better behind the goal, there is no perspective and it is more difficult to tell how far the ball is away from the goal, etc. The corner provides an angle to view the whole pitch from, rather than the one dimensional view from behind the goal. Some might prefer that view, but objectively it isn’t better.
Yep should be incentivised!

shmmeee

I am certain 80% would move from 15/16 to the corner. The view is better than the corner.

Ultimately, as O'Day is suggesting, the majority want to be near the away fans to improve the atmosphere.

Even if we do get bigger crowds next year, unless we are selling out, limiting away fans to 2500 will be throwing money away.

Only if we don’t back us to keep growing the fan base, which let’s be honest is unlikely. The away section has been empty while the home is full far more this season than visa versa. There’s no reason that wouldn’t continue.

pusbccfc

Maybe people will stay in 16 but in 14/15 the majority want to sit by the away fans.

Why do you think there's been so much uproar about the positioning of the away fans?

shmmeee

I’d expect a 10-15% increase in home fans assuming we don’t go on some stupid awful run and finish roughly where we are, maybe towards the top end of that if we lose in the playoffs again. Go up/win the cup and all bets are off.

Looks like our average will be about 25k so say 27-28.5k depending on how we finish.

Short of selling all the corporate that’s often empty, you just can’t get that for most games without opening up the south stand to home fans.

SBbucks

Maybe people will stay in 16 but in 14/15 the majority want to sit by the away fans.

Why do you think there's been so much uproar about the positioning of the away fans?

There hasn’t been uproar, there has been 20 or 30 people vocal on Twitter, FB, etc. Most people really don’t care, they go to watch the football rather than to worry about the away fans.
And how do you know the majority in 14/15 want to sit by the away fans, have you conducted a census?

pusbccfc

There hasn’t been uproar, there has been 20 or 30 people vocal on Twitter, FB, etc. Most people really don’t care, they go to watch the football rather than to worry about the away fans.
And how do you know the majority in 14/15 want to sit by the away fans, have you conducted a census?

Why do you think so many jumped the railing to get behind the goal against Preston.

Or, why are so many keen to sit in an area of the ground with a pretty average view. It's to sit by away fans.

SBbucks

Why do you think so many jumped the railing to get behind the goal against Preston.

Or, why are so many keen to sit in an area of the ground with a pretty average view. It's to sit by away fans.

Yes, there was hardly anyone left in 14-16, they had all jumped over the railings.
You and some others clearly have a fetish about being next to the away fans and exchanging juvenile abuse but don’t try and pretend it’s the majority.
And I’m still waiting for your explanation as to why behind the goal is a better view than the corner.

MalcSB

That must be the quietest uproar I have ever heard. What a load of bollocks.

shmmeee

Considering it sells out before any other part of the ground, I think it’s safe to say if you didn’t want to sit by the away fans you probably wouldn’t buy by the away fans.

pusbccfc

You stand in the the naughty corner for the view? Why not sit in one of the other corners for the same view then?

If they open up behind the goal for home fans, over time the singers will naturally shift over. There is a reason the "singing" part of the Ricoh has changed from the Telegraph Stand to the corner - to be near the away fans. If you think all the singers have congregated there for anything other than this then you are deluded.

Spot on.

Can't believe people assume the reason for sitting in block 14/15 is for the view.

And even if that's the case, you may as well leave the South Stand empty most weeks rather than selling a handful of STs there.

mmttww

Cardiff game looking like it'll sell out. Nothing left outside these blocks and it's selling quick.

pusbccfc

Cardiff has always been a cup final for us. Just like Leicester, Maidstone, Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday!

robbiethemole

Can anyone explain why I can't buy a ticket in Block 11 for my daughter? I tried (for research ) to get one on my st and assign it to her but it says she doesn't have the right privileges. Do you need a purchase history to buy home tickets now?

SkyBlueSoul

Can anyone explain why I can't buy a ticket in Block 11 for my daughter? I tried (for research ) to get one on my st and assign it to her but it says she doesn't have the right privileges. Do you need a purchase history to buy home tickets now?
Yep, same for all remaining homes games. Looks like it's to stop Man Utd fans setting up an account and buying a ticket to give themselves a purchase history for the semi-final.

1711115655294.png

SkyBlueTam

Can anyone help. Did I dream, read or possibly hear on radio that, they intend moving the press area next year in order to allow that area to be poplulated by regular seat and raise the grown capacity as well as the proposed south stand move?

Calista

The other thing you might need to check is that you have 'Manage' (not just 'Assign') rights to her account? You can request that change online by finding her in your network and choosing the edit option.

robbiethemole

The other thing you might need to check is that you have 'Manage' (not just 'Assign') rights to her account? You can request that change online by finding her in your network and choosing the edit option.
Yes all on ‘manage’ but not letting me assign. How can you get tickets for any of the home games left then?

chiefdave

Can anyone help. Did I dream, read or possibly hear on radio that, they intend moving the press area next year in order to allow that area to be poplulated by regular seat and raise the grown capacity as well as the proposed south stand move?
doesn't ring a bell. Where could they move it that would mean the overall capacity increasing? It would have to be that side of the ground as there's no facilities for the press to use on the other side and not room to build anything.

SkyBlueTam

doesn't ring a bell. Where could they move it that would mean the overall capacity increasing? It would have to be that side of the ground as there's no facilities for the press to use on the other side and not room to build anything.
I'm sure I heard it somewhere, I wish I could find where. The Press section takes up half a block so I'm guessing room for around 400 more seats. My guess is that the press section would move up to the cantalever section, which they can never sell out even when we have a sell-out, so it does seem a sensible way of creating more sellable seats.

Ashdown

Looking to buy 3 tickets for the Ipswich game in the South Stand, the system shows nowt for sale there…..Is that because they will be the last to be released. They surely haven’t already sold out ?

Users who are viewing this thread