How can we retain the fans that are coming back for the JPT Area Final (1 Viewer)

skyblueref

How can the club retain the fans that are coming back for the JPT Area Final

Following a great success in ticket sales in what ways can the club market itself with tickets and offers to retain the fans that have appeared for the JPT, if I get enough sensible and realistic ideas I will forward to the clubs marketing department, It's a fans club we need our views. It's gonna be a great night against crewe, the atmosphere will be electric but how can the club help to keep fans coming through the turnstiles??? :D

Last edited:

coundonskyblue

By winning this game and maintain a decent run in the league.

Low pricing has helped with this attendance, but the fact we have got to the semi finals has helped even more.

It doesn't matter how cheap something is, they still have to want to come and see it.

mark82

Just shows fans will come back with a bit of success. If we can get promoted and compete at the top end of the championship many fans will come back.

skyblueref

Just shows fans will come back with a bit of success. If we can get promoted and compete at the top end of the championship many fans will come back.
You're right, not saying anything against fans who genuinely can't make it but for those who just can't be bothered cause it's league 1, we're still Coventry City Football Club and still their Sky Blues!!!

coundonskyblue

This is one of them games where the outcome is much more important than just getting to Wembley.

A lot of families will be there next week, with them a whole new generation of fans who may not have been to see us before. Win this game and we will have those fans for the next 60-70 years.

mark82

You're right, not saying anything against fans who genuinely can't make it but for those who just can't be bothered cause it's league 1, we're still Coventry City Football Club and still their Sky Blues!!!

Never understand not going because its league 1. I've enjoyed this year as much if not more than our years in the championship.

SBS

Personally, the only things I can see making a major difference to attendances aside from the quality of football is the lower prices and the completion of the train station.

The only other thing would be moving the away fans closer, creating a decent atmosphere near the scoreboard. The distance between the two sets of fans is comical, North and South Korea have less of a gap.

WillieStanley

They need to have a positive experience. A win would help, but the little things, like good customerservice from Programme Sellers and Stewards, quick service at half time, decent pre-match entertainment, decent half-time entertainment, keep Tea Boy away from any sort of microphone or Tannoy. Hopefully, a show-stopping finish like PNE and Oldham would wet a few whistles.

jon92

It would be gd to keep some of the fans but as most of us know most will be just there for the day out. Same happened after we sold out the Chelsea game at Ricoh the home game after attendance was back to normal

Covstu

The only way to keep fans is to be successful, a promotion charge will hopefully keep fans coming back for more. We all know that at least 10k of the fans going to Crewe will not be attending any league games anytime soon

SBS

cheaper prices for under 15's

Under 10's free

Anyone under 18 who has supported Cov all their life will have seen season after season of shit; I feel privileged having seen Cov play in the Premier League. I actually have quite a lot of respect for the young people you see at normal home games. I've got memories of beating the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal in the league. The best it's been for them is the 3 months Dennis Wise was here!

Maybe a similar system to Bradford (I think it was them anyway) where you pay for a season ticket at the start and get money back for every game you go to. With youth employment rising, it's only going to get harder to entice new generations.

jon92

The only way to keep fans is to be successful, a promotion charge will hopefully keep fans coming back for more. We all know that at least 10k of the fans going to Crewe will not be attending any league games anytime soon

When we were in the championship the attendances still weren't the best

Grendel

One thing is clear. Supporters want a Wembley ticket. That's the over riding factor here. If the club make the play off final with limited allocation lets hope they use that demand to the clubs advantage.

Covstu

When we were in the championship the attendances still weren't the best

your right be we rarely won a game Jon, we get promoted either through playoffs or automatic (playoffs really on realistic one) and we will have the same Wembley fever as we have at the moment. What happens after that is likely to drop back to about 15k max but again that would depend on any potential investment in players.

Users who are viewing this thread